Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
horseshoe theory always made intuitive sense to me, given the far left and far right (relative for every country) tend to both be the pissed off, disaffected types, who feel like their needs aren't being served by politicians, state institutions, and the private sector (collectively the establishment). And while their policy positions tend to have some extreme differences, both sides are only successful when they're able to tap into that extreme anger to bring in people who may actually be politically moderate, but are very pissed off

ie, many trump supporters would be bernie supporters and vice-versa if they had different friends or listened to a different radio station, because while they may not understand what's wrong with the country, both sides are providing convenient boogeymen for why their lives aren't getting better (muslims/mexicans vs wall st)

this really isnt meant to be an insult either side. obviously lots of bern and trump supporters have very deep understanding of their positions and strong ideological convictions. it's more about popular support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

enraged_camel posted:

The right hates her because she's better at sucking up to Congress's Wall Street overlords than any other Democrat, which makes her legitimately dangerous, politically speaking.

see this reads to me like 'obama sucks up to his muslim overlords better than any other Democrat'

As far as I know, she's always wanted to raise taxes and she's always been in support of dodd frank, only criticizing it in the past for hurting small banks. Is it just that she's taken a ton of money from them, or are there policy positions she supports that don't go far enough?

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

thanks, this is in line with what I thought. it's more 'follow the money' than anything she's said or her policy positions

• Locked thread