Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dank glitterqueef
Nov 6, 2005

Hiroko ambles up along with the others. Holding up her phone, she winks at Sparkle, knowing this should only further mystify and frustrate her. Yu-chan flutters around listlessly behind Hiroko's head, resuming his quiet beeping.

dank glitterqueef fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hah, their VIP is cute as always. "Always a charmer, eh, Maria?" Artemis says back at her with a smile. Though the smile soon fades as Commander Jackson, looking tense, gives a potential warning. Even if it's just a bad feeling, there's no way the ex-STAB operative will take that lightly. Luckily, she doesn't need much time to prepare - who needs guns or armour when you have an External Soul to make you a one-woman army?

Still, it can't help to ask for some details. "If something does go wrong, sir, what kind of trouble might we expect down there?"

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Jackson does a shadow uppercut. "Probably some kind of foot ambush. We've already made it this far, so I doubt we'll be facing too many mechanized units if anything happens. That doesn't mean much here though. If not that, then probably something that's not as it seems. This isn't an area that has a lot of open gangs and the like. Also, if STAB wanted to do something, they probably would have already."

Jackson relaxes for a moment to catch his breath. "You were thinking the same thing right? Trained by STAB and all."

Kylra fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 15, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

"Correct. Standard Operating Procedure for STAB would have been to disable this ship's engines; depressurize the ship before we reached orbit, and send a recovery team to stabilize and capture any VIPs before they died of exposure. We... they are very efficient, plans for every contingency. Good thing we're not fighting them anytime soon, eh?"

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy
Sparkle

Sparkle turns to Jackson. "You said that this job would give you that tiny bit left you needed to retire, right sir? Where does a soldier go after a life like this?"

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

"I don't know. Maybe I'll find a nice farm somewhere. Ride into the sunset you know? Leave the company to young'uns like you. Gotta make sure things a bit more in order first though, so I just gotta make it through this one last mission."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

"Uhm... everything is alright, yes?"

To be honest, I'm not sure I like all this tension...

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

"Well, time to get a move on." He puts a hand to his ear. "Featherstep, you read me? Good. We're heading out now."

You all take a shuttle to what looks like some high rise apartments ringed by a lark park area towards the center of the section. You step into the teleportation circle and Jackson punches in the runes to your destination. You feel a shifting in the ground beneath you, then you're on a balcony 7 floors up. It looks like this apartment takes up the entire floor. This couldn't have been cheap. Jackson rings the doorbell, and it is answered by a man in fancy but ill-fitting robes.

"Oh, we've been expecting you. Thank you so much for making sure our niece got here safely." He steps backward and waves you in while calling inside "Honey, we have company!"

Maria you can immediately tell something is wrong and that they don't have nearly as much good will in mind for you as they seem. In fact, they feel downright malicious, intend you specifically harm, and don't consider you any kind of friend.

Sparkle something about this bothers you, but you don't know what.

Artemis you barely catch a glimpse that he has some kind of weapon, probably a melee one, attached to his back. That's probably why he stepped backward into the house instead of to the side to let you pass as easily. You can tell that this man has some training in hiding his weapons too. Maybe this is just what he carries around the house though.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 15, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Uhm... Not my family. They not who we looking for. Can tell." I whisper to Rikkert.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Rikkert

Rikkert's eyes narrow at Maria's warning and he looks around, trying to assess the situation tactically. Looking for weapons, would-be combatants, and other potential threats.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

With my would be guards distracted, let's delve into these guys' mind and see what they're really up to...

Deep Thoughts Scan: 6d6 15 [6d6=4, 1, 1, 4, 4, 1]

Targeting the strange people, and my intend is finding out who they're working for and what they want with me. Attempting to hide my gestures behind my 'teammates'.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 15, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Yes, maybe it's common for people on this world to carry weapons everywhere... but why conceal them? Why not explain the custom to offworlders instead of risking a twitchy merc getting trigger happy? Something doesn't add up here.

Shifting forward to cover Maria, Artemis looks subtly to left and right for possible EVAC and cover, just in case...

http://orokos.com/roll/352309 13, 4d6 = 2, 3, 2, 6
http://orokos.com/roll/352321 2, 5

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 15, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Maria, the man looks puzzled for a moment. He's working for some kind of secret organization. A powerful one with much covert support from what you can sort through, but other than that they really don't like magic users for some reason, you don't know enough to piece together exactly what their name is or who they are from his thoughts. It's certainly not an organization you have heard of though. You feel an image of...hands cupping fire when you go digging for it. They want to capture and dissect you in order to...

And then it snaps off. He is onto what is happening and is alerted now, but he doesn't know who did it. You can feel anger boiling in him now though.

Artemis, the balcony you are on is not the safest place to be. If any of you or them fell and couldn't fly, it would cause terrible harm. But, they're the ones prepared for the ambush. The inside of the apartment would be a "safer" place for combat even if it's a little cramped and there's likely more than two enemies in there, or use the teleporter to get back on the ground.

Rikkert roll intuitive

Everyone else, you have a chance to do one thing before stuff is probably gonna get real.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 15, 2015

dank glitterqueef
Nov 6, 2005

Hiroko senses the tension amongst her workmates and feels her muscles stiffening in response. She clutches her phone a little tighter at her side but shows no outward reaction to the body language she's observed just yet, hanging at the back of the group. Her eyes are still hidden by her shades but she's watching everyone and waiting. Yu-chan remains behind her, oddly quiet for the moment.

dank glitterqueef fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 16, 2015

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Sparkle

She could tell from her teammate's actions that things were about to get ugly. She flipped a switch on her control panel, and her mech made a high pitch hum as its laser system charged. She smiled. It was time to show these people just how "cute" she was.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Roll some initiative!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Initiative: 2d6 4 [2d6=1, 3]

Welp, good thing I have all these people between them and me.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 15, 2015

dank glitterqueef
Nov 6, 2005

first initiative: 2d6 [2d6=5, 1]

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Rikkert

Initiative: 2d6: 6 [2d6=1, 5]

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Initiative: 4d6 3, 6, 1, 1

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Surprise round! Rikkert, Sparkle and fake uncle are included. Everyone not acting this round has -1 to rolls.

The man pretending to be Maria's uncle takes out a shimmering short sword from behind his back. A Vibroblade just out of phase with normal macrophysical laws which gives it increased power to cut through armor and even flesh. It's a technological marvel. He charges forward aided by what looks like repulsor boots straight into Jackson, taking him by surprise, off the ledge and down towards the ground. Jackson manages to stay gripped to the assailant, but they are still headed toward the ground.

Another man with a rocket launcher is further back in the room, but he looks a bit unprepared for the fight as of yet. You can all hear the sounds of a few more ratcheting up guns and other equipment.

Attack With Vibroblade [5d6=4, 1, 4, 6, 2] = 8
Jackson evasive defense [3d6=6, 4, 5] = 6 (forgot the -1, but it's still a 6 regardless)

DX 1 + 1 strong + 1 short vibroblade + 2 power charge = DX 5

10 damage to Jackson

quote:

Short Vibroblade (standard)
0 End
Accurate +5, Effective +5, Armor piercing +5, weapon -5, feather blow -5, unique flaw (-2 DX vs magic barrier defense) -5

quote:

Thundershock Single-Shot RPG (standard)
0 End
Area Effect +20, Effective +10, Stunning +10, Low Penetration -10, Elaborate Gestures -5, Ammunition -15, Inaccurate -5, Unwieldy -5

And yes, you are all currently bunched up enough for the RPG to hit all of you right now. Except Jackson.

Still up in surprise round: Sparkle and Rikkert. You two can post whenever.

Initiative:
10 Fake Uncle 20/20 25/30
8 Grenadier 20/20 20/20
6 ??? Soldier? 1 20/20 20/20
6 ??? Soldier? 2 20/20 20/20
6 Jackson 10/20 20/20
6 Sparkle
5 Rikkert
5 Hiroko
4 Artemis
3 Maria
2 (4) ??? Soldier? 3 20/20 20/20

Last soldier rolled a 4, but for posting expediency going to call it a 2 for now.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 15, 2015

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Sparkle

"poo poo!" For a brief instant, Sparkle considers running after Jackson, but there isn't much she can do about that in a mech. Besides, her mission was to protect Maria, and the guy with the bazooka was the biggest threat to her right now. She needs to take him down now. Sparkle charges in and slashes at him with her beam saber.

Beam Saber: 5d6 8

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Rikkert

Before Rikkert could properly assess the situation, violence had erupted. Rikkert mentally curses himself for hesitating, but springs into action. He grabs Maria and dives to the ground, sprawling to cover the VIP even as he fires wildly in the direction of the would-be assailants with the machine gun.

I should have figured, Orokos is blocked at work. I don't suppose someone wants to roll for me?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Rikkert's attack roll:
[7d6=5, 1, 3, 1, 6, 4, 6] 12

Defense rolls:
[4d6=6, 2, 5] 6 vs beam saber
[3d6=4, 4] 8 vs machine gun

Rikkert does 4x2=8 damage. Sparkle does 2x4 = 8.

Rikkert and Sparkle attempt to tag team the man with the RPG to take him down before any great harm is done. The man quickly leaps backward to avoid the worst of the gunfire and the saber's slash. They inflict some greivous injuries but do not manage to take him down in time. The rocket fires!

[4d6=2, 3, 6, 6] = 12

Rikkert manages to push everyone else down just in time before the concussive force knocks him off the balcony entirely, leaving him stunned, taking 9 damage, and in a freefall. He will hit the ground next turn if not stopped. Everyone else that was on the balcony take a +1 bonus to your defense roll and calculate damage with your turn. DX is 3. If you take more than 1/4 of your health in damage, you are also stunned and lose your turn this round.

Inside, Sparkle sees another three soldiers with machine guns surrounded by the faint glimmer of a shield generator. Two of them are already aiming at her. The third is still cocking and loading her gun.

[3d6=6, 6, 2] 12
[3d6=6, 1, 1] 6

Sparkle, roll your defense against each attack and calculate damage. DX is 3.

Outside in midair, Jackson still struggles with the fake uncle.

[5d6=4, 2, 6, 1, 3] Uncle's attack 6
[3d6=4, 2, 6] Jackson's defense 6
[5d6=3, 3, 2, 2, 1] Jackson's attack 6
[4d6=6, 4, 6, 3] Uncle's defense 12

The "Uncle" attempts to swipe at Jackson again, but the close quarters and Jackson's strong grip make it difficult to move. The air around Jackson shimmers and a shadow clone of himself appears in an attempt to engage the "Uncle", but the Uncle's the one in control of the flight right now and easily manages to not expose any openings.

You are all up! Roll your defense, calculate your damage, and do a thing if you aren't stunned! Make your posts whenever you want since you're all in the same initiative block for now.

Per request, the people up for posting are underlined.

Initiative:
10 Fake Uncle 20/20 25/30
8 Grenadier 4/20 20/20 -1 defense
6 ??? Soldier? 1 20/20 20/20
6 ??? Soldier? 2 20/20 20/20
6 Jackson 10/20 20/20
6 Sparkle
5 Rikkert
5 Hiroko
4 Artemis
3 Maria

Kylra fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 15, 2015

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Sparkle

Dodge 1: 6d6 6 (-1 DX for armor, so 12 damage)

Dodge 2: 6d6 12 (miss)

Sparkle realized that she got herself too caught up with her one opponent as she felt some blows on the side of her mech. She quickly dashed to the side and managed to avoid fire from another attacker. She quickly assessed the situation. Bazookaman was still the greatest threat to the group, and she had a bad feeling about the one who hadn't yet fired. Even if she couldn't take them down with her next hit, she could at least keep them occupied.

Laser Barrage: 5d6 12

Health: 38
Endurance: 30
Missile Ammo: 5

Gao fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 15, 2015

dank glitterqueef
Nov 6, 2005

defense roll: 4d6 14 [4d6=1, 6, 4, 3] (rocket does 18 damage)

Hiroko has taken a hit and is stunned. Clutching her phone and gritting her teeth, she is struggling to get her head to clear so that she too can jump into the fray.

Health: 22/40
Endurance: 40/40

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Health: 40/40 Endurance: 30/40

Defence Roll: http://orokos.com/roll/352363 = 12

Gripping her external soul, Artemis throws up a cyan-blue barrier, a wall to protect herself from the detonation of the rocket. Gritting her teeth, she considers retaliating, but no - have to save Rikkert! "Hold on! I'll get Rikkert and be right back!" she calls to the others, but she can leave a parting gift to keep the attackers in the room busy. Bringing both arms up, she lets power surge through them, and a blue orb appears between her hands, rotating faster and faster as its colour slowly brightens. Bringing both arms down, fists clenched like a hammer blow, she sends the orb into the room, where it detonates!

Attack Roll: http://orokos.com/roll/352373 (Ignore final number, I rolled before I knew about penalties, and it doesn't effect the rest of the roll) 8. Dx is 4

That done, she dives past the railing, heading for Rikkert! Come on, come on... she can catch him, right?

http://orokos.com/roll/352374 6

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 15, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Health 40/40
Endurance 45/70

Init 3

I reel on the ground from the sudden tackle of ... did he ever tell me his name? That guard. Anyway, he just tackled me on the ground and then the explosion hit and... oh god where is the balcony railing, and more importantly, that guy? Jesus Christ, this is insane. They want to dissect me? Jeez. But what do they want from me? Do they know? Crap, I really need to inform Cecile of this... Holy poo poo I am so glad I managed to negate the force of the blast. Otherwise I could have in free fall as well! I mean, I can hover but...

poo poo, what do I do what do I do... I want to help them, no, I need to help them. But then I'll have to reveal part of my powers and... poo poo, she just dived after her teammate. I can't just let these people die, they're fighting for me! I can't let them risk their lives for me and not do anything!...

... It feels so nice to be important...

Screw it. Jumping on my feet, I let the power soar through my arms and extend. Into the wall. drat these assholes, if they want a battle they can bloody well have one!

With a loud, omnious rumbling, I telekinetically rip a huge chunk of the wall out and launch it directly at the 2 soldiers not directly entangled with any of my bodyguards.

... and immediately fall back onto the ground from the recoil. I forgot how hard it is to control telekinesis on this scale. Damnit!

drat, my head hurts... Too much power at once, too much...

quote:

Megakinesis [25]
Don't make Maria angry if you don't want your house thrown at you. It's as simple as that.
[Ranged +0, Barrier Buster +5, Overwhelming +15, Redirectable +5, Strike Through +5, Area of Effect +10, Effective 4 +20, Endurance Cost: Telekinesis +5, Open to Attack -25, Inaccurate 2 -10, Low Penetration 1 -5]
Attack: 4 / DX: 8

Megakinesis: 4d6 10 [4d6=3, 3, 1, 3]

Barrier: 5d6 22 [5d6=1, 6, 4, 5, 6] +1D from Rikkert (forgot to add but don't take any damage anyway)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 16, 2015

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Sparkle
Health: 38/50
Endurance: 30/50
Missile Ammo: 5/5

Friendly Fire Defense Roll: 5d6 5d6=5, 3, 3, 6, 3

Sparkle leaps out of the way of the explosion, looking totally awesome in the process.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Defense against laser barrage 12 DX 4
Grenadier [3d6=4, 3] 4, 24 damage (forgot the -1 defense from unwieldy in case someone looks up the roll)
Soldier #3 [3d6=6, 6, 2] 12, no damage

Starfall 8 DX 4
Grenadier [2d6=5, 5] 10
Soldier #1 [2d6=4, 4] 8
Soldier #2 [2d6=3, 1] 3, 12 damage

Defense Against Megakinesis 9 DX 8
Soldier #1 [2d6=5, 1] 5, 32 damage
Soldier #2 [2d6=1, 4] 4, 40 damage

Suddenly, the room is lit up by a giant miniature lazer rave, a ball of blue energy, and a wall being torn from its supports. One of the soldiers dives out of the way, but the other two are not so lucky. They're worse for wear from being superheated with lasers and magical plasma, before the wall crushes them. At the end of this exhibition of overwhelming prowess, a sound like a pair of small fireballs can be heard. One under the rubble under the wall, the other at the grenadier as his body seemingly burns itself away into ash.

The two remaining soldiers fire randomly and ineffectively in a panic after this onslaught.

The "Uncle" continues to struggle with Jackson stabbing wildly to try to get him off.

[5d6=4, 6, 6, 4, 5] 12 DX 5
[3d6=2, 4, 4] 8, 20 damage

Jackson takes a serious blow and is stunned. He loses his grip on his opponent, and begins to fall after the blood dripping from his body, his clone trailing behind him. He will land on his next turn.

10 Fake Uncle 20/20 25/30 -2 defense until next turn, needs flight or ranged to attack
6 ??? Soldier? 1 0/20 8/20 -2 all rolls
6 Jackson 0/20 10/20 -1 all rolls
6 Sparkle
5 Rikkert
5 Hiroko
4 Artemis
3 Maria

Kylra fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 16, 2015

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Sparkle

Health: 38/50
Endurance: 10/50
Missile Ammo: 4/5

Sparkle decides that it's time to finish off these two soldiers and unleashes a missile in their direction.

Missile attack: 5d6 1, 2, 3, 6, 6, so 12 with a DX of 6, stunning.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Rikkert

Rikkert grits his teeth and grunts as his descent is suddenly halted by Artemis. He regains his bearings and begins firing his pistol manicly at "The Uncle."

"Goddamnit! Get Jackson!" he shouts to Artemis. "There's no loving time!"

Pistol Shot Attack against "The Uncle": 20 DX 2

dank glitterqueef
Nov 6, 2005

Hiroko finally recovers from the initial hit she took, jumping into action. Holding her cell phone into the air, it occurs to her just before she calls out her transformation phrase that she's barely done anything yet but she's already ready to have it be over with. She grits her teeth before yelling, "Galactic Shimmer Engage!"

In an uncharacteristically bright flash of colors, Hiroko's brown hair grows very, very long--and bright pink. Her outfit is engulfed in sparkles, and when they dissipate, her uniform is revealed: a saturated mess of pink, purple, and blue with endless frills, hearts, and ribbons. If not for the bags under her blue eyes, she suddenly looks like she could be a young girl bedecked in ruffles, stockings, and an extremely large bow holding her ponytail in place. In one last glittering flash, her cell phone changes into a headset with a microphone. "Bet you didn't count on me having Bluetooth," she says sarcastically, striking a pose.

She rushes into the room and comes to a stop alongside Sparkle to address the final enemy. "Listen up, I'm the Pretty Space Valkyrie Hiroko, and I'll only tell you my motto once. Living means an endless struggle to be yourself in spite of everyone's expectations. As for me, I'm a grumpy rear end bitch." She hasn't had to give her speech in a while, but she doesn't trip over her words once.

Hiroko summons a handful of blue static electricity, readying to throw it like a spear. "Take this! Beautiful Data Supernova!" She launches it at the final foe, putting in a little extra oomph to get the job done.

quote:

Beautiful Data Supernova
Effective +2 (10)
10 Endurance
DX 4

attack to finish the last one off: 5d6 12 [5d6=2, 6, 4, 5, 6]

Health: 32/50
Endurance: 30/40

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
Sparkle

Sparkle manages to pick up her mech enough to take a look at what's going on. "Where'd that total badass come from!?" she thinks to herself.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

With the missile barrage, Soldier #2 explodes under the rubble, and when Hiroko comes in to blast the last one, the shimmer stream of databits manages to finish her off. And she then, also, unceremoniously explodes and dissolves in a fire. For some reason.

[2d6=6, 6] 12, 16 damage

The fake uncle attempts to dodge Rikkert's fire, but Rikkert's aim is true. The bullets plow into the fake uncle's shoulder, causing him to disorientingly spin a few times in midair.

Maria and Artemis are left to go for now. Note that Jackson is still falling and also near death!

10 Fake Uncle 4/20 25/30 -2 defense until next turn, needs flight or ranged to attack, stunned
6 Jackson 0/20 10/20 -1 all rolls
6 Sparkle
5 Rikkert
5 Hiroko
4 Artemis
3 Maria

Kylra fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 16, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Health: 40/40 Endurance: 30/40

She starts to argue, but the situation seems controlled up here for now, so fine, she'll focus on getting Jackson. "You're welcome!" she says to Rikkert before diving off the building again to go after Jackson this time!

http://orokos.com/roll/352524 6

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Health 40/40
Endurance 45/70

Init 3

Woah. That was a mess of laser fire, explosions and rubble. I'd probably think this was cool if I wasn't in the middle of this and also their prime target...

Wait a minute, am I seeing things? Who is this explosion of color? Where did they come from... Ugh, I must be seeing things!

Oh yeah, people are falling off... i should probably try to help....

I crawl to the edge of the balcony and take a look.

Oh that doesnt look good at all... The commander seems out of it and is... is that blood? Crap, he doesn't look good. ... If i create a forcefield around his body...

Hang in there, Mister Commander!

Spending my turn to give Jackson a Barrier.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 16, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Artemis having caught Jackson, the fake uncle doesn't look happy at all. He fiddles with something on his wristband then comes screaming down on top of Jackson and Artemis. Something doesn't seem quite right and waves of heat shimmer around him.

Suicide Charge [4d6=4, 2, 6, 6] 12 DX 8

He barrels down on top of the pair, his vibroblade held out like his body was a spear. Maria barely gets her barrier up in time before contact when there is a giant explosion. The park outside is scorched flat. The benches are blasted off their hinges, trees are bent away from the explosion, and there is a hazy smoke-filled crater waiting to reveal whether anyone survived the blast.

Maria roll your barrier defense at -3. I'll say it manages to cover both Artemis and Jackson if desired this time, and you only take the damage once.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Health 40/40
Endurance 0/70

Wait what is he doing oh crap oh crap oh crap!

Come on you can do this Maria... You can save them. Gaaaaah. Screw you, headache, I don't have time for you right now!

The very air around me begins to ripple as I pour as much energy as I can into the barrier on the two. Hopefully, it'll be enough...

uhhhh I feel woozy....

Spending 45 Endurance to lower the total damage to 3.

Barrier on Jackson: 2d6 10 [2d6=4, 6]

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Artemis and Jackson look up to see this crazy person charging down at them. In a moment a shimmer barrier forms around them then a great explosion of fire. The barrier holds for a moment then shatters. Fortunately by then most of the damage was avoided.

Since you couldn't move anywhere under the barrier and there's not really a rule per raw for this kind of circumstance, just take the remaining 3 damage this time.

As the smoke clears, Artemis is still carrying Jackson. He sputters and coughs up some blood, "Just leave me." And then he passes out. There is no sign of the fake uncle.

Combat is now over. There are 4 piles of ash and warped scrap metal, and this is certain to have attracted the notice of the local authorities at least. There are some onlookers gawking in amazement that something like this could happen here. You still have your shuttle intact, and the teleportation "elevator" still works for anyone that wants to get down.

Maria, there does not seem to be anyone else alive in the apartment on that floor, as far as you can tell.

What are you all going to do?

Kylra fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 16, 2015

• Locked thread