Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How can anyone resist not punching her? It's great. It's even better than headbutting a krogan.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Also squad AI goes haywire and everyone crawls up Shep's rear end.
I guess that explains the rear admiral. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My favorite thing is the video you can find from LotSB where a Krogan punches her :haw:

e: and the Volus kicks her in the shins
Yes, those are definitely great too. But they lack the wonderful satisfactory feeling you get with player input.

edit
Oh god, the combat dialog. I had completely suppressed that. I will destroy you! I will destroy you! Go go go! I will destroy you! Enemies everywhere! I will destroy you! You must die! Go go go!

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 21, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Psion posted:

pretty easy actually. Shep delivers some solid as hell verbal beatdowns if you go that route, and it pays off in ME3 better in my opinion.
Unless the ME3 payoff is a verbal beatdown in the form of a rap battle that ends with Shepard dropping the mic on her foot it can't be worth missing out on some punching. :colbert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aces High posted:

You know, it's funny that even though it makes sense that they are saying "enemies everywhere" when the males say it it sounds more like they are saying "enemy is everywhere"
Yeah, I'm just guessing that was what they say. It's kinda dumb since Shepard and party members will usually be pretty close together and not spread out everywhere.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

And in Andromeda there will be these ancient machines known as the Harvesters that... :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This game is full of bugs!

Every time I see/play this part I forget just how many elevators there are. But it's not too bad, it is supposed to be up on a peak and it breaks up all the endless corridors a little.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

We'll have the valiant protagonist Goatard fighting the evil Harvesters, and in the sequel there will be the never-shutting-up Precursor and his servants: The Hoarders.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

One thing that really disappointed me in ME2 was the space battle near the end. It just dragged on for far too long and the dense junk field of crap they had to navigate through is one thing I've never cared for in sci-fi. The big bad ship getting one-shotted was really anti climatic but those silly barrels were somehow supposed to be a threat? Lol, no. Just no. You even take one out by hand for fucks sake. Oh no, the Normandy is being chased by one of them until Joker gets serious and does an amazing and unpredictable move, a loop, which totally outmaneuvers the dull enemy drone. Yawn. The drat cutscene is unskippable too to make things even worse and I almost wanted to the first time I saw it.

Compare it to the space fight in ME1 end which is way more tense and interesting and actually has a real and dangerous enemy. I don't actually know if the ME1 cutscene is unskippable or not as I have never even felt like finding out.

tldr: :rant:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Well, you can do the most important one with Legion involving Tali's mission. That was fun.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wish it was easier to kill off Miranda. Jakob is just bland and boring so he can live I suppose but Miranda is just so... creepy. Everything about her is creepy and she's just a bootlick buttlick with her head so far up her superior's rear end she could lick the back off his teeth. Jack is trying way too hard to be all edgy and poo poo and, as mentioned, she's so weak and useless in the game compared to the other companions while kicking, heavily scripted, rear end in cutscenes. Down the space toilet you go.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Didn't the guards just kill all the npc's?

Also you totally missed out on the Army of Darkness reference when initiating the purge. (at least that's what I remember) :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh. I never realized. So many dead because of me. :smith:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm sure no one would oppose the idea of breeding millions of Krogans to fight the Rachni if they become hostile again. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Just make sure Kaidan is using an assault rifle.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Unfortunately the jumping geth wouldn't work with all the convenient chest-high cover crap in the later games.

Up Circle posted:

i feel like that should be punishment for losing to the alien jailbait asperger
Still better than either of the humans.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I think I've only fallen off with the Mako once in that whole area, then I just drove more carefully and assumed it was intended to be part of the difficulty of the place since the enemies are fewer and easier than other driving sections (I think). :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

the only logical conclusion is that he was in fact a geth mole sent to spy on the thorian.
Geth do not infiltrate. :colbert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If the Thorian was there before they built the city, why is it at the top of a sky scraper? Did it climb up?

"That was incredible! All this time. All my research. Yet I never dreamed... I'm sorry. I never imagined the experience would be so... intense." :pervert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fwoderwick posted:

Assuming you aren't going to be spending days pulling together a skybox montage then would be good to see luna for the actual real reason: Ooh earth!
It's certainly not for the indoor scenery or the combat on higher difficulties. Rocket to the face, rocket to the face, rocket to the face. :bang:

YOTC posted:

A+ for music choice.
Especially for Liara.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

LotSB is fantastic in general. It's where Liara finally finds a sense of humor, and turns out she's actually funny.
If you ignore the drop cutscene stupidity, backseat driving, the buggy parking lot and the awful boss fight (I'm amazed they didn't just strap that character to the front of a ship and crushed everything with the now essentially indestructible armor). And that's just the first half. The rest was good however.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Take Liara, she has a funny comment about where all the sand goes in her suit. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I never bothered transferring saves between Dragon Age 1-2. It felt a bit pointless since you're playing a completely different character in a completely different location and the few cameos from the first just seemed like cameos. :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yet another reason to dislike Ashley. Not that I like Kaidan either. lovely humans.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

This is also a game where, in (almost) the same cutscene, a Lieutenant felt he needed to give deference to a Sergeant.
He is a total bottom.

hard counter posted:

Good humans in this series include, what Zaeed and Kasumi maybe? Pretty much anyone else might be a controversial pick.
Maybe, I never got to play around with those two. Since they never made any dlc for the steam version. :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

They actually did but it's a pain in the rear end.

You have to buy it off of the bioware social network website and that will give you an individual installer that will install it onto your steam installation.

And you have to do this for EVERY single piece of Downloadable Content for Mass Effect 2.

The bioware what?

Oh gods it's one of those awful poo poo "stores" where you have to pay real money for fake points you spend in order to actually buy something. Also known as "we want to make it as annoying and obnoxious as possible to buy our stuff because we hate money". I can't stand that. :sigh:

I almost hesitate to ask what kind of hoops you have to jump through for the drm they use with such a poor system.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Pick the one with the most fabulous butt. :butt:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Absolutely perfect and very much appropriate. :allears:

Up Circle posted:

No one could get attached to kaidan
Yes, it's a hard choice to pick which one you hate the least and can stand having survive.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Because nothing makes you respect and fear an opponent more than one who is constantly recycling the same taunts over and over.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kurieg posted:

I do love your CSEC buddy pushing through your paperwork while idly ranting about people declaring themselves dead as a tax dodge.
Wouldn't declaring yourself dead invalidate your id, licenses and credit cards?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Finally some biotic butt action, even if it was way more awkward than I remembered. :v:

Liara bringing up that she's not considered an adult kinda kills the mood however. Are we going to get a visit from an Asari Chris Hansen now?

Shut the hell up Kaidan, we can get more nukes.

Poil fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 4, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I like to imagine Shepard listening to the music during the fight up the citadel and singing along.

The citadel space battle is really cool with Sovereign just :killdozer: through the defense fleet not giving a gently caress and Admiral Hackett being all "Negative! This is our only chance!". Shooting Geth, Saren and Saren/Sovereign interspersed with cutscenes of the fleet action really helps to make it feel epic and to give it a sense of urgency.

If my memory is correct Wrex puts two bullets through Saren's head when making sure he's dead, everyone else just shoots once.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aces High posted:

hooooooooly poo poo this is loving hilarious. I'm gonna print one of these off to ease my finals stress
What did Joker's mom tell him before his pilot's test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aces High posted:

Besides, Captains don't go on away missions, they're too valuable for that
Star Trek has taught me that the captain always gets first dibs for a spot on any away mission. :v:

• Locked thread