Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
President
FDR
Billy C
LBJ
Washington
Lincoln
Tricky Dick
I'm Gay
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

probably loving Sweden, aka a country whose leaders have been nonfactors domestically and internationally since the Middle Ages

this is somehow a point of pride to them

I was guessing Venezuela

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've always thought Dwight d Eisenhower was under appreciated as president

Also i think it would help us as a nation if more presidents had been in the military. Our last 40 odd years or so of presidents show a lack of moral fiber compared to those who were veterans.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
anyone who claims "[standing president] is the worst President in history" needs to read up on Franklin Pierce, stat

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Trump come 2016.

WOOOP WOOOP

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Woodrow Wilson deserves a mention, but I still stand by Lincoln. :colbert:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

oldpainless posted:

Also i think it would help us as a nation if more presidents had been in the military. Our last 40 odd years or so of presidents show a lack of moral fiber compared to those who were veterans.

Eisenhower owns bones

Just look at his goddam name: Iron Hewer

holy poo poo

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

oldpainless posted:

He did pretty much invent the modern highway system, but on the other hand he stole it from the nazis after he usurped FDR's power

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Aralan posted:

He did pretty much invent the modern highway system, but on the other hand he stole it from the nazis after he usurped FDR's power

You're thinking of Truman.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I was, you're right, Eisenhower did steal the highway idea from Hitler though

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Aralan posted:

bro you're dumb as hell and I don't think you're a millennial

please stop being dumb

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Aralan posted:

I was, you're right, Eisenhower did steal the highway idea from Hitler though

good I'm glad of it

Eisenhower and Theodore Roosevelt were basically the last sane Republicans

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

jackyl posted:

bro you're dumb as hell and I don't think you're a millennial

please stop being dumb

To be fair, who can keep all these garbage post FDR presidents straight anyway

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Theodore Roosevelt

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Take a good long look at that gauntlet and those pince nez glasses, that's what can make america great again, idiots

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Aralan posted:

Take a good long look at that gauntlet and those pince nez glasses, that's what can make america great again, idiots

:agreed:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Richard Nixon actually proposed a guaranteed minimum income in America. This was in 1969, if father America hadn't died in office he would've certainly advocated for it earlier, but to do so while we were actively meat grinding American soldiers to battle Communism was at once ballsy and intriguingly ironic

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lyndon "Black People?" Johnson proposed socialized medicine, resulting in our medicare/caid system today. He also expanded welfare before Wild Bill cut it to pieces while he was busily turning the country into the cyberpunk futureplace it is today

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I like Ike

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
George Washington said "No kings" and left office. This rule continues to this day, the only interruption in its enforcement occurred during Franklin "Dictator for Life" Roosevelt's tenure, after which Congress came together and decided to honor him by making it impossible to break his sick record at ruling America

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
p much every president up until the 20th century was a backwater hillbilly that would've barely qualified for mid level civil service elsewhere

that don't leave too many to choose from, but I'mma go with FDR

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 20, 2015

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Can I write in John Brown for taking a broadsword to people that disagreed with him even though he wasnt technically a president

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Abraham "Burn it all down" Lincoln presided over our nation's greatest crisis. His only mistake was in not telling Sherman to burn the rest

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

A Stupid Baby posted:

Can I write in John Brown for taking a broadsword to people that disagreed with him even though he wasnt technically a president

Yes, John Brown is an acceptable write in candidate on the basis of his song being rewritten for the battle hymn

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It was Jimmy Carter.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
apparently Lyndon B Johnson had a pretty impressive dink, that ought to count for something

enough for top five at least

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

apparently Lyndon B Johnson had a pretty impressive dink, that ought to count for something

enough for top five at least

I always assumed FDR was wrangling a monster considering the tail he pulled while he was crippled. Honestly I think all presidents get that, and I don't want to let a filthy Mick like JFK weasel his way into this poll so I don't think it should count

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Aralan posted:

Lyndon "Black People?" Johnson proposed socialized medicine, resulting in our medicare/caid system today. He also expanded welfare before Wild Bill cut it to pieces while he was busily turning the country into the cyberpunk futureplace it is today

He was also a creepy lunatic. Listen to the tapes of him begging the widowed Jackie Kennedy to come to some event or other to show support for him. Listen to the tapes!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

A Stupid Baby posted:

John Brown is president... of my heart :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It solves ALL the problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_urWSSZgwU

• Locked thread