Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011
I am the 80%! Well technically I'm also the 20%, because I played through all 3 games as both male and femshep. And really liked and enjoyed both - I know the consensus is that Femshep's performance blows dudeshep's away, but I thought both were pretty great. And I still think I enjoyed the first game best of them all, though I will admit I haven't played it in probably 5 or so years at this point. I just really dug the opportunities for exploration the game offered - yeah, all the "empty expanse" most other folks were bored stiff by, I couldn't get enough of.

Anyway, pretty stoked that I can appreciate this Let's Play having experienced and enjoyed the game, as opposed to going in blind with DA:I. Looking forward to how you approach the game. Secretly kind of hoping you let Biotic Carth survive this game, because I never have. Ash, racist that she is, was at least interesting. And other guy was ... not. Hell, I can't even remember his name. Don't know if you're making decisions or calling for votes, but I'd like to see how the other half live when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

There's nothing wrong with playing a soldier. It's that 80% of people never even changed the name, face, or class, just mash "John Shepard" and go.

Ha, well ... I did that, too. For both sexes of Shepard. I could not get a decent looking male or female Shepard worth making - which is to say, I couldn't get anything remotely human looking. So, default male and femshep, down to the given names.

Watching the second video, I know we don't get the full effect of it just yet, but it reminded me how disturbing those Prothean visions get, with the whole meat + metal thing going on. I don't remember that getting a lot of traction in discussions, but it really got under my skin. So to speak.

divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Meanwhile you've got the Salarians that live to like 30 and do their best Jason Statham in Crank impression for that entire span

The Salarians have pretty much been my favorites from the first game. Always running around like over-caffeinated speed freaks, multi-tasking (I'm guessing) out of some kind of OCD reaction to their mortality. Since we're ok with talking about spoilers, I know just about everyone's favorite is Mordin (naturally enough), but I took an insanity run save into ME3 that had gotten him killed during the suicide run at the end of ME2. And the replacement Mordin is pretty good, and even had one of my biggest laugh out loud moments. While Padok, the replacement salarian crew member, is working on the genophage cure, he starts to imagine what krogan sex must be like:

That reverie interrupted by a moment of shock/horror made me put down the controller for a while, I was laughing so hard.

divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011
Holy crap, I never really used the shotgun in any of the Mass Effect games. Clearly I made a mistake.

divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011
It was totally worth it to get a blast of 80s nostalgia. I still love Mr. Roboto.

• Locked thread