Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH IS GOING TO STEAL THE SHOW
Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
3-Way Tag Team Ladder Match
8-Man Tag Team Tables Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger, for the 25th Time
Ryback vs. Rusev
Charlotte vs. Paige
Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose
Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns
NOT DOLPH ZIGGLER BECAUSE HE SUCKS AND ALSO IS NOT BOOKED BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
View Results

• Locked thread
your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

everybody hated the main event, but we made a total 180 on roman at the end. I think he's cool now

I don't have a voice anymore gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Show ruled. Happy I get ROH next week and then no wrestling until the rumble :).

I meant no WWE. Gonna watch ROH weekly of course, I'm not insane. And y'all should too! It's free on the Internet! Just cast it to you TV.

Also that London NXT theme song sounds like sound bastardized Once song.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Be pretty cool if Roman stopped giving a poo poo about the title and just murdered everyone all the time instead.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I think what most annoyed me about the last match was no ones climbing the drat ladder, because they just want to beat the poo poo out of each other for some reason? it's not a blood feud and both guys should be trying to get the belt way more often

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Strawberry Panda posted:

Show ruled. Happy I get ROH next week and then no wrestling until the rumble :).

Also that London NXT theme song sounds like sound bastardized Once song.

the other TakeOver London theme is Ace of Spades, leading me to wonder why they would bother with anything else

also you should watch TakeOver London what the gently caress are you doing

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gonz posted:

Get ready for world heavyweight champion Hunter Hearst Helmsley sometime between now and March.

I'm...actually ok with this.

Roman/HHH at Mania for the belt where at least a good chunk of the crowd will be on his side versus a rematch with Brock where 99% of the crowd is turned against him again. The actual quality of the matches would both be fine, but at least the former fills the HHH has been screwing with Roman for nearly 2 years narrative better.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Soul Glo posted:

Be pretty cool if Roman stopped giving a poo poo about the title and just murdered everyone all the time instead.

i'm tentatively supportive of the idea of a skinny samoan brockle snar

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

abraham linksys posted:

i too want crowds that paid $100-300 to see the show to cheer and boo as props for me, the television viewer at home, to appreciate

gently caress this goon bullshit; if you're throwing hundreds of dollars to be unentertained you're either a fool or a narcissist.

Back in the day, if you didn't like a match, you just booed the poo poo out of it, sat on your hands, left, or chanted mean things about the match and threw things.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Chris James 2 posted:

Reigns beats HHH in the opening match of Mania, beats Brock in the closing match

Commentators talk about how amazing a feat this was, once in a lifetime

He would get worse boos than last time if they tried that, since WM is for super-smarks.

The only way now is to keep the heat going, have him destroy people sent by the Authority every RAW until ultimately they need to call on Heyman and Brock to take him out, resulting in a WM match for the title. Sheamus can be kayfabe destroyed (fake injury and title strip) by either Brock or Roman along the way, so that the title is available.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

MadRhetoric posted:

gently caress this goon bullshit; if you're throwing hundreds of dollars to be unentertained you're either a fool or a narcissist.

Back in the day, if you didn't like a match, you just booed the poo poo out of it, sat on your hands, left, or chanted mean things about the match and threw things.
If you pay the money you can enjoy it or hate it as much as you loving want

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I'm...actually ok with this.

Roman/HHH at Mania for the belt where at least a good chunk of the crowd will be on his side
That crowd is not booing HHH 2 days after NXT in Dallas.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

tbf NXT is gonna be at a 10k-cap building and Mania is at Jerryworld

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Like do you think people who pay 10 dollars for the network should just appreciate the product no matter what because otherwise theyre rubes? the options are not enjoy everything or dont pay for it here

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

the crowd was booing every time someone climbed the ladder solo

Nah, the very last Roman attempt they were definitely cheering. I agree up until that point, I was talking about the very last try.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

MadRhetoric posted:

Not true. You would just complain to guest services until they gave you better seats and then you'd shut your mouth cause live wrestling is sick no matter what.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

GrimGypsy posted:

Roman had to kill 2 champions with a chair and repeatedly beat on HHH to get some of the crowd to briefly look up from their phones, HES FINALLY TURNING THE CORNER GUYS! Other than being boring, lovely at wrestling, unable to cut a promo, barely able to even do his own power moves...

This cycle won't end ever

bartok
May 10, 2006

Fiveace Attorney posted:

If you pay the money you can enjoy it or hate it as much as you loving want

I'd rather the crowd make noise than be completely silent like Corpus Christi.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oh Snapple! posted:

the crowd doesn't owe them poo poo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

i'm gonna boo triple h

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The crowd was super into Roman murdering Triple H, for what it's worth

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

HBK's son is gonna be a drone operator.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I want Trips to show up in a Popemobile tomorrow and tell Roman he won't have another championship match until he beats Goldberg's streak and then have Roman murder jobbers for awhile like he should have been doing this whole time

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nah, the very last Roman attempt they were definitely cheering. I agree up until that point, I was talking about the very last try.

the first time anyone cheered for climbing was that spot

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Needs More Ditka posted:

I want Trips to show up in a Popemobile tomorrow and tell Roman he won't have another championship match until he beats Goldberg's streak and then have Roman murder jobbers for awhile like he should have been doing this whole time

You mean the Michael Cole cage.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

They really were. Why? Because he didn't give a gently caress and was just murdering people.

Book him like that WWE, you knobs.

sk posted:

the first time anyone cheered for climbing was that spot

So you're agreeing with me?

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

oatgan posted:

the build to the ppv was awful so people didn't care about the majority of the wrestling. If the crowd is sitting on their hands all night its a lovely crowd. This crowd was very into a couple of matches and shat on what they didn't like. That's a good crowd. The only thing there was absolute silence for was Rusev/Ryback and Charlotte/Paige and I don't really blame them for that!

The crowd shat on everything until each match got going. That's a testament to the in-ring doing its job in spite of the horrible loving pre-event booking and Boston being a blasted hellscape.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Oh Snapple! posted:

the crowd doesn't owe them poo poo

Really ?

What I saw today were two good athletes risking nasty injuries with all these ladder and table spots, to keep me entertained. And it was obvious that they knew they had to pull out all stops from the beginning to win over the audience. And I applaud them for it, the lovely booking of the past is not their fault.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

If you blame the crowd for not reacting strongly enough maybe you need to get your ducks in a row. Do you think crowds were just sitting on their hands in all your least favorite cities circa 1998?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They really were. Why? Because he didn't give a gently caress and was just murdering people.

Book him like that WWE, you knobs.

I'm sorry, the cena template very clearly states he has to sell a lot and then make a big comeback at the end to win, then maybe crack a joke or two

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

You mean the Michael Cole cage.

how could i forget the michael cole cage

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

oatgan posted:

i'm gonna boo triple h
The rear end Kicker is cool and his entrance deserves cheers.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So you're agreeing with me?

yes

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

I'm sorry, the cena template very clearly states he has to sell a lot and then make a big comeback at the end to win, then maybe crack a joke or two

But see that's the thing. Austin sold a lot and made big comebacks. So did Rock. That match was actually perfect. The problem is him cutting lengthy promos and jokey jokes.

Just making sure. :)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

The crowd would be super hot into anyone murdering HHH.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
e: that was a lot of posts I agree that the crowd doesn't owe them poo poo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hammerstein posted:

Really ?

What I saw today were two good athletes risking nasty injuries with all these ladder and table spots, to keep me entertained. And it was obvious that they knew they had to pull out all stops from the beginning to win over the audience. And I applaud them for it, the lovely booking of the past is not their fault.

what i and a lot of other people saw saw was a really loving boring match and most people don't give a single solitary poo poo about "risks" or what they're attempting to do. we want to be entertained,. they failed to do this.

i repeat: the crowd doesn't owe them poo poo. in fact, it is actually the other way around.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

also i'd like to say good on Roman. It was a decent match, and by the end even i was ready to say "eh, if he was going to be champion, i'm glad it's this way" and then he killed everyone.

thank you Roman, you were dare I say entertaining this evening

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

Not true. You would just complain to guest services until they gave you better seats and then you'd shut your mouth cause live wrestling is sick no matter what.

Guest Services never gave me poo poo because they don't exist in flea market indies. :smith:

And there's a difference between swallowing poo poo and appreciating workrate and proper in match storytelling. Also what Hammerstein said.

Oh Snapple! posted:

what i and a lot of other people saw saw was a really loving boring match and most people don't give a single solitary poo poo about "risks" or what they're attempting to do. we want to be entertained,. they failed to do this.

i repeat: the crowd doesn't owe them poo poo. in fact, it is actually the other way around.

Is this ironically dumb or shoot dumb? I can't tell.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
No one here is saying the crowd should have obeyed the WWE Overlords and cheered at every correct moment, what people are saying is it's pretty loving lame to be dead silent while two dude beat the dog poo poo out of each other in an okay match. It's neither dude's fault the match wasn't amazing and the end was a garbage fart. I'm not saying they HAVE to cheer, it just seems kinda lovely to me to personally to be honest.

It's also weird because if you go back to that Post Mania RAW GDT from like 3 years ago when the crowd basically poo poo all over Sheamus/Orton the thread had more than a few people going "THIS CROWD IS AWFUL ~huffs and puffs~ TRYING TO GET THEMSELVES OVER"

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I certainly enjoy the fact that we're currently laughing at the reports of Roman's overness that we received from our own eyes and ears

• Locked thread