Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I would be down as well.

Count me in if we are throwing one together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Just did a 12-team ROTO draft in which everyone bought in and is competitive. I didn't prepare at all because I leave for a tour tomorrow and have been busy, so hopefully I didn't do too badly. I didn't really how hitting is such a wasteland after the first 5-6 rounds, especially the infield.

AVG/H/HR/RBI/SB/OPS
ERA/WHIP/KperBB/Kper9/QS/SV

I'm in the same league, here's how my team ended up:

C: Grandal
1B: Rizzo
2b: Wong
3b: Castellanos
SS: Desmond
IF: Freeman
OF: Betts
OF: Pollock
OF: Upton
Util: Yelich
Util: Duda
Util: Piscotty
BN: Justin Turner, DeShields, Schoop, Wieters

SP: Kluber, Pineda
RP: Kenley Jansen, Zach Britton
P: Odorizzi, Rodney, Jeffress, Knebel, Bracho
BN: Erasmo Ramierez, Carter Capps (:()

So, obviously focused more on hitting than starting pitching. My strategy was to get one "Ace" (considering K/9, K/BB, QS instead of wins) and to actively stream the rest. The league has weird settings (no start/innings pitches limit and unlimited DL spots, daily moves, no acquisition limit) and I'm confident enough in my ability to stream that I don't think I'll finish in the basement in the one starter-required stat, QS. On the saves front, I have two stud closers, one terrifying closer (Rodney) and one potential closer in Jeffress. I've also always been pretty successful in jumping on anointed closers so I believe i'll finish just fine in that category.

The rest of the pitching stats are rates and not counting stats (WHIP, ERA, K/9, K/BB) so i filled out the pitching squad with high upside high K potential setup guys that I can churn over the course of the year in order to help smooth out ratios that may take some hits on bad streaming calls (and Rodney, if he keeps his job). So although I made a much smaller investment on the pitching side of things, I still think I'll be competitive in all categories. And competitive will hopefully be all I need, because drat do I love my offense.

It's an OPS league that has a hits category as well as an AVG category. My offensive core of Rizzo, Betts, Pollock, Freeman and Upton should be incredibly strong in all categories (Freeman is especially strong in this league compared to a normal league, as runs is not a category so he's not hurt as much by the Braves lineup and his huge OBP fuels his OPS to borderline elite levels. Duda boosts the power/OPS, Piscotty and Yelich boost AVG/Hits, Deshields is around if I'm lagging in steals, and Desmond should provide value in steals/power. I usually don't carry 2 catchers, but Grandal is iffy with his health and I wanted to have a backup to all positions in order to have a full starting lineup every day and keep racking up hits. Castellanos is a placeholder for Turner, who should be really solid in this league once he's healthy. I'm hoping/betting on one of Wong/Schoop breaking out enough to be acceptable, and I can alternate them as I need more in steals (Wong) or power (Schoop) and depending on the pitcher matchup that day.

I've written a novel with this post, but it was my first draft of the year and I'm pumped fantasy baseball is back.
What do you guys think?

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Shawn Manaea is coming up y'all

• Locked thread