Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
All is quiet in your small village. Seperated from the the large city of Manaus your people still worship the old gods, and there days are spent praising them with offerings, and farming the lands around you. Close to what is now known as the Amazon Basin the lands are rich and fertile. The head priest declares this to be a blessing from the gods and a sign that you are doing there will. Of course, some of the old ones, healers and shaman who exist seperate from the main church know from stories of there youth that the ancient amazonian people are actually the ones to thank for your ever expanding crops.

As the day continues on, and you all working together to bring in some of the last few bushels of harvest food, the sound of thunder peals across the sky. Cracking the gentle silence and breeze asunder. As the rumble begins to die down, the priest emerges from his temple atop the highest hill. Those closest all stop what they are doing and take interest in him, waiting to hear what it is the gods needed to say so badly that they were willing to ruin there quiet afternoon. Slow, methodic steps guided him towards the foot of the stone stairs leading down into the main city. Then, as if his body had completely given out, he fell forward. His head bashing into the stones below, staining them with blood.

A dead priest was no un-common thing in your village. Many times they either get caught up in the fervor of the gods, and injure themselves gravely, or they attempt to "Claim" the wrong mans wife and find themselves at the business end of there blade. The thing that sent shocked murmurs of fear and confusion through the town was that the large crystal usually perched atop the altar was now missing. Some thief, or thieves had sought to claim it for there own, and had to kill the priest to steal it.

One of the other religious leaders gathered together a group of 10 villagers, who they felt would best represent the village as a whole, and gave them the task of uncovering who the murderer was, and where they made off to with the crystal. Days passed as the group deliberated, and all seemed normal. That is, until stories started to circulate about various members of the village being driven insane, seemingly possessed by the gods themselves rampaging and murdering any who stood in there way. A human sacrifice was made to the gods to seek there guidance. The following day no report of crazed citizens circulated through the city. It quickly became apparent, the gods wanted the crystal back, and until they had it they were demanding a sacrifice a day.

After a month of investigation the cities populous is on edge, and fear has dug into the hearts of everyone, even those in villages rivers, and mountains away.
With these final days, will you find the crystal, and avenge the gods, Or will the village fall into ruin and chaos? Take your dagger into your hands, and commit your choices to the gods.

This is going to be a 10 man Mafia game. The roles are secret, but I can divulge that there will be a Scum document, which also implies that there will be more than one scum.

There will also be a special role that comes into existence if certain criteria are not met.
As a reminder to all players, the gods are hungry. Each day that there is not a sacrifice dire consequences will occur.
In order for a sacrifice to take place, the minimum required vote must be met, and the day will end immediately then as sacrifices are a solemn occasion and every man women and child is required to sit in silence and think of the gods mercy after each sacrifice.

Standard mafia rules apply,
No posting after the hammer. (The "hammer" is the final vote required to execute a player. It marks the end of the day, so noone is allowed to post after it.)
No out of thread communication unless you are specifically told that you are permitted to. (All communication related to the game must happen in the thread, unless you have an ability to the contrary. E.g. the scumteam can communicate out of thread)
NO toxxing/betting/truth or dare. (These things all just mess up the game, and are out of bounds.)
Killings are majority, not plurality. (A majority of players is required to execute a player. If the day ends without this majority, nobody is executed.)
No posting mod PMs. (Posting communications from the moderator essentially confirms you as your claimed role. Don't do it.)
No editing posts. (Editing posts allows a player to undo something that incriminates a player. If you make a mistake, it must remain for all to see.)
No faking day actions. (Pretending to have a day action when you don't just confuses things.)*Joke day actions are acceptable as long as it is entirely obvious the action was a joke, for instance ##vote Kdog is not an obvious joke ##tickle kdog is an obvious joke.*
No lurking. (Activity is the lifeblood of games. People not posting just screws things up.)
No posting screenshots from any kind of chat doc. (The scum players have a google doc, and there are other roles which potentially use them. Please do not post any direct links/screenshots of them.)

If IMGAY is still looking to pre-sign for a game, he will be in this one, along with Kashuno.
1.Imgay
2.Kashuno
3.Hal Incandenza
4.opoponax
5.BottleKnight

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm here for you jim

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##tickle kdog

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##laugh

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am very angry so I will join

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm in.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
*puts some rolls in mouth*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Coo coo

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Just 5 more and we can start the game of the century!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Which century?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm so ANGRY THAT THIS GAME HASN'T STARTED

• Locked thread