Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

zeal posted:

you're kidding yourself if you think trump won't take this thing all the way to the white house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

point of return posted:

The main modern incarnation of horseshoe theory is that both far-leftists (like Jill Stein and George Galloway) and far-rightists (like Le Pen and even Trump) have both decided that Vladimir Putin and Russian imperialism are cool and good. Bernie thankfully isn't saying any poo poo like that.

Why do so many people on the far-left have hardons for dictators? I mean I don't need an explanation for why the far-right likes them but it can be baffling in the case of some of the leftists because they're cheering on people who go against everything they stand for just because they too are willing to poo poo on "the west."

Galloway for example, he's been a supporter of LGBT rights for a long time but he goes to bat defending Iran's execution of gays of all things. He claims that they really don't do it and that all of those men who have been executed are really pedophiles. That's probably the most extreme example I can think of but I've seen other cases of leftists defending the indefensible for God knows what reason.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 19:44 on Dec 21, 2015

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Here's one area where Joementum is right, it's pretty dumb at this point to say that there's "no chance" that either the Republican or Democratic candidate can or cannot win the election. The Republican nomination isn't even decided yet and there's still almost a year ahead of us. To think that you can predict the outcome of the general with any certainty at this point is being hilariously overconfident in your abilities.

I happen to think that the Democrats have a major structural advantage and that the Republicans very well might nominate Trump or Cruz. If there are no significant world events like a recession or a major terrorist attack I think Hillary has a big upper hand, but on the other hand one of those things could happen and totally shake up the race. It's too early at this point to be very certain.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 01:05 on Dec 23, 2015

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

JEB!

• Locked thread