Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Will Yun Lee is always worth watching so Falling water might be worth a look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah I too need to know if something is scripted or improvised before I decide if it's funny or not.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Not all delivery/take-out places here slice it.

Is America that lazy?

Never in my life in all my travels around the world eating pizza constantly wherever I go have I encountered a pizza that was not sliced

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

So Travelers had less special effects than Timeless and was actually interesting.

I'm enjoying Timeless. It's entertaining enough, the script has a modicum of pop and the time periods are done well.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Looten Plunder posted:

The first three seasons of That 70s Show are great. Three seasons of a network comedy is a hell of a lot of enjoyable episodes.

It's funny, there are a bunch of 90s shows that all aired around the same time and had a very similar "3 Good seasons and then dropped off" trajectory.

70s Show, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, Futurama all come to mind.

Those are more early 2000s shows, rather than 90s shows.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

the early 90's was the most "80's" time ever,

I don't think grunge music is very 80s.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

I was fondly remembering Human Target today; has there been anything action-y like that lately?

Blindspot is an FBI/anti-terrorist-y action show with a prominent mystery aspect.
The Player was a short lived but awesome action fest.
Lethal Weapon is a pretty good buddy cop action show.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Snak posted:

That's not an actual episode I've seen, but I won't be surprised if it happens in season 2.

Season 2 is even better so far. The pacing of each episode has been ramped up to a mile a minute, with plenty of well done action, while also doubling down on the mystery/conspiracy/secret terrorist aspects.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

Also, I thought Blindspot was... well, lovely. I think I only watched the first episode.

It does tend towards the ridiculous, and high amounts of coincidence and unbelieveable plotlines, but what it does it does well in my opinion. And it's definitely a well made show.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

Sounds great to dump on my tv while I work, thanks.

Last question: How's Dark Matter?

It's fairly decent for a cheapo space mystery/drama, though I got bored of it midway through the first season.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

wormil posted:

I've always wanted to ask, how many restraining orders does he have against you?

Also, how is there no thread for Timeless? It seems like the gooniest goon show of all time. (hardeehar). I don't want a thread, just wanted to make that joke. Although the show is dumb fun.

It is dumb fun but there's something about time travel which brings out the worst nitpickiest internet criticisms so I think a thread would be pretty insufferable.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Celery Jello posted:

:smith: If only it had come on NBC, where a viewership of ten people qualifies as a hit.

NBC has higher ratings than FOX overall, the Grinder certainly would have been cancelled if it was on NBC

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I rather go back to the days of Lost with 5 second intros.

Network shows mostly all have those don't they? it's the fancy cable shows that have always had the long intros

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
TD season 2 was not as good as season 1 but everyone I talked to in real life enjoyed it well enough.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Not sure if this belongs in a different thread, but I had a question about the Young Indiana Jones TV show.

It's available on Prime, but I'm not sure if all the episodes are on there or not. It looks like they have 21 or 22 episodes up, but I think it was wikipedia that showed a total of 28ish episodes existing? The problem is, a lot of these were re-cut into smaller episodes after they aired, so I'm not sure if anything is actually missing from the Prime selection, or what is missing.

I believe they re-cut the entire series, 28 eps and 4 TV movies, sans the brief scenes with the older Jones, into 22 90-minute-ish films. It seems 21 of these are available on Prime with one missing for some reason.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Wow, Hawaii 5-0 must really be produced on pocket change lately. There's plenty of episodes where only one of the two main cast is present, and yesterday's episode went as far as reusing some rooftop shot played in reverse. Wouldn't be so much of a problem if it didn't show a smoking chimney, in reverse of course :suicide:

Scott Caan's deal is for 20 out of the 25 this season so he can spend more time back on the mainland. And... you're complaining about using stock footage for an establishing shot of Morocco? It's reversed I guess because they wanted it to zoom in not out. I thought I had an eye for detail but even I didn't notice the smoke from the chimney.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

less laughter posted:

Because it was only 20% awesome and 80% a boring waste of time. Perhaps the weakest effort of his career, really. Amazon absolutely made the right decision by not letting it go to series, it was the weakest pilot of that bunch.

Nah it was pretty cool. Would have been an entertaining show

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

If you're still legitimately emotionally disturbed about Trump winning just watch some of the coverage following the 08/12 elections for some perspective. Look at all the sore losers crying about how President Obama and a Democrat majority means that all guns are going to be outlawed and everyone is going to have free healthcare and reflect on how little of their doom and gloom predictions came true. It's not going to be any different now that you're the sore loser making doom and gloom predictions.

Guess you don't give a poo poo about the Supreme court

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
There are trains on the show. Revolution is pretty enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously and just want some post apoc nonsense with swordfights and shootouts every episode. Season 2 is actually pretty good though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Did Revolution get an ending? Did the power turn back on? Was the medallion thing magic?

The plotlines got mostly wrapped up but it closed on a mysterious cliffhanger. The power and the medallion and everything was all explained.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BSam posted:

They made two seasons? Jesus.

That's nearly as mystifying as there being more than zero seasons of Another Period.

Jokes on you there's going to be a third too!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Decius posted:

It is, but it is named after an engine, not some racist slur, you might notice the Y instead if I. Still not the most fortunate name.

The engine is named after the Gypsy moth, with a y which is named after, you guessed it - Gypsies

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Daniel Dae Kim is still on TV.

Yes indeed and white woman Julie Benz is his girlfriend on TV.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
The later seasons of Homeland are good though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I somehow doubt that. Every season after 1 got worse and worse.

Typical hyperbole adding nothing to the conversation. Seasons 4 and 5 are fine and are good stories with nothing to do with brody. Spy/terrorist stuff with high moments of suspense and tension.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Vanderdeath posted:

Everyone is depressingly sexy but that's true of every CW show.

Depressing for you maybe

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

GreenNight posted:

I'm sad that it's an entirely new cast but I like me some titties and guns.

Didn't even click the link yet but when i read this post i knew it was about new STRIKE BACK!!! wow this is great news. Hopefully it lives up to the standards of the best action show ever made!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Feels like we could have just stopped with 'had sex with kids'.

Why stop there. He murdered orphan babies

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

It has Rami Malek, Hayden Panettiere and Brett Dalton. All playing characters that are probably a little too young for them.

But it's a video game, couldn't they just make them look a bit younger?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

A trailer for the Taken TV series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yj4pap5dYY
It is a prequel but seems to be set in the present day because the past is hard. Also it seems really really generic.

Who's to say the Taken films aren't set in the future? Did you think about that.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Nah you're thinking of Diff'rent Strokes Touched by an Angel

No that's Dr Quinn Medicine Woman.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IRQ posted:

That was my takeaway and I don't care what anyone says, but I think deadpool might execute us if we talk about it further.

At least you admit you're wrong I guess

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

wormil posted:

Hmmm, when this show came out I checked the thread after a couple episodes and the consensus seemed to be that it was really dumb so I deleted my dvr recordings. Was I wrong to do so?

It's a good show and that is the official consensus.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Spatula City posted:

I need some life affirming, positive TV. watching Supergirl right now, but after I run out of that, I need other happy, recent things to binge. I know TV is full of great, dark shows, but for my own self-care, I can't even deal with them.
But it has to be quality stuff. It just has to be stuff with an overall hopeful view of humanity. :unsmith:

This is Us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

raditts posted:

They literally never spoke of him again. He only gets an off hand mention later on when they loving let Lucifer out again

No they literally mention him several times

• Locked thread