Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Psion posted:

The whole Kaidan = Carth thing is horribly overblown. Carth is, well, if you've played KOTOR2 you've heard a spot-on imitation of him. Kaidan has the problem of standing under a heating lamp but his "I have tragic issues in my past" scenario is "and I dealt with them, how are you today Commander?" instead of [Carth looks like he has something to say] in the middle of a combat zone.

also ME3 made a whole lot of people regret their choices in this game :laugh:

Was he massively cooler than Ashley in that game? Please elaborate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Kurieg posted:

He's kind of straight laced and boring, but his loyalty quest is one of the darker moments of the entire trilogy.

It's dark, but still not very interesting. Just, "here are some people that handled a difficult situation very poorly". No real ambiguity or grey areas.

Though I suppose those things are few and far between in this series.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Adepts may have been super powerful in ME1 (though I think soldiers and infiltrators were the most powerful, solely due to the insanity of the Immunity skill), but they were also super boring. Then again, I guess mostly everything was. The gameplay of Mass Effect 1 has not aged well.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Night10194 posted:

It feels like a nice bit of self awareness and willingness to poke fun at their own premise some, basically.

I think you're giving them too much credit.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Heh heh, it's fun how everyone's mostly just looking forward to ME2. Myself included! drat, that was a fun game. Should play it again. drat you, Bioware, for releasing ME1 for PS3 and triggering my neuroses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Hey I've got no problem skipping people until they have something interesting to say. Or leaving it out entirely, although a couple of people in the thread have mentioned they never played 1 so I thought I'd show off at least some of it.

Despite what I've said earlier, I think ME1 works well enough as a highlight reel of sorts. The story does have its high points.

• Locked thread