Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

The Saddest Rhino posted:

that's the plot of krampus

Which was a thing that needed to exist for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Jose Oquendo posted:

So Kung Fu Panda 3 comes out at the end of the month. I bet Star Wars will still gross more that weekend than Kung Fu Panda.

KFP1 and 2 were really good, but I've yet to see a trailer for 3 that doesn't make it look like leftovers and rejects of ideas from the first two.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

broken clock opsec posted:

KFP1 and 2 were really good, but I've yet to see a trailer for 3 that doesn't make it look like leftovers and rejects of ideas from the first two.

No shame in losing to star wars tho...

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Skeezy posted:

Those two episodes are great. He's really loving good at playing disgusting creepy bad guy.

Pennywise? Say it ain't so!

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So I'm not alone in thinking these movies are nothing but an ego trip for Johnny Depp right?

More like, more dumpsters of cash while the going's easy/good.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

The Store posted:

Then what the gently caress is the point of the whole Purge thing if it doesn't actually have a net benefit?

Holy poo poo there are people that bought into the premise

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Now, granted, the Suicide Squad trailer is no Mad Max Fury Road, but,

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

effectual posted:

In that they make his movies seem like Citizen Kane in comparison?

Uh his movies stand up pretty well for themselves.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

DrVenkman posted:

Doomsday is what comes in the 3rd act of the script, so if Snyder is saying that's all the first 2/3 of the movie they've gone and added a 4th act.

It's not like the 3 act structure refers to actual acts as delineated in the text, yo.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Like, yo, it's James motherfucking Cameron. Just relax. Holy poo poo.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

rakovsky maybe posted:

Owning a millennium falcon toy is unacceptable no matter how much "cultural impact" a film series has, Mr. Neato.

Psshht I don't see Avatar having any die cast Star Destroyer toys

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Snowman_McK posted:

It's always fun discovering just how much stuff the internet is willing to blame Lucas for.

Most directors don't make an Attack of the Clones

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Guess what's under represented. Rhinos. All these cries for equality, ugh, and they ignore the most obvious

There were rhinos in at least 2 of 3 KFP movies. Michael Clarke Duncan voiced the best one, of course ...

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
It's all about pacing, not the runtime. The Dark Knight was 2h32m and felt probably more like 1h45m even though it was exhausting as hell.

There's a difference in "consciously avoiding mass civilian death" and "making a mockery of your entire plot". Man of Steel was the former. Ultron went for the latter.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Electromax posted:

Modern oppressors gotta learn to drape their fascism with bright colors and humor, then they can get away with it.

I saw TDK at midnight and I regretted it, not just because of all the weirdos dressed as joker but because after the hospital part and the boat part weren't the end, I was getting tired and the Two-Face finale felt too much like LotR3's "is this ever gonna end?" I was kind of sour about it after first viewing because I loved 2/3 of it then felt like they tacked 1/3 of a different movie on the end. I like it more now, but I'd definitely classify it as a bit too long for my taste.

Well there is that problem where they had to open like loving 3am and then 7am showings. I can't imagine those 3am'ers had any fun at all.

Eventually, of course, they saw reason and started shifted those 'midnight' showings forward to 7pm.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Is this a "Bernie didn't win Illinois therefore nobody liked Man of Steel" argument? That's new.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
How can we trust statistics if we can't tell how many votes a candidate is going to get?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Do numbers really exist?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I am declaring an entire branch of science invalid because we can't predict the future.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Even the previous Batman continuity (pre-New 52), which you'd think ought to be as straightforward as it should get, got into some ridiculously convoluted poo poo. One of the lesser reasons I like the Nolan Batman so much is that it does have a clear beginning, middle, and end.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

greatn posted:

Q: Want to be type cast to nerd poo poo your entire adult life*? Y/N

*rest of adult life refers to however long producers and gross fickle nerds want to have sex with you

“I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.”

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

PBS Newshour posted:

Yes, having your characters get beaten up and hurt does humanize them, but saying someone maybe a compelling protagonist because they get beat up 1000 times more than Indiana Jones is something that I consider qualifiable for the silly zone.

Video games are not movies, this is somehow still news to every poster in this thread.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

piratepilates posted:

That's like a third of the way through the game, by that point you don't even know the start of the actual story. That's before a lot of the good areas too, that's not even a long area to get through, god drat.

This is some Final Fantasy "you just have to spend 100 hours in the tutorial" level stockholm syndrome poo poo, goddamn.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The initial reveal of the game at whatever E3 that was was extremely promising back at the time when you didn't assume all that stuff was scripted to hell and back. They brought that back a little at the end of Ep. 2.

Ep02's end was utter dogshit though.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
No the cutscene cliffhanger was good, the strider battle was dogshit.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Renoistic posted:

The strider battle was awesome and it felt goooooood blowing them to bits.

You already did that a lot in, say, Anticitizen One. The Magnusson was utterly underwhelming as a gimmick and the other component of the fight was driving a vehicle to run over the hunters that accompany the striders, and HL2 vehicles are basically the worst.

Like, if they reduced the overall number of striders, didn't have the car, didn't simply spawn the striders in single groups 1 at a time, had some more enemy variety, that last level would have been a lot more satisfying.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 23, 2016

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

The MSJ posted:

So not only is David Hasselhoff apparently as tall as The Rock, he also still looks pretty good in his lifeguard shorts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDTlSMbIh5z/

The Hoff is 6'4", The Rock is 6'5", so that photo is pretty close.

Also, goddamn.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Snowman_McK posted:

What a hack. He won't even use Jada Stevens?

Well, this way he doesn't have to add a hijab...

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
The Tick is an actual tick and sucks the blood of criminals dry and/or give them autoimmune diseases.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
If I remember correctly, the character was not killed but was revealed to have been captured so they could keep the character around to bring back as an option.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

How can a movie be "accidentally good?"

Maybe precision only accidentally thinks.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

can someone explain to me the whole demon vs angels painting thing and why it's upside down in lex luthor's home in the end. is that supposed to be thanos?

Thanos is the entire plague of those locust things

Keep up, grandpa

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Of course not, just keep in mind that they would have chosen the perfect scene to elicit that response amongst comicbook ubernerds who know who Steppenwolf is and what motherboxes are, and that the rest of the deleted scenes may or may not be as awesome as what the showed us.

It was basically a teaser trailer for the directors cut. Whether you want to put a lot of faith in teaser trailers or not is up to you.

And on its own it doesn't really improve the theatrical cut. We already knew Lex's been into some really bad poo poo based on the painting and his freakout in jail.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Tom Cruise in ...

50 First Dates.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

What did I just watch?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Maxwell Lord posted:

Of course there's the question of how you write the call sheet.

"Japanese, fluent in English with minimal accent, got dem thangs".

I'm pretty sure call sheets are already written like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

CelticPredator posted:

The only reason to see this movie is to see Elizabeth Banks ham it up.

If they're playing this poo poo seriously then someone should burn it and make Jenny's Voyristic Ripped Grey Aliens movie instead.

Pull a Uwe Boll and make both off the same production.

• Locked thread