Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Just finished the 2011 anime. What an awesome show!! HxH is held in high regard, and I can easily see why. I know the story continues in the manga, but honestly the show ends in such a good place I'm almost content to leave it at that. I knew previous few things going in, and the things I did know did NOT go the way I expected. This story does a lot of subverting and anticlimaxes, and I think for the most part it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Ging's a jerk, to be sure. That Scene with him and Leorio in the 13th Chairman arc is one of my favorites in the show. It's funny, went from not liking Leorio, to ironically wondering/hoping he'd come back, to just full on liking him at the end.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All I can say is that the 2011 anime is awesome, it’s what has gotten me to be a fan of HxH. I love the pacing the show has, I feel like (with little exception) that nothing is ever drawn out to fill time. I personally think it looks really good too, I don’t understand how an anime could look so consistently good unless it had a super gigantic budget.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, I really didn’t know people loved the 99 anime so much, and in fact think it’s better than the 2011 one. I would think the mere fact that ( from my understanding) the 99 anime doesn’t cover chimera ant would basically automatically make it worse, guess not! I’ve always heard the 99 anime is bad, and it was made completely obsolete by the 2011 anime.

I don’t know if the 99 anime had a dub, but 2011 does and it’s super great so that’s a point for it as well.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So is it possible, given what we see in the story, to play a game of Gungi for real? Are the rules defined enough at all?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So it was never raveled why the spiders attacked the Kurta Clan right? I mean I assume its because someone paid them to do it. But like, during the Yorknew arc I really thought there would be a "true mastermind" reveal, and THAT would be Kurapika's real target. But then he wouldnt be able to use The Chains since this person isnt a spider, he just hired them to kill the clan.... buut that never even came up.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hmm, OK. Fair enough, and that does make the act even more cruel and thoughtless.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The lovable man known as Togashi is actually a paid actor, hired by the backroom committee that creates Hunter X Hunter to put an affable face on their brand. What about Yu Yu Hakusho you say? That never existed. Just a simple case of mass hysteria implanting a false memory into the anime-loving public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can... can we buy that gungi board?