Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Just want to let the thread know that 'dines with hot sauce does not go well with gin and tonic on a hot day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Eating dines in the summer sun

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Gunna eat some sweet deenz when i get home hell yeah

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

bengy81 posted:

Smoked a bunch of trout today. Had some issues with temperature because of high winds, but they turned out great.

Has anybody tried the KO mackerel fillets, or know where to find them?

None of my local stores have any, interested in trying them. Any taste/texture comparisons?

KO mackerel rules school. All the local groceries have them near me though.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Keith Atherton posted:

Eels are super tasty

Ftfy

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I'm gonna keep reading and sometimes posting in this thread despite the wishes of my internet pal sheep goats

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Snowmankilla posted:

What happened to sheep goats?

The borscht drove him to madness

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I'm thinking about those 'dines

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Roki B posted:

loving weird.

For the first time in my life for no discernable reason I bought sardines in a can in oil and scarfed that poo poo down. Loved it.

Then I come to GBS of all places and what the poo poo is a thread about loving sardines doing here.

Also we're all Oregoons too apparently. Jesus loving christ they put something in the goddamn water and its turning the us and sardines all gay.

Come join the Oregoons thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032517

I'm not from Oregon but I love sardines with all my heart so I'll join the thread

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Please tell us about dine offerings in Australia. Is King Oscar available?

I would have already wandered into the red centre to seek death if king Oscar was unavailable here.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

So ASIDE from the universally-appreciated King Oscars, what other brands do you all consider your favorites, and/or "the best"?

Fresh out the ocean

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I'm smashing down some of the kings finest on Aldi branded vita wheats with some of the special sauce from the Japanese place down the road(I'm pretty sure its just sriracha and kewpie mixed together but it rules)

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Just came back from a trip to the International Food Club (more of a warehouse than a club), where I picked up these sprats and 'dines. I hope these are the Riga sprats that everyone has spoken so highly of. The Jadran 'dines are from Spain, so I figured they would be worth a try too.

I'm jealous

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I only buy sardines in tomato sauce when I want to make this recipe I got from the first sardine thread

https://www.asianinamericamag.com/2012/11/sardines-spinach-and-tomatoes-soup-sabo-tacsyapu-na/

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Fo3 posted:

I wanna make that. When looking up sardine recipes the greatest results were from Sicily, Portugal and the Philippines. You'd think there would be some recipes from the baltic sea area, but they just eat them on bread or with potato. You'd think there would be more recipes from the med too...

Top 5 fave meals. Cheap easy and delicious.

Roki B posted:

Man ask for more than perfect fish on bread is greedy man. Shame.

Only Sardine God can judge me.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Fo3 posted:

Do you really follow the recipe and use that much stock, as well as fresh spinach and serve with a bowl of rice?
Also I'm tempted to use less stock if serving with rice as I don't see the point of a lot of soup/stock when the rice can't absorb it well. Maybe I would use that much stock only if serving with bread. It's just my instincts, but tell me if you follow that recipe verbatim and it's good.

Yeah. The fresh spinach really makes it. Just plop a handful in just before serving. Rice is a good side dish but it's also really good with fresh crusty bread at the bottom of the bowl a la Italian fish soups.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

BaconCopter posted:

I'm fixing to cook up something mighty dineful and eggy. Not exactly sure how I'm going to tackle this, but I will definitely inform the thread, DO NOT WORRY.

I'd be down for some input as well.

Make meringues and serve with 'dines.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

BaconCopter posted:

:captainpop:

:barf:

Ok, let me add that it should be savory and palatable.

Meringues are very palatable. Dines are savory. What the beef here?

The combination also has a veeeeeery interesting mouthfeel

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Is there a sardine thread on skullmund?

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Just eat it with your bare hands. loving landlubbers

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

That's not sardines

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Someone in the part of America that has all the squid please mail me some squid

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

naem posted:

How do you know which parts to eat

Its all good, baby. Even the beaks

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Have Blue posted:

Long live spratchat! Gonna have some of these bad boys for a late night snack.

:yum:

Fugk.

Does anyone know where I can hook myself up with some of those in australia?

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

It must be st. swithens day because I'm about to have me some kippers

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Do it sober you loving pussy

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

You shouldn't eat fruit bats because of all the diseases they have

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Heaven.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Gonna make sardine soup tonight cuz I feel like it. Gonna use Brunswicks tonight cuz that's all I got.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I've never seen a dine canned as such

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Rough Lobster posted:

brb booking tickets to Sardinia. I don't know anything about it but with a name like that it must be amazing.

Follow on trip to Lesbos planned.

Idk I found Turkey to not be what it seemed at all you might want to do some research

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

https://www.asianinamericamag.com/2012/11/sardines-spinach-and-tomatoes-soup-sabo-tacsyapu-na/

I like to add a dollop of sambal.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Lately I've been putting a mix of sambal and adobo sauce on my deenz it rules in the most tasty way

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

If you don't eat king Oscars you are a fool

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Perfect cracker sized deenz, never mushed up in the can beautiful supple texture and the bones melt like butter

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Like idk what country that guy is king of but they know their deenz

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Oh and the leftover oil is amazing I make righteous salads with it

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Smythe posted:

how is it that the mediteranian style or however u spell that bull poo poo is the cheapest, but seems to be the most extravagant? what is the catch here with these dines? are the spices covering up some kind of dark secret?

I can't actually vouch for the meds as they don't sell them in my country

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I got some sourdough starter and I'm gonna be baking my first loaf with it when I get home from work you'd best believe in gonna be eating all that delicious bread with sardines and their oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Or you could just mix all the bread poo poo together and let it get all tasty for 24 hours and then bake it in a turbo hot dutch oven. No need 2 knead