Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Hillary.

I like Bernie, but this is his biggest issue in a nutshell:

You don't just get to say "I don't want to talk about ISIS today" when you're running to be president of the the United States, it doesn't work like that. ISIL is admittedly kinda overblown as an issue, but it's still a very valid issue that Bernie has to be prepared to talk about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Immortan posted:

Berntard terminology 101.

come on Joe, you had a pretty firm grasp of the English language in the movie

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

Hillary Clinton will be President, and hopefully she spends 8 years wiping the floor with the Republican opposition, exposing them as frauds who fail to actually govern.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

SANDERS 2016

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fade5 posted:

Hillary.

I like Bernie, but this is his biggest issue in a nutshell:

You don't just get to say "I don't want to talk about ISIS today" when you're running to be president of the the United States, it doesn't work like that. ISIL is admittedly kinda overblown as an issue, but it's still a very valid issue that Bernie has to be prepared to talk about.

he's talked about it before? that reporter was asking an off topic question about isis during a press conference about climate change?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

maker posted:

he's talked about it before? that reporter was asking an off topic question about isis during a press conference about climate change?

and then his press secretary whined about it? and then you defended them? are these rhetorical questions? if there werent question marks these would just be normal sentences?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Questions are sentences too.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

but they're abnormal sentences

?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I already perma'd for Hillary. It's Hillary.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Guy all the liberals are still in denial about is going to win.

Trump has more of a lead over his closest rival than Clinton does over hers, and she's a lock for the nomination. Sanders has no foreign policy whatsoever which is like half the job so he isn't president material and wouldn't get the votes even with the nomination. At the same time loads of Sanders supporters won't vote for Clinton, and she is an establishment candidate so will lose against Trump.

Democrats best chance is for Clinton to promise for Sanders to be in a very prominent position in her government.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Nolgthorn posted:

Trump has more of a lead over his closest rival than Clinton does over hers, and she's a lock for the nomination. Sanders has no foreign policy whatsoever which is like half the job so he isn't president material and wouldn't get the votes even with the nomination. At the same time loads of Sanders supporters won't vote for Clinton, and she is an establishment candidate so will lose against Trump.

Democrats best chance is for Clinton to promise for Sanders to be in a very prominent position in her government.

The straight up truth is that Trump will have to change himself dramatically to win the general. I'm not saying he can't do it, but he'll have to make a big pivot and make it look like it's on his terms. His current rhetoric and substance won't cut it, most of America still hates it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Vile pilot

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Zas posted:

The straight up truth is that Trump will have to change himself dramatically to win the general. I'm not saying he can't do it, but he'll have to make a big pivot and make it look like it's on his terms. His current rhetoric and substance won't cut it, most of America still hates it.

He is an ideological candidate, so that is resonating with a lot of voters. Most Americans don't vote, but he has captured the attention of people who participate in politics, so the ones that matter. The crazy things he is saying are exaggerations nobody really expects him to be able to deport all illegal immigrants. But the sentiment is what people like. Generally he comes out with something headline grabbing and then reforms his position later, but the softer touch is barely ever reported.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Probably trump

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

True, this is p much the only thing that'd get Clinton my vote in the general.

That said I think the dem primary is a tossup atm

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

The Saurus posted:

someone's never heard of the horseshoe theory

:toxx: Jeb Bush will not become President of the United States of America

I don't think Trump's far-right enough or Bernie far-left enough for horseshoe theory to apply.

Homework Explainer posted:

horseshoe theory is trash writing for dummies

Well, of course a literal communist thinks that.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
On border control I thought Trump and Bern were pretty much united in preventing illegal immigration?

They differ over how to deal with the illegals already here but I think they want to stop people coming in

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

maker posted:

What are you actually asking here?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Hillary.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

trump2016

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jewel Repetition posted:

Well, of course a literal communist thinks that.

horseshoe theory has zero understanding of class relationships, so yeah, it kind of flies in the face of communist ideology. class pretty obviously exists though so it shouldn't be accepted by anyone with a passing familiarity of how the world works

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Trump probably. Sucks, but here we are.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm under the impression that Bernie is the stallion that mounts the world.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm under the impression that Bernie is the stallion that mounts the world.

Stillborn?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

horseshoe theory has zero understanding of class relationships, so yeah, it kind of flies in the face of communist ideology. class pretty obviously exists though so it shouldn't be accepted by anyone with a passing familiarity of how the world works

In what way does horseshoe theory deny the existence of class?

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

horseshoe theory has zero understanding of class relationships, so yeah, it kind of flies in the face of communist ideology.

Oh well in that case it must be total bullshit.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Hillary is going to destroy trump in the general.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Let's stop the redundant discussion about who's going to win and talk about horseshoe theory instead. My personal explanation for it is that far-right and far-left societies are so distasteful to the modern person that totalitarian measures become necessary to preserve them, and it's those measures that are so similar.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the complexities of horseshoe theory are beyond me

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Horseshoe theory is dumb because politics is not a line.

e The horseshoe theory is like a political epicycle.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN has issued a correction as of 13:09 on Dec 19, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

7c Nickel posted:

Stillborn?

This only works if his mom spends a whole chapter with diarrhea.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I wonder if rich horses make fun of the shoes of poor horses.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hilly will win.

And then Trump is going to perform a hostile takeover of White House Corp and fire Hillary.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Zas posted:

Trump will not win in the general because its gonna be hard to do that when my coworkers pump his torso full of hot brass when he stumps in texas.

Hillary will win and it'll be another 4-8 years of the US quietly slouching down so as not to attract attention to how we're not the most evil empire in the world, but unquestionably the most embarrassing.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Why do your coworkers want to stump trump

i bet he wears a bulletproof suit anyway

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

zeal posted:

you're kidding yourself if you think trump won't take this thing all the way to the white house

Some people just can't come to grips with reality.

I for one am ready for President Donald J. Trump

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Zas posted:

The straight up truth is that Trump will have to change himself dramatically to win the general.

Kind of like how he had to dramatically change himself to win the GOP primary???

This guy is running circles around the media and the GOP establishment and the Bush dynasty.

LOL at the idiots that think Hillary Clinton is going to withstand him. This is the same Hillary Clinton that was on the losing end of the 2008 Trump vs. Bush-esque battle.

Trump is crashing Bush's coronation the way Obama crashed Clintons. Face it, Hillary is a LOSER. She was HANDED a Senate seat because of who she married ( a guy with ZERO respect for her BTW), then handed the Democratic nomination on a silver platter like JEB!, and like JEB! promptly poo poo the bed and blew it, and then out of pity for her broke-rear end political career handed a position as Secretary of State, in which she promptly, publicly, and repeatedly poo poo the bed.

But she's the one who will somehow stump Trump. Yeah, right. LOL.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Trump or Shillary.

E: Trump will clown on Hilldawg in either case, but she might have enough guaranteed votes to win anyway.

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 15:39 on Dec 20, 2015

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

She'll start bleeding from her nose, and then it's over.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Saurus posted:

On border control I thought Trump and Bern were pretty much united in preventing illegal immigration?

They differ over how to deal with the illegals already here but I think they want to stop people coming in

Everyone is united on preventing illegal immigration, there isn't a D or R candidate out there saying "sure, who needs borders anyway?". The differences, other than dealing with those already here, are the levels of spending and force they are willing to bring to the Mexican border.

e: Pretty sure Sanders isn't calling for a yooge wall and gunning down everyone in sight.

AreWeDrunkYet has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boosted_C5 posted:

Some people just can't come to grips with reality.

I for one am ready for President Donald J. Trump

are you ready to tell your neighbors yet

• Locked thread