Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play Mega Coin Squad

Mega Coin Squad is a great 2d platformer released on Steam by Big Pixel studios. It features an unorthodox method of game-progression: collecting a massive amount of coins to deposit into a sentient piggy bank. Pretty much everything about this game is a screaming testament to stylish and satisfying design. The platforms are randomly chosen, you can smash right through them like a pixelated wrecking ball, there is surprisingly fluid air-movement, the sound effects are aural heaven, and there isn't a dull second to be found. There's too much to like about this game and so little time to appreciate it. I'm going to be doing a no-hit run of every stage and showing off the game's mechanics the best I possibly can.

#1. Green Valley

#2. Desert Plains

#3. Snow City

#4. Lava Land

That's all! Thank you for watching!

Extras: The other characters.

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
"Green Valley is just baby mode-"
*dies*
"... oh dear."

:allears:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Captain Bravo posted:

"Green Valley is just baby mode-"
*dies*
"... oh dear."

:allears:

"Humiliation is the beginning of sanctification.", if old quotes from poets are to be trusted, so I am already on my way to becoming the next Dorito Pope.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

#2. Desert Plains

The second World is always the desert one.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I had never heard of this game, but most of the [as] games I've played have been pretty fun so far (Super House of Dead Ninjas being a highlight) and I'll probably end up picking this one up too. :allears:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Someone Awful! posted:

I had never heard of this game, but most of the [as] games I've played have been pretty fun so far (Super House of Dead Ninjas being a highlight) and I'll probably end up picking this one up too. :allears:

Of all the games [as] published, it's one of the least known. It's a shame, since the novel concept is held up by some pretty solid design, and it's much more than just a pretty face.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

#3. Snow City

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

#4. Lava Land

That's all folks!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Interesting game. Looks like they put quite some work into it, although I suppose once you're familiar with it, it doesn't take that long to finish it.

I suppose there's no way to get that last upgrade? You can't replay a level or something? I guess they did it so the upgrade block can always keep cycling.

Also, I'd guess the Thwomps' placement in the lava world has to do with the fact that originally they appeared in the lava castle levels of Super Mario Bros.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

Interesting game. Looks like they put quite some work into it, although I suppose once you're familiar with it, it doesn't take that long to finish it.

I suppose there's no way to get that last upgrade? You can't replay a level or something? I guess they did it so the upgrade block can always keep cycling.

Also, I'd guess the Thwomps' placement in the lava world has to do with the fact that originally they appeared in the lava castle levels of Super Mario Bros.

There doesn't appear to be a way to go back and get it. The game can be finished in under 22 minutes if you're some kind of robot monster, but about an hour or so for normal people.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Would you be willing to go over the different characters and how they influence play?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Word on the Wind posted:

Would you be willing to go over the different characters and how they influence play?

I can make an extra video, I suppose, but the differences are so minor. They're really just like Mikey but with varying degrees of slow and fast, heavy and light.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Here's that extra video showing off the other characters.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Cool. Thanks for doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Word on the Wind posted:

Cool. Thanks for doing that.

No problem, glad you requested it. Gave me a chance to go the extra mile.

• Locked thread