Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

muscles like this? posted:

He's headed back to TV as he's doing a Samurai Jack sequel series.

But who will be Aku?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

While it's impossible to replace Mako, the guy they got to play Uncle Iroh on Avatar after he died was a decent approximation.

Yeah but that guy barely talked and Iroh took a backseat in memory of him.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I un-ironically love Space Jam, does that count for anything?

(And Twister, although that was more to do with being one of the like 5 movies we owned when I was a kid).

Space Jam is fantastic and I still have the perfect idea for a Space Jam 2 that sadly won't work now. It would have starred Lebro before he went back to Cleveland and would have worked as his announcement that he was returning.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FlamingLiberal posted:

So there's a new Cloverfield movie and it's coming out in 2 months.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3376716/cloverfield-sequel-already-filmed/

Huh. Well that's a shock. I really liked Cloverfield though so I'll probably see it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well probably because you watched it on DVD. More than most movies, it's a theater experience through and through.

I still think watching the Blu-Ray at home can be a fun time, but it's absolutely better experienced in a theater setting.

That's one of the few DVDs I had to upgrade the I got a bluray. The alternate view mode with the map and notes is cool as poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

They need to announce more bad movies because goddamn this argument is getting boring.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How is A Haunted House higher than Space Balls? What is wrong with people? :negative:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

muscles like this? posted:

They released a movie synopsis the other day and the implication is that they won't form the Megazord until the end of the movie.

So like every episode ever? Makes sense to me

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MonsieurChoc posted:

We need to do a Batman Beyond movie soon, while Adam West or Michael Keaton can still play Old Bruce.

gently caress that. We need a Batman Beyond that's a sequel to Batman 66. Have Adam West be in it finding a new Batman to fight the grandkids of the bad guys he fought.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FishBulb posted:

I'm sure you had impeccable taste in the 8th grade

What do you mean? William Hung was amazing!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Yesssssssssssss the last one was amazing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Y'all are forgetting about Will Rock I know nothing about the game beyond it's name and I think it's an FPS.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Checking the local drive in double feature for the weekend I discover that there's a Barbershop 3. I didn't think anyone still cared about that franchise.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Trailer for the Japanese Godzillia reboot, Godzillia Insurgence

https://youtu.be/ysRIwlEBjuw

Jesus Christ how horrifying

Ehhhhh that trailer is nowhere near as cool as the American Godzilla teaser was

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just got a Google Rewards question about the Ghostbusters remake. They gave me 40 cents to tell them the trap looks cool.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Chairman Capone posted:

Lifetime also did their "kidnapped woman trapped in bunker" movie before Kimmy Schmidt, Room, or 10 Cloverfield Lane, so it's obviously on a roll in predicting upcoming movie trends.

Maybe Lifetime took their inspiration from Cleveland which I swear gave them the idea for the intro of Kimmy Schmidt.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This joke always baffles me. Even if teenagers never actually saw a real VHS before, they should at least be able to recognize it from movies/tv shows/other media. LIke, I knew what records/film projectors were when I was a kid even though I never saw them in real life.

Granted this isn't teenagers but when I worked in a daycare my age group (5-10) had no idea what vhs tapes were and one tried to put it in the computer.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm in.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gonz posted:

Space Jam: Michael Jordan propaganda film.

Space Jam 2: LeBron James propaganda film.

gently caress 'em both.

Sincerely,

A lifelong Pistons fan

Something something GO CAVS!

Although in all honesty I hope they stay in the playoff for awhile because I'm getting hella hours at work making popcorn for The Q.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why are they remaking Rocky Horror? Who thinks that is a good idea?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's a stage musical.

Yes i'm aware of this.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I hate playing with people who think money should go into free parking. That does nothing but make the game longer. Money is supposed to be slowly leaving the game until people go bankrupt not go into the middle for surprise cash infusions.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Slugworth posted:

My girlfriend and I played recently, and she would do cutesy pleas for me not to buy property I had landed on that she wanted. Then later, when she won, she was like, in all seriousness, telling me I really should have bought Pennsylvania avenue, and why did I let her have Marvin Gardens, and so forth.

No mercy next time.

My psychotic ex threw all her money at me and rage quit because I wouldn't do poo poo like that. gently caress you bitch.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Not even the worst thing that happened. Finding a top loading dryer ended up with Four Loko getting splashed all over my room because she hit me with the can.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tacopocalypse posted:

Do you need to see a 10 foot tall Gerard Butler briefly riding a flying chariot pulled by two giant scarabs? This is an important question.

If your answer isn't yes you may be a broken person.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I haven't seen the movie but a giant riding a chariot pulled by scarabs sounds fun as hell to see is all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wolverine vs Oni sounds very much my poo poo. I assume it's actually garbage though?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's me. I'm the guy that doesn't understand the deal with emojis. I am apparently old.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GrandpaPants posted:

Can we judge movies based on their theme songs? Because I didn't even know Fall Out Boy was still a thing let alone enough of a thing to do the theme song to one of the most anticipated (?) movies of the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQ44nPrRTM

I don't know if I'm jealous or not that you missed out on their song that sampled the Munsters theme from last year.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ALFbrot posted:

The thing that always bothered me the most about Independence Day was the part in which Randy Quaid flies his jet into the ship and blows it up. As he pulls up and starts advancing on it, the plane climbs at an agonizingly slow rate, giving him time to deliver (in the exact same cadence and pitch) both lines they came up with for his heroic moment.

"In the words of my generation... UP.. YOOOOOUUUUURRRRSSSSS!!!!!!!!"
*ninety minutes pass*
"HELLO BOOOYSS!!! I'M.... BAAAA-AAAAAAACK!"
*seasons change*
*plane hits weapon and explodes*

That sequence is very bad to me

Just be glad they didn't go with the original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls2CwZjQ9es&t=109s

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hostile V posted:

Huh, wasn't aware there was a racial thing about the Curse of Cain either. Learn something new (and terrible) every day I guess.

Speaking of new and terrible, Lights Out: a movie about a mom inviting someone to stay and it's just terribly inconvenient for her kids and it's all awkward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LiKKFZyhRU

Apparently the guy is expanding on his old short film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDzdDfviLI

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

A friend of mine once had a Cage themed summer where he watched every Cage movie in release order. Still one of the more interesting movie marathons I've heard of.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I made my girlfriend finally watch Alien a couple weeks ago and was planning to follow it up with Aliens. She refuses because the first was too spooky for her tastes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Going off satanic panic stuff. I would love to see something featuring a jaded Lovecraftian psychologist. He retired from adventuring and just attempts to treat cultists. He's seen some poo poo himself so their frantic gibbering is just greeted with a sip or two from his coffee mug and a sigh.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Breaking Bad

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The Suicide Squad trailer was better than Fantastic Fours. That was the worst I can think of

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

All-female Predator, starring Michelle Rodriguez in every role.

But then who will beat the Predator (assuming it isn't also Michelle Rodriguez since then everyone will die)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Parasol Prophet posted:

Michelle Rodriguez also plays the Predator. Done.

But then noone from the cast will survive. So what Michelle Rodriguez beats the Predator then dies when it explodes?

Unrelated apparently they're going to be making an hour long Rocko's Modern Life special. I don't know how I feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Marketing New Brain posted:

I saw it and Star Trek in the same week, and while I liked Trek more, I thought Suicide Squad didn't deserve the Hudson Hawk level lambasting it received. It wasn't great by any stretch, but Will Smith can strap just about any movie on his back and give you an enjoyable couple of hours. It does have some groan inducing one liners and a lot of characters who feel tacked on, but I was left scratching my head at how the reviews were so over the top negative.

They definitely should have cut some characters. Captain Boomerang was kind of pointless in the long run. It wasn't a great movie but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be. Fantastic soundtrack though.

• Locked thread