Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

naem posted:

This is such a fun thread. Wish I could find that mackerel locally, king osc Mediterranean flavor mac from my free taster kit was amazing

It's almost 10pm.

Getting hungry.

Got 4 packs of KO Med dines and 20 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.

Choices, choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Samoas before anyone else gets to them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Butch Cassidy posted:

I got two stashed in my office for just me.

Funny. Dont have to hide my sardines.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the boneless/skinless mackerel is available in our walmart (along with the tiny tots!! I'm on the east coast so ???) and they're just so good, I'm glad we have them :getin:

I get the bumblebee mackerel sometimes but it's not as good and the can is like half full

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
My favorite method of ingestion so far is:

toast a slice of sourdough bread
spread some avocado or guac onto the toast
open up some KO Mediterranean dines
spread them onto the avocado toast and go to town

wife asks if I'm an animal. Checks out

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Butch Cassidy posted:

I just found out Aldis has Samoas knockoffs that are really, really good. For like $1.50.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lowness 72 posted:

My favorite method of ingestion so far is:

toast a slice of sourdough bread
spread some avocado or guac onto the toast
open up some KO Mediterranean dines
spread them onto the avocado toast and go to town

wife asks if I'm an animal. Checks out

Add some spicy brown mustard next time.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Or a squanch of lemon or lime juice

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Gross dude

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've had various boneless, skinless mackerels lately from my local Asian grocery store & I have to admit that I think I like the plain ones best, mainly because then I can add whatever seasoning I want to it.

Teriyaki eel in a tin though can go away.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Teriyaki in general can just go away.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I think I've only eaten eel in sushi, and I find that preparation disgustingly sweet. I generally find teriyaki too drat sweet, too.

Would try an eel pie, though, probably.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Eels are super endangered

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Keith Atherton posted:

Eels are super tasty

Ftfy

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Japanese people like to put gross sticky sweet sauce on delicious grilled eels for some reason.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Maybe I haven't had it prepared correctly, but eel is one of the few sea creatures I've eaten that I didn't love. Like I wouldn't turn down an eel roll or whatever, but it's not my favorite.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

I ate two cans of 'dines before hitting the gym today. My handstand twerking workout was dope! Thanks 'dines

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

withak posted:

Teriyaki in general can just go away.

Wrong as hell

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Keith Atherton posted:

Eels are super endangered

depends on the eel. the one japanese people love, naturally, is in trouble though.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Anyone know where I could buy a lid that would fit on a King Oscar sardine tin? Sometimes I don't eat the whole can and want it to put it in the fridge and a lid would be convenient rather than having to put the 'dines in another container or putting the tin inside of a ziploc bag.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Male Tears posted:

Sometimes I don't eat the whole can

:nallears:

serious reply: I have plastic containers from a grocery store deli that are rectangular and short and would probably fit the can itself inside, without having to make a mess. but lids in general, idk

snoo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 26, 2017

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Male Tears posted:

Anyone know where I could buy a lid that would fit on a King Oscar sardine tin? Sometimes I don't eat the whole can and want it to put it in the fridge and a lid would be convenient rather than having to put the 'dines in another container or putting the tin inside of a ziploc bag.

Cling film. Saran wrap is what people usually call it. Seriously, just put it on the tin. Tin foil will also do.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Something arrived in the mail.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Something arrived in the mail.

Dad.jpg

:)

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I hope that awesome apron is yours goondad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My Man Shran posted:

I hope that awesome apron is yours goondad.

Technically it's all mine because I'm the only income in this family.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

Technically it's all mine because I'm the only income in this family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3ez6zEQtgw

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My wife would kill me and then own 100% of my stuff.

Chorman Plamp
Nov 23, 2004
I Craft War
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this has been posted but beach cliff has totally changed their sardines instead of three in a can it's like 6-7 they're A LOT better

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chorman Plamp posted:

I don't know if this has been posted but beach cliff has totally changed their sardines instead of three in a can it's like 6-7 they're A LOT better

The beach cliff mustard ones are my every day. They're quite good for the price

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Holy poo poo, I'm eating grits with KO sardines and avocado for dinner and it's DELICIOUS. Just made it to use random things in my pantry and I'm definitely going to do it again.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Had some alsharks in tomato yesterday for lunch at work. On toast with bitter greens. When I was done I asked my work mates if I stank up the joint and they said they didn't smell anything at all.

Tonight for dinner I had a Stouffer's French bread pizza and a couple pecan sandies, which is maybe on the divorced-dad end of the dad food spectrum but I still enjoyed it.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Also the alsharks were OK but the tomato sauce wasn't great IMO. I'm generally against sauce-in-can anyway though. Also they were scaley but it didnt matter on toast.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Beach Cliff sardines are kinda meh overall but the ones in Louisiana Hot Sauce are pretty good

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Male Tears posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm eating grits with KO sardines and avocado for dinner and it's DELICIOUS. Just made it to use random things in my pantry and I'm definitely going to do it again.

I have a lot of quick-cook cornmeal that I was going to make polenta. Maybe I should try this instead.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I got a new (to me) brand at the grocery store today: Centos

But I was so excited about the new brand that I didn't notice they're boneless & skinless until I got home :sigh:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got some dines from trader joes that were boneless & skinless. they loving sucked. dines are weird like that.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Speleothing posted:

I got a new (to me) brand at the grocery store today: Centos

But I was so excited about the new brand that I didn't notice they're boneless & skinless until I got home :sigh:

Cento makes good tomatoes though.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Yeah, Cento products are usually awesome. I buy their canned San Marzano tomatoes, and they have a kick-rear end hot pepper relish for sandwiches (but a scoop can be good for cooking greens, too).

I may have seen anchovies from them, but never 'dines. Shame they're skinless and boneless.

By the way, Android Apocalypse was kind enough to mail me a can of Tiny Tots, which I'm saving for a taste test alongside King Oscar double-layer, King Oscar jalapeno double-layer, and my favorite Canario sardinillas. I also picked up a can of King Oscar boneless skinless mackerel in EVOO at Walmart, where I had to go to find the jalapeno KOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogfyJICT9aI