Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
DUNGEON WORLD/LAST DAYS OF ANGLEKITE: VAMPIRE HUNTERS OF FELLBIT STEADING

Fellbit Steading has always been the gateway to the Crater Basin, standing by the black waters of the River Wound in the only gap in the basin's massive walls. Once a stopping point for trade caravans, as the world outside the basin dies it sees fewer merchants and more refugees - all of them passing through, looking for greater opportunities in Anglekite, Pandemonium, or even Necropolis. It is not prosperous, safe, or successful - but it needs help.

Feral vampires are little more than solitary animals, dangerous but stupid. But now they roam near Fellbit Steading in bands, overwhelming the soldiers sent to put them down. Survivors of their savage attacks carry the disease of vampirism to other villages and even into Fellbit Steading itself - and the word is even more are coming, a great wave of vampires that will wash the Steading off the map and carry their infection into the heart of Crater Basin itself.

There are a thousand stories to be told here, of heroic resistance, desperate struggle, or death, corruption, and failure. This will be one of them.

--

Last Days of Anglekite is a pre-apocalyptic swords and sorcery setting for Dungeon World featuring blind minotaur prophets, feral vampires, werewolves corrupted by Cthulhu, and a whole host of other gonzo craziness reminiscent of the best of the Dying Earth or Lankhmar.

My intent with this game is to run a single story in this setting - specifically, one set in and around Fellbit Steading as the feral vampire plague picks up speed. Maybe you'll stem the tide, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll save everyone, maybe you'll save just that one person who matters. Maybe you'll all die horribly and/or fall victim to vampirism. I have only the roughest outline of a beginning and no idea where things might go. Play to find out, right?

I'm only committing to one story because I can be a terrible flake when it comes to PbP, and I'm hoping that this limited commitment will help me stay focused. When it's done, maybe I'll run another. Maybe someone else can pick up where I leave off. That's a bridge to cross when we get there.

Character Gen
Standard DW character generation applies, more or less - choose a playbook, flesh it out a bit (except bonds, which you can fill in later once the party's known), post it here.

Instead of the standard races use the background rules from Planarch Codex: Dark Heart of the Dreamer. It's a free download, so grab it if you haven't already.

Then answer the following questions:

• Why did you go to Fellbit Steading? (Or how did you otherwise come to be here?)
  • What's keeping you here, in the face of mounting vampire attacks?

Do I need to know/own the setting?
You don't need to know the Anglekite setting to apply - it's more than flexible enough to absorb almost any character concept, and an appreciation for pulpy sword and sorcery will paper over any gaps.

What playbooks are allowed?
I'd rather avoid the custom-built ones from Class Warfare, but I'm cool with almost anything else. Anglekite is all about the weirdness and the one-of-a-kind-don't-fit-in-anywhere-else cases. Just be aware you may have to reproduce the text of your moves in its entirety for things I don't have.

How long will recruitment be open?
I'll make my decisions Sunday evening GMT, assuming I get 3-5 submissions I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Sounds fun! I'll work on a character when I get home.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Yeah, colour me interested!

However my only concern regarding the heritage moves from the planarch codex is that with a number of the third party playbooks have key components of the class in their racial move equivalents. Like for instance the Spellsword and its "Your Weapon".

What would you say regarding these kinds of playbooks?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
tl;dr Cuchulainn with a greatsword and guitar.

Seamus the Galliard

Have a bit of theme music
Background
A strange foreign brute from the Kaelic clans of the North, At eight feet tall, Seamus is a massive physical specimen, With wild, bright red hair and beard, and oddly interweaving blue tattooes running up his arms and across his chest. He towers over his companions and most everyone else.
Seamus' personality is even bigger than his physique, he's always the life of any party quick with a joke or some impressive feat , Seamus wanders the land in search of three things; Good music, brutal combat, and enough coin to keep him in drink and good company.
The source of the little magic Seamus' possesses comes from the ancient Lore of Song from his homeland. Songs to inspire, lift up, terrify, or heal; all sung in the roaring ancient tongue of his homeland.

Gear
Seamus carries with him a Great-Cleaver named "An Phionos" (Kaelic for 'Punishment'). A fearsome and massive blade, nearly as long as a normal man is tall and too heavy for lesser men to wield.
His other prized possession is a unique, beautifully carved Guitarro, usually found strapped to his back and which he often plays for pleasure and to accompany his performances away from the battlefield.

Personality
Seamus is a good humored man, always quick with a joke or a song, even life and death situations are met with enthusiastic glee and excitement. In a group Seamus is likely to take on the role of prankster, entertainer, and big scary distraction when necessary. He's can be somewhat of an annoyance to more serious folks, and his tendency to spend piles of coin and get into massive barfights in every town serves to spread his name far and wide, if not always making him popular among authority figures.

quote:

Why did you go to Fellbit Steading? (Or how did you otherwise come to be here?)
I've found myself in this quaint little town after completing a sellsword contract in a city just over the mountains. I just picked a direction that looked interesting and traveled until I got here, killing and eating many entertaining and monstrous things on the way!

quote:

What's keeping you here, in the face of mounting vampire attacks?
What's keeping me here you ask? Glorious battle! beautiful barmaids! and the locals haven't tired of my songs, or run out of coin or booze.

Brute playbook

quote:

Look: Wild Eyes, Messy, braided hair and beard, Massive body, Mismatched armor and kilt
STR 16 (+2) INT 08 (-1)
DEX 12 (+0) WIS 09 (+0)
CON 13 (+1) CHA 15 (+1)

DMG d8 +1
ARMOR 1/1
HP 25/25

Drive
Blood and Carnage - Crush anyone who stands in your way
Heritage:
Kaelic

Far to the north lay the Misty isles, lands of dark and savage dangers. Amid the Wild Sidhe, and other monsterous creatures, there lives a race of humanity quite unlike the peoples of other continents. The Clan folk, are often referred to as Primitives and Barbarians by "civilized" folk who encounter them, but the truth is much different.

Appearance: Huge and muscular folk, generally 7'-9' in height, and weighing between 200 and 400 lb.
Often with reddish, brown or blonde hair and bright blue or green eyes. with a pale complexion dusted with freckles.
(A life of hardship and combat leaves each Clan folk much tougher, more prepared, and more eager for a fight than the average person.)

AT THE START OF A SESSION OR WHEN YOU INVOKE YOUR RIGHTS OF BLOOD AND/OR TRADITION, ROLL+WIS.
On a 10+, hold 3
On a 7-9, hold 2
On a 6-, hold 1
Spend hold 1-for-1 to perform a heritage move.
  • Resist Faerie magic and glamours
  • Kill or smash something without warning, hesitation, or remorse
  • Safely eat or drink something deadly with no ill effect.

GEAR
  • Fists (hand, blunt)
  • Mismatched armor pieces (1 armor, 1 weight)
  • "An Phionos" A massive great-cleaver, capable of splitting a millstone (+1 damage, forceful, close, 2 handed, 3 weight)
  • Adventuring Gear (4/5 uses, 1 weight)
  • Healing Potions (0 weight)
  • Guitarro and bag of 15 coins (1 weight)
Load: 6/14
Coin: 15

BONDS
  • I bet I could throw Raznik pretty far.
  • Vontellius has fought shoulder to shoulder with me.

quote:

STARTING MOVES
Kaelic Battle Chants (Arcane Art)
replaced "Armed and Dangerous from Brute
When you weave a performance into a basic spell, choose an ally and an effect:
  • Heal 1d8 damage
  • +1d4 forward to damage
  • Their mind is shaken clear of one enchantment
  • The next time someone successfully assists the target with aid, they get +2 instead of +1.
Then roll +CHA.
On a 10+, the ally gets the selected effect.
On a 7-9, your spell still works, but you draw unwanted attention or your magic reverberates to other targets affecting them as well, GM’s choice.

Juggernaut
When you smash into an obstacle (walls, groups, supporting pillars, etc.), roll +STR.
On a 10+, choose two
On a 7-9, choose one:
  • Your momentum carries you through
  • you cause catastrophic damage to the obstacle, scattering debris everywhere
  • you don't take any damage

Is that all you've got?
When you deliberately take the full brunt of an attack, roll +CON.
On a 7-9, pick one
On a 10+, as above and you only take half damage as it glances off of you.
  • your enemy is left open after attacking; you can grab or shove them
  • you learn one of the enemy's weaknesses; describe it
  • you're already in the way of their next attack, and can block it with ease
  • your lack of reaction infuriates or terrifies your enemy

Showboat
When you perform a feat of strength in front of an audience, roll +STR.
On a hit, you keep their attention as they watch in amazement or dismay
On a 7-9, you also draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Bardic Lore
Replaced "Leap" from Brute
Area of Expertise: A Bestiary of Creatures Unusual
When you first encounter an important creature, location, or item (your call) covered by your bardic lore you can ask the GM any one question about it; the GM will answer truthfully.
The GM may then ask you what tale, song, or legend you heard that information in.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 9, 2016

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Infinite Oregano posted:

However my only concern regarding the heritage moves from the planarch codex is that with a number of the third party playbooks have key components of the class in their racial move equivalents. Like for instance the Spellsword and its "Your Weapon".

What would you say regarding these kinds of playbooks?

For those kinds of playbooks, go with the standard race elements (or equivalents) -- the main reason I wanted to use the planarch codex rules is to encourage a bit more weirdness in the world design, but it's not worth tromping all over a perfectly decent set of mechanics.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Okay, this looks right up my alley.

Raznik Ironhide

Raznik used to have it all. He was born with magical talent, and grew up with the best training that a kobold could get. As a kobold mystic, he served the god-queen Ironhide, the massive metal-scaled dragon who protected a hundred kobold clans within her massive cavern domain. He enjoyed the benefits of being a kobold aristocrat, eating the juiciest fire beetle larvae and wearing the finest glow-worm silk garments. Ironhide kept the vampires away, and the werewolves were too intimidated to venture near. Even as the world was dying, her city maintained a standard of safety and protection unheard of for a hundred leagues in any direction.

Then that... thing came from below. Just trying to picture its form makes Raznik's head hurt. It slithered up from the darkness and attacked the city, devouring kobolds in their hundreds. Ironhide went to drive it back, and to the shock of everyone in the city she was slain, her iron scales broken upon rows of the monster's obsidian spines. Raznik doesn't remember much about what happened after that. It is all a blur of fire and blood and madness as the city fell apart and the kobolds trampled each other as they tried to flee for the surface. He found himself alone in a dead forest days later, and set out for Crater Basin, the last refuge of civilization.

One day he awoke to find himself cornered, surrounded by a pack of mindless vampires. He closed his eyes, expecting never to open them again, but found them seared by a light brighter than even Ironhide's dragonfire. When he opened his eyes he found himself looking upon a being composed of light and gemstones. Its form was incomprehensible, planes of light refracted through swirling crystals. Raznik does not believe in the gods of light and justice; the only god he ever needed was Ironhide, but he had heard stories of the angels, emissaries of distant gods. He was bathed in fire that had no heat as the angel smote the vampires around him. It then vanished into nothingness, leaving only burning afterimages in his eyes. Since that day Raznik has been afflicted by visions that he believes to be sent from those distant gods. Prophecies and portents, and none of it looks good.

potatocubed posted:

• Why did you go to Fellbit Steading? (Or how did you otherwise come to be here?)

Raznik headed for Crater Basin because he had heard stories about how it is the last bastion of civilized people in the world. He came to Fellbit Steading as part of that journey.

potatocubed posted:

One of his visions has warned him that Crater Basin may not be around for much longer, and while he has no proof that his hallucinations will come true, he would rather not risk it.

I'm using the Mage playbook, and I took his heritage moves from the kobold, the angel, and made up one to reflect his time spent skulking through the wilderness.

quote:

Raznik Ironhide
Look: Red and Blue Speckled Scales, Strange Robes, Thin Body

STR: 8 (-1)
DEX: 15 (+1)
CON: 12 (+0)
INT: 16 (+2)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 9 (+0)

Damage: d4
Armor: 0
HP: 16
Load: 6/7

Alignment: Neutral (Discover something about a magical mystery)
Background: Kobold refugee touched by an angel

Heritage moves
  • Set a trap
  • Evade notice or seem unimportant
  • Experience visions and prophecy

Bonds:

Moves

Arcane Learning
You are a font of esoteric knowledge. When you Spout Lore or Discern Realities about something magical or otherwise arcane, on a 10+ the GM will also tell you a little-known secret about the subject.

Cast a Spell (INT)
When you weave a spell to help solve a problem, describe it and roll +INT. Spells cast this way can never deal damage directly. On a 10+, the spell certainly helps, but choose one. On a 7-9, the spell takes effect, but the choose two:
  • Your spell won't last long - you'll need to hurry to take advantage of it
  • Your spell affects either much more or much less than you wanted it to.
  • Your spell has unforseen side effects, and might draw unwanted attention.
  • The casting saps your energy. You take -1 ongoing to INT until you have a few minutes to clear your head
On a miss, something's gone horribly wrong. Your spell may well have worked, but you will regret casting it

Spell Focus
Your magical studies are centered on a particular kind of magic, an aspect of the metaphysical world from which you take inspiration. When you first learn magic, select a Focus from the list, and record it below. There is more information on Spell Foci on the attached page.
When you weave a spell that is Aligned to your Focus, your modifier to the roll can't be less than +1. When you weave a spell that is neither Aligned nor Opposed to your Focus, take -1 to the roll. You can never weave a spell if it is Opposed to your focus.

Focus: The Dragon
Look: Vestigial wings
Aligned: Form of the Dragon, Burn with Fire or Passion, Reckless Destruction
Opposed: Healing or Repairing, Using Subtlety

Black Magic (INT)
When you weave a spell to inflict pain, choose two tags and roll +INT. If you do not pick any Range tags, the Range defaults to Hand. On a hit, deal 1d8 damage. On a 7-9, also choose 1:
  • You draw unwanted attention or put someone in a spot
  • The GM removes a non-range tag of their choice and you deal -1 damage.
  • The casting saps your energy. You take -1 ongoing to INT until you have a few minutes to clear your head

Gear
Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
Ironhide Gauntlet (1 weight)
Bag of books (5 uses, 2 weight)
Staff (close, two handed, 1 weight)
3 healing potions
3 antitoxins

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I'm interested, I'll try to get a character up tonight. Any playbooks you want us to avoid?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

neaden posted:

I'm interested, I'll try to get a character up tonight. Any playbooks you want us to avoid?

I'm good with whatever. I can't think of any egregiously broken playbooks off the top of my head, but if it turns out that one is we can quietly modify it behind the scenes as the game goes on.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Would you be interested in a non-feral vampire app? "Those filthy feral vampires give us true vampire lords a bad name. Best they were put down swiftly before they further terrify the weak kneed mortals we true vampires live amongst." Or something like that.

If not I can think of other character concepts.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Can't not apply to Dungeon World, incoming.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Here's my application.

Phinrel the Lantern
Background
Born in the Webhelm to a silk spinner mother and a druid father Phinrel has a relatively privileged positon in the settlement, though his horns always marked him as an outsider. He always sought to impress his fellow youths and found his niche in dares and petty crimes, but never found the acceptance he desired. He eventually found his place guiding travelers through the woods, where his father’s heritage and lessons gave him an advantage.
His life changed one when a bounty hunter paid him with an old artifact, a lantern. That night, alone in the woods, Phinrel examined the lantern and was surprised when a ball of light emerged from the lantern and moved into the woods. Phinrel followed the light as it led him to an old man about to be attacked by giant spiders. With the Light’s help Phinrel was able to save the man and received the adulation he craved. Now, convinced that he is a destined hero he has set off to a place where the light is needed.
In search of adventure, and treasure. The two always seem linked in the stories my grandma always used to tell me. I’ve just been wandering around from one small job to another until now.
This is my chance to be a real hero. And besides, I have a Light on my side, so it’s probably my destiny to defeat the vampire hordes. We’ll probably run into an old scroll or something that prophecies it

Phinrel the Lantern
Look: Glowing blood, Styled Hair, practical tunic, unblemished skin

STR: 12 (+0)
DEX: 16 (+2)
CON: 9 (+0)
INT: 13 (+21
WIS: 8 (-1)
CHA: 15 (+1)

Damage D6
Armor 1
HP 13
Load: 3/6
Allignment: Uncover a hidden truth or Reveal corruption
Moves:
Heritage Moves: Speak to animals, spot predators, run gracefully
Light Weaponry
When you command your little light to change its form, choose a form from the list below and it will
take on that form until it thinks you need another one more. When you roll a 6- while your little light is in one of these forms, it reverts back to its harmless form and refuses to change back for a short while.
Arrows of Light: Near, Mystical, Piercing 2. When you would spend Ammo with this weapon, instead reduce the Piercing value by 1 until the next time you Make Camp.

Shield of Light: Armor +1. You can lend this armor bonus to anyone within Reach. You still get the bonus while lending it out.

Bend Light (CHA)
When you convince natural lights to bend to your will, choose one and roll +CHA.
On a 10+, the chosen effect works perfectly.
On a 7-9, it works, but the light is fickle and the effect will not last long - you'll need to hurry to take
advantage of it.
On a 6-, the light is sick of being bossed around - the GM chooses one from the list and uses it against
you!
- You command the light to attack – temporarily blind or stun a group within Near range.
- You calm the light until it stays still - create a wall of light that blocks off one passageway.
- You praise the light until it draws close - fill an area with light.
- You terrify the light until it flees - shroud an area in darkness.

Reveal the Way (CHA)
When you show a non-hostile NPC their best course of action, roll +CHA.
On a 10+, they will take that course of action, although they will take it in the way that benefits them
most.
On a 7-9, they aren't sure it's something they want to do, but you have their ear now - you gain leverage over them.

When another player comes to you seeking advice, tell them what you think is their best course of
action. If they act on your advice, they take +1 forward.
At the end of the session, if at least one player who acted on your advice actually benefitted from it in the end, you mark XP.

Equipment
Dungeon Rations (1 Weight 5 Uses)
Lantern (1 Weight)
Lightweave armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
Healing Potion

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
I'll form a Paladin Zealot. Thinking a kind of Blue Beetle or Venom concept, whose armor won't let them leave Fellbit for some reason.

Harvey, "blazing iron." A name for a warrior. Though, as my fellows liked to joke, the only "iron" in my battle prowess was "irony," for I used a mere longbow. They knew not the twist of my spine, born of my training, nor the keenness of my eyes, or the speed I could strike, even if I needed to start with crafting my very weapon. I took it in good humor.

But in my most recent and final battle, a preemptive twilit strike against the feral vampires, I was called to the front lines, clad in heavy armor. My brother's. It was a trick to make him appear immortal, though he had been twice slain. Why? To raise morale, frighten the enemy, or fill the hole he left in the line; I knew not, and it mattered not. I was pierced through the eyes by their dagger-nails, the same as he. My light faded and I prayed I would not become one of them.

My story should end there, but no. Before my hearing faded to match my vision, I was visited by a death-maiden, Valkyrie. Once they were thought to be demons who scavenged the souls of warriors like camp followers and buzzards, but then it was found that they were in fact God's servants, ferrying the worthy dead, the heroes, to heaven. Only she too had been tricked, same as enemy and ally alike. I was mistaken me for my brother, and deemed unworthy.

But she did not banish me to Hell. She closed my visor, pulled me to my feet without laying a hand on me, and flapped her wings. The single gust of wind tore my corpse through the seams of my plate and chain, leaving my naked soul sealed in my armor. I could see a sword and shield rising into my hands, so we were armed the same, and she challenged me to become a hero worth carrying to heaven, or forever wander the mortal world. She released me, and I collapsed.

I woke where I had fallen, hours later, with fangs at my throat trying futilely to reach blood that was no longer there. I was pinned under a pile of drained corpses, but had one free arm. I locked it around the demon's throat, and my voice echoed through my armor: "Dawn will break before my grip. Together we salute the sun."

When dawn broke and disintegrated the vampire, I swear I saw the shadow of the angel of death, and felt another gust of wind whistle through my empty iron cage.

quote:

Name
Harvey

Look
Glowing Eyes
Helmet
Fancy Holy Symbol
Bulky Body

Stats
+2 Wis 16
+1 Cha 15
+1 Dex 13
+0 Str 12
+0 Int 9
-1 Con 8

Your maximum HP is 18/18, 10+Constitution.
Your base damage is d10.

Starting Moves

Heritage
"Angel," "Skeleton"

At the beginning of a session, or when you invoke your rights of blood and tradition (however you do that), roll+Wis.
On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, you still hold 1. Spend this hold 1-for-1 during play to make a heritage move, just like that:

Reconstruct from parts
Stir mortals to action
Expose sin and injustice

When you gain new appreciation for your heritage, add a new heritage move or change an existing one.

Lay on Hands (Cha)
When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being , roll+CHA.
✴ On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease.
✴ On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.

Armored
You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

I Am the Law
When you give an NPC an order based on your divine authority, roll+Cha.
✴ On a 7+, they choose one:
Do what you say
Back away cautiously, then flee
Attack you
✴On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them.
✴ On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

Quest
When you dedicate yourself to a mission through prayer and ritual cleansing, state what you set out to do:
Slay _______, a great blight on the land
*Defend Fellbit from the iniquities that beset them
Discover the truth of _______

Then choose up to two boons:
An unwavering sense of direction to _______.
Invulnerability to _______ (e.g., edged weapons, fire, enchantment, etc.)
A mark of divine authority
Senses that pierce lies
*A voice that transcends language
*A freedom from hunger, thirst, and sleep

The GM will then tell you what vow or vows is required of you to maintain your blessing:
Honor (forbidden: cowardly tactics and tricks)
Temperance (forbidden: gluttony in food, drink, and pleasure of the flesh)
Piety (required: observance of daily holy services)
Valor (forbidden: suffering an evil creature to live)
Truth (forbidden: lies)
Hospitality (required: comfort to those in need, no matter who they are)

Drive
I am Worthy
Impress the Valkyrie.

Gear
Load is 12+Str.
Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight),
Scale armor (2 armor, 3 weight),
Mark of faith, describe it (0 weight). An angel feather, blue and iridescent by day, black as the new moon by night
Long sword (close, +1 damage, 1 weight) and shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
Dungeon rations (1 weight) and healing potion (0 weight)

Bonds
_______________’s misguided behavior endangers their very soul!
_______________ has stood by me in battle and can be trusted completely.
I respect the beliefs of _______________ but hope they will someday see the true way.
_______________ is a brave soul, I have much to learn from them.

Advanced Moves
TBD

I was part of what was once a mercenary company, which became the de facto warriors of the realm when all our competitors, mercenary or not, were swallowed by Dis while we were afield. We were dispatched to the planar crossroads to exterminate the vampires lest outside forces come to solve our problem for us and no doubt occupy our land in perpetuity afterwards.

My geis. Fleeing would only drat me to eternal purgatory on a dying plane at best, Hell at worst.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 8, 2016

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Cleric would definitely come in handy.
Trying to figure out what's appropriate for the Heritage, I've never used Planarch Codex before. I think mixing up the Orc monster moves would be interesting, someone trying to walk the paths on the way to becoming warchief.
Motivation, beyond just "go out and do the right thing" is something I'm working on? A dying culture's desire to heap enough glory on their name with feats of suicidal heroism?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

LLSix posted:

Would you be interested in a non-feral vampire app?

I was pretty much expecting at least one. Go for it.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug

quote:

The Raveling can't touch me here. It can't speak to me in my dreams. Spindle stood very far upriver, you know -- dangerous even in better times, when the roads were safer to walk alone. And it has a...special taste for us who were born there, before the bad times came. I can't go back that way. Not ever.

quote:

Trade - what little there is these days. Felt and hemp-rope, mostly. A few villages in the Basin even still deal in fine stitching. Some brave fools even kept Spindlework safe and sterile all these years, and this I save when I can. Often it must be burned, but some of it still retains its true virtue - from when my home sprawled at the headwaters of Dream, and our artisans could weave miracles in remembered thread.

Maxim Shape

quote:

Name: Maxim Shape
Look: Braided hair, Cape, Heavy clothes, Lean body
Playbook: Collector

STR 9 (--)
DEX 12 (--)
CON 8 (-1)
INT 16 (+2)
WIS 15 (+1)
CHA 13 (+1)

HP 12/12
ARMOR 1
DAMAGE d4
XP 0

Drive: Holding the Key
Keep dangerous things away from those who would abuse them.

Predilection: Mundane
Your Lore stat is +INT.
Your curios are practical in nature – clothing, weaponry, gadgets, food. When you gain this Predilection, choose a type of resource: adventuring gear, weapons, ammo, bandages, or rations. When you spend a minute looking through your collection, restock 1-use of the chosen resource.

Background: A refugee from Spindle; a former dreamweaver fleeing the Raveling Plague.
Heritage moves:
  • Stitch something back together
  • Provide just the right item, at a price

Collection: Fabrics, threads, and woven things
Theme: Historic, Surreal

Starting moves
Curiosity (+INT)
When you put yourself at risk to check something out, roll +Lore.
On a 7+, ask the GM any one question related to the risks.
On a 10+, the GM will answer it, as clearly as the circumstances allow.
On a 7-9, the GM will tell you what more you need to do to find the answer yourself.

Keeper of Curios
You keep a collection of strange and rare curiosities, which follow some sort of theme - masks, small dinosaurs, mechanical replicas of insects. Your collection is 5-weight, and contains a variety of useful things collected throughout your travels.

When you take a few moments to dig through your collection for something useful, describe what you're looking for and what you want it to do. You can have potentially anything on hand, but the GM will tell you one to four of the following:
  • It is either consumable or faulty, and will only work once
  • It was not intended to be used for this
  • It will take a lot of time and effort to use properly
  • It won't work unless you _____
  • The curio's effects are incredibly specific
  • You get something close to what you want, but not quite
  • You'll need help from _____ to use it safely

Reminders of the Past
from Survivor; replaces Make it Count
When you meet a traveler or enemy you've met before (your call), tell the GM of your last encounter with them. The GM will tell you how they've changed since then.
When you come across a marked grave, tell the GM who they were and how you knew them.

Wealth and Taste
When you make a show of flashing around a valuable possession, choose an NPC present. They will do anything they can to obtain your item or one like it.

Gear (Load: 12/15)
Your collection (5 weight)
Dungeon rations (5/5 uses, 1 weight)
Adventuring gear (5/5 uses, 1 weight)
A catalogue of the strange and mysterious: the last known surviving copy of the Book of Knots (5/5 uses, 1 weight)
Spare clothing for any occasion, including light armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
A repair kit (6 uses, slow, 1 weight)
An appraisal kit (1 weight)
An antique weapon: an impossibly strong length of thin cord (hand, 1 weight)

Alumnus Post fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 9, 2016

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

He’s been called the King of the Peregrines, the Adventurer Mendicant and other titles less savoury. Several things are for sure: Gunbo Sharpish gets around, Gunbo Sharpish has gone a long time on this path without getting killed and Gunbo Sharpish is looking for something. Carefree swordslinging wanderer, Gunbo has been to every part of the Crater Basin at one point in his life, either fighting, robbing, tricking or drinking with whoever it may be that lived (or unlived) there. He’s been permanently expelled from Pandemonium, has the authorities at the Necropolis convinced that he’s undead, and won the Wenhelm Spider Rodeo three years running. Now he’s pointed the toes of his well-worn boots in the direction of Fellbit Steading. Who know what adventure awaits?

“Well, it’s as good a place as any, ennit? Naow, naow, I’m bein’ fresh. Truth is, I got on the wrong side of the Thieves Guild, those dirty devils, and thought it might be advisable, so to speak, to put some distance between the city and my own good self, at least until things die down a little bit, if you unnerstan’ my meanin. It were ugly business, so it were, but had to be done- that little swine had a few thoughts rattling round his bonce that I wanted to hear, and so I made sure I did, and here I am.”

“I’m a hero, en’t I? Got a magic sword and all, almost cost me an eye or even two. But I’m a jammier bastard than that demon thought and here I stand, me and me flash cutter. I’ve been around the territories so to speak, see if I en’t been, and I picked up a tricksy bit or two in my travels. I’m just the kind of gent that this town could use, and it just so happens that maybe there’s someone here who’s got a twinkling of some of the magicky learnin’ that I’m after.”

Gunbo Sharpish, Knight Tatterdemalion and Gentleman of the Road, the Spellsword

Look: Man, gold-toothed grin, mismatched armour, bright, patched clothing

Str 16 (+2) | Dex 13 (+1) | Con 12 | Wis 9 | Int 8 (1) | Cha 15 (+1)

Damage 1d8 | Armour 1 | HP 20/20

Drive: Show Off- impress another with your wealth or skills

Your Weapon: A Fine Blade- Your weapon is sharp and cuts through anything in your path. Your weapon can cut through any material, no matter how tough, and it Ignores Armour. When you stab your blade into something and hold it there, that is your point of channeling.

Starting Moves

A Weapon of Power:
You own a magic weapon, through which your magic works. You can call this weapon to your hand by holding out your hand and willing it to you, and it will appear no matter how far away or much is between you and your weapon. Your weapon cannot be destroyed, and you take no damage from any who wield it against you.

Your weapon has the tags Close, +1 Damage, and 0 weight. To anyone else, it has the tags Close, -2 Damage and 10 Weight, unless they have your permission to wield it.

Channel Weapon
Your weapon is powerful, but most of its power cannot be used without your guidance. When you channel your magic through your weapon, you may choose one:
• Burn: The point of channeling burns white hot, catching fire immediately.
• Destroy: An inanimate object shatters, starting at the point of channeling. This spell can only destroy an area slightly larger than your body, making it useful for tunneling through a wall or door, but not for destroying an entire castle.
• Seal: If you leave your weapon at the point of channeling, this target is put into stasis. They cannot be harmed and they cannot move or take action in any way. This can be used to seal doors, enemies, and allies alike

Sellsword
When you negotiate for your services,
you can always make a single demand of your employer. If the demand is one they can fulfill, they will always accept your demand.

Spell Lord
Choose a single Starting move from any other playbook. It must be a move that grants you a magical ability. Record that move here:
TBD

Gear:
Your load is 7+STR (9). You start with your weapon of power, dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight) and mismatched armour (1 armour, 2 weight)
Choose two:
Adventuring gear (5 uses, 1 weight) and bandages (3 uses, 0 weight)
A Horse or other Ground mount

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 8, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Whoa, I haven't seen this version of the spellsword before!

You're basically a Jedi! :haw:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, it's Gnome's, it's pretty cool. I'm more playing this guy as an ur-murderhobo with his magic sword and magical tricks acquired after years on the road than a jedi with esoteric training.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Currently slowly working on a Cleric who's also a scout and apocrathary. Will probably post her tomorrow evening

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

Sir Vontellius Alterham

"Once these halls were grandiose and full of industry and life; all works to bring order and stability to the world and spread the light of knowledge into the darkest corners. Titanic sentinels watching over pristine lands, silent - until called to battle. Such days are long gone now, and we are few and far between, our workshops scattered or missing, our halls abandoned, many die making a last stand defending some sacred place. But all is not terrible, the Order of the Spark will rise again, I know it. With that in mind, would you like to join me as my squire?" - Sir Vontellius Alterham, speaking to a prospective squire (now deceased).

The Order of the Spark is an ancient knighthood, founded on an ideal. An ideal for a better, safer, more ordered world, a world where advancements in and the applications of technology would better it immensely and make all safe from the predations of chaos and disorder. Founded by a circle of Mechanatrix engineers, the Order made great strides over the years, building mighty halls and fighting against the darkness. But fate was not kind to such ambitions.

The Mechanatrix claim a bloodline descending from the mating of a human and some sort of entity from the more ordered of planes, where the line between machine and living creature are blurred greatly. Consequently they possess an affinity towards machinery and the more ordered forms of magic. It was natural that they would found the Order of the Spark, although they are not its exclusive members, a significant proportion of the Order are (or were) Mechanatrices.

Vontellius was raised on such ideals, born into nobility, he relished at joining the Order of the Spark, becoming a squire and eventually becoming a fully-fledged knight, a process that involves the building of his own suit of armour, a hallmark of the Order of the Spark. With that he finished his suit, named Lawbringer, before he set off on his own journey as a knight-errant, however he became too focused on the neverending ordeals of his station, and by the time he had returned to the Order much had fallen or had been forced back by the encroachment of entropy and disorder. Vontellius (hubristically) blamed himself for this and thereafter made great attempts to try to restore order, but to no avail, too much had been lost too quickly, and he became bitter and angry.

Yet he never gave up, and still wanders, trying to keep the soul of the Order alive, one way or another.

potatocubed posted:

An ancient hall of the Order of the Spark lies here, and being a relatively stable place (for the moment), while being close to the frontier, it seems an adequate place for Vontellius to support and attempt to recruit more into the Order. Or make a last stand.

potatocubed posted:

Vontellius refuses to back down in the face of such dangers, not to mention the Order of the Spark absolutely necessitates a concrete base of operations in order to exist, their wondrous machines require upkeep and maintenance, lest they become rusty strange sculptures found by wandering vagabonds. Additionally, a show of force in such a hectic place as this would do great moves in bringing back the Order to the public eye, re-establishing it more and getting the ear of any and all of influence.

pre:
Sir Vontellius Alterham, Knight of the Order of the Spark

Look: Goggles, Heavy Tunic, Tattooed Skin, Hardened Body

STR	DEX	CON	INT	WIS	CHA
9	8	13	16	15	12
+0	-1	+1	+2	+1	+0

Damage  Armor   HP      Load      Level   XP
    d8    2      19/19    6/10       1      0

Heritage
Mechanitrix

Appearance: Tall and thin, generally over six feet tall, slender builds are common.
Hair tends to take on dull metallic hues, silvery, or a dull bronze or golden hue; their eyes tend to have similar (but brighter) 
colours; their skin tends to be greys or bronzes going from darker ashen or brazen colours to a slightly silvery pale colour. 
Their complexion however beyond this tends to be immaculate and without blemishes (asides from stemming from injuries)

AT THE START OF A SESSION OR WHEN YOU INVOKE YOUR RIGHTS OF BLOOD AND/OR TRADITION, ROLL+WIS.
On a 10+, hold 3
On a 7-9, hold 2
On a 6-, hold 1
 * End or weaken a spell or effect.
 * Recall something with perfect memory.
 * See through deception,

Drive
To Save the Day: Dive into danger to protect someone or something important.

Bonds
I let _ pilot my suit once. Never again.
Raznik keeps dinging up my paint job.
_ helped me put my suit back together.
Phinrel is my personal assistant squire.

Starting moves
Mechanical Suit (Int)You have a mechanical suit, unique to you, which only you can operate - describe it. Other 
suits exist, but none of them quite like yours. When you wear your Mecha Suit, you have 
1 armor, and can use the suit as a weapon with a range of Close. When you Hack & Slash 
in your suit, roll +INT instead of +STR.

Your suit is equipped with a variety of unique equipment. Pick one from each list:
Primary Weapon: Full Arsenal: Close. When you attack with this weapon, choose a tag to add to it: Hand,
Reach, +1 damage, Forceful, Messy, or Stun
Movement Method: Jumper: Jump incredible heights, and take no damage from controlled falls.
Advanced Systems: Covered Cockpit: When in your suit, you have 2 armor instead of 1.

Hold Together
When you would take damage while you are in your suit, you may negate that damage by marking Stress on your
suit. When your suit takes Stress, mark one of the following:
Damaged: Your Movement Methods are disabled. The suit can still walk normally.
Disabled: Your Advanced Systems are disabled. Their bonuses do not apply.
Disarmed: Your Primary Weapons are disabled. The suit itself can still be used as a Close weapon.
When you Make Camp, you may unmark one Stress to your suit. When every box is marked, your suit is
completely destroyed, and it will take a week to rebuild.

Let Me See That
When you take a few moments to handle or examine something interesting, ask the GM two of the following questions.
The GM must answer truthfully.
 * What does this do?
 * Who made this?
 * What's wrong with this, and how might I fix it?
 * What has been done most recently with this, or to this?

Advanced Moves

Gear:

Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)

Your mecha suit (8 weight, 0 weight while worn)

A repair kit (6 uses, slow, 1 weight)

A wrench (hand, 1 weight)

Protective Clothing (1 armor, 1 weight)

Bag of Books (4 uses, 2 weight)

pre:
Lawbringer
You have a mechanical suit, unique to you, which only you can operate - describe it. Other 
suits exist, but none of them quite like yours. When you wear your Mecha Suit, you have 
1 2 armor, and can use the suit as a weapon with a range of Close. When you Hack & Slash 
in your suit, roll +INT instead of +STR.

Your suit is equipped with a variety of unique equipment:
Primary Weapon: Full Arsenal: Close. When you attack with this weapon, choose a tag to add to it: Hand,
Reach, +1 damage, Forceful, Messy, or Stun
Movement Method: Jumper: Jump incredible heights, and take no damage from controlled falls.
Advanced Systems: Covered Cockpit: When in your suit, you have 2 armor instead of 1.

Infinite Oregano fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 14, 2016

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Red Teeth" Gweyr

For the Wyldfolk, it is usually wise to avoid civilization. The farmers and the merchants think you might rob them, the nobles think worse. Which is why the clans stick to themselves and their own way, as they have for centuries. Occasionally, though, there are a few who strike out and stake their claim in the bigger world. Gweyr is one of those people. Her reputation started as an accident; she had hunted something some noble had been hunting as well, and succeeded where his unwieldy horses and badly trained hounds had failed. The troupe stumbled upon her in the midst of honoring the proud stag she had just slain, face covered in blood, and drew their weapons with the shortsightedness only nobles have. Gweyr drew her bow in kind.

Which is when the wolves attacked. Maddened, desperate beasts, haunted by hunger and the foul magics that had given them unnatural teeth and claws.

A few of the nobles fell in the initial attack, but thanks to swift action and swifter arrows, Gweyr managed to save the other men from falling as well. Grateful to have their life, they dubbed her after her bloody mouth, and the viciousness of her strikes. Unaccustomed to this praising from people not of her kind, Gweyr found her prideful soul hungering for more. So it was not long after that she took her skills and her weapons and started going out to civilization, taking hunting tasks from those who had too much money and too little courage and strength. Many a great beast - and more unscrupulous bandits - fell under her arrows, and the legend of her red teeth grew and grew as she carried on. It has made her many friends, and more enemies, but she is content with this life, and will continue to live it even if the world ends.

potatocubed posted:

A scholar by the name of Del Grayston asked for her protection on the way to Crater Basin. He had heard of the vampire troubles and apparently had some "important documents" that needed to be delivered safely. It was not a typical job for Gweyr, but money is money, and she hadn't ever killed a vampire before, so that would be interesting. Of course, that turned out to be a mistake.

potatocubed posted:

The attacks are exactly what's keeping her here. She is no hero, and does not stay out of misguided bravery to protect the refugees. Gweyr finds herself trapped. The area is unfamiliar to her, so she cannot rely on her knowledge of the wilds to carry her out safely, especially not with all those vampires roaming around. While she can probably kill a small pack of the monsters, the risk of taking a wrong turn and ending up in their nest is too great. It is a rather unfortunate predicament and she's looking for a way out ASAP.

pre:
Name: "Red Teeth" Gweyr
Look: Wild Eyes, Braided Hair, Traveling Clothes, Fit Body
Class: The Marksman

Heritage: Wyldfolk 
Crude, yet effective warriors, the Wyldfolk eschew most traditional trappings of civilization, 
making their home in caves or other natural shelters. 
They have an uncanny affinity with animals, which they use to provide for their own as well as protect their homes.
Their traditions go back as far as any history books, 
though many of their ways make the civilized peoples wary and suspicious. 
Some even believe a few of the Wyldfolk tribes had a hand in the monsters that now roam the land.

At the start of a session or when you invoke your rights of blood and/or tradition, roll +WIS. 
On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a 6-, hold 1.

- Take control of a beast's mind
- Doggedly track prey
- Move with amazing speed

Drive: Pride and Glory
Leave a foe with a parting shot they’ll remember you by, either verbal or physical.

HP: 18
Armor: 0
Damage: D8

Stats
STR 9 (+0)
DEX 16 (+1)
CON 12 (+0)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 13 (+1)
CHA 15 (+1)

Moves
Trick Shot
When you have the appropriate supplies and a couple minutes to tweak your ammo, gain 3 Quiver. 
You can have up to 3 Quiver prepared at any one time. 
When you shoot your weapon at a range, you may expend 1 Quiver to add an effect:
•	Explosive Shot: The shot gains the forceful, messy, and area tags.
•	Elemental Shot: The shot deals +1d4 damage.
•	Stun Shot: The shot gains the stun tag.
•	Poisoned Shot: The target deals -1d4 damage ongoing until cured.
•	Piercing Shot: The shot gains +2 piercing.
•	Rope Shot: The shot trails a line of rope from the point of impact back to you.

Rebounding Shot
When you angle your shot to bounce off one target towards another, roll +DEX. 
On a 10+, tell the GM where the second hit strikes. 
On a 7-9, as 10+ and the GM tells you where the third hit strikes.

Draw A Bead On ‘em
When you focus your aim on one target to the exclusion of all others, they cannot escape your sight without fleeing behind solid cover. 
Gain +1 ongoing to hit that target until they’ve escaped your gaze. Take -1 ongoing to hit any other enemy until you have ended this effect.

Maybe You’ve Heard of Me?
When you draw on your reputation in a crowd, roll +CHA. 
On a hit, several people have heard a story about you that casts you in a favorable light, which you can use for leverage. 
On a 10+, also take +1 forward to Parley. 
On a 7-9, they’ve all heard the story, but the version they heard includes two caveats from the list below – the GM will tell you which.
•	The story inaccurately attributes a major achievement by another to your own actions.
•	The story suffers from a significant exaggeration of fact.
•	The storyteller missed an important and relevant detail.
•	Somebody in the crowd pipes up with an awkward or embarrassing question about the story.

Gear
•	An ornate Elven longbow (far, near, two-handed, 1 weight)
•	Two bundles of arrows (6 ammo, 2 weight total)
•	Adventuring gear (1 weight)
•	Hand Dagger (close, hand, precise, -2 damage, 1 weight)
•	A hidden scar, the memento of a worthy rival (0 weight)
Load 4/9

Bonds
I don’t think ___________ quite grasps just how impressive my talents are. That’ll be easy enough to fix!
___________ and I are old rivals. And I’ll show them up again this time, too!
I’ve got ___________ watching my back, and I know I can always count on them.
___________ never really forgave me after that one time we went drinking together….

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Must... app... Dungeon World...

I'm going to make that Butcher concept I mentioned a few weeks ago in the DW thread, using the Orc Medic as the base. Gonna chop some meat and cook it up in strange fashion.

@error, Yay Brute!

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Alright, decisions made! As usual with these things, it was not easy -- but the final lineup is as follows:

• Seamus the Galliard, played by Error 404
  • Raznik Ironhide, played by Serf
  • Phinrel, played by neaden
  • Sir Vontellius Alterham, played by Infinite Oregano

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to app, and I'll try to have a first post up soon.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So a giant, a kobold, a tiefling, and a jedi walk into a bar...

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
...I've got to say, the GIS results for "mass vampire attack" are pretty special. =/

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Time to get slaying.

I also have some questions for you:

For Everyone To Discuss: The four of you have known each other for a few days (weeks maybe?) now. How did you all meet?

Vontellius: What were you lot supposed to be doing miles from Fellbit, out amid the vampires?

Seamus: How did it go sideways?

Phinrel: Geron, Nalia, and their kids... who are these people? What's so special about them?

Raznik: What sort of traps have you set around the lodge?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Will post in a few hours after work.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
How did we meet: Phinrel tends to go with the flow, and though he would deny it is more of a follower. Running into Vontellius he was starstruck by the knight and began to tag along.

Geron, Nalia, and the kids: Geron is a woodsman, and Nalia is his wife. They live in the woods, hunting, making charcoal, gardening, and other things like that. Fairly unremarkable lives until the vampires attacked. The twins were both attacked and bitten, but the vampires died after drinking their blood and the rest fled before the party arrived. Geron and Nalia deny knowing what caused the reaction, but the party is hopeful the effect can be replicated, if everyone survives.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

potatocubed posted:

For Everyone To Discuss: The four of you have known each other for a few days (weeks maybe?) now. How did you all meet?
Aye, I wandered into town a fortnight ago and settled into what passes for an inn around here. A couple of my erstwhile companions had already been in town for a time.
It wasn't until the latest attack on the town that we really got to talking business. Up until then I was mostly singing, telling stories, or performing feats of strength.

quote:

Seamus: How did it go sideways?
Well...given that I'm nearly twice the size of the next biggest member of the company, you can imagine how difficult maintaining stealth can be in crowded, dry, underbrush. One twig snap, and the legions of the damned are dogging yer feet.
Of course maybe it has something to do with this bag full of shiny gems I found wedged behind a rock just outside our destination...

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

potatocubed posted:

For Everyone To Discuss: The four of you have known each other for a few days (weeks maybe?) now. How did you all meet?

I had arrived in town a little while ago, having settled in to the largely run down Order hall there. I met a strange fellow named Phinrel on the roads to Fellbit, he seemed a heroic sort: perhaps a future squire? Regardless, I appreciated their help (hopefully I won't have to bury this one). After we settled into the hall, I spent some time assisting the elderly scribes there and researching things in the library when I decided to check out the local tavern for those who might be able to assist me, perhaps even join the order. Lo and behold, there were the others.

potatocubed posted:

Vontellius: What were you lot supposed to be doing miles from Fellbit, out amid the vampires?

We were looking for something. A tome that I found in the library at my order's hall in Fellbit spoke of "The Lance of Solaire" the weapon of an ancient knight of the order that was said to strike with sunlight. A fitting way to defend against vampires.

We found his tomb, but someone else had gotten to it first. It was empty! But we found a scrap of strange silk, but what that means or where it's from I have no idea.

Infinite Oregano fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 11, 2016

Serf
May 5, 2011

potatocubed posted:

Raznik has been here for several weeks now, having decided to remain in Fellbit Steading rather than proceed further. The locals are wary of him because even though he can conjure flames from nowhere and drive back vampires, he is prone to staring off into space with a horrified look in his eyes. Mumbling to himself about the end of the world has also not endeared him with the populace. When other outsiders began to filter in, Raznik attached himself to them out of a need for companionship.

potatocubed posted:

Raznik: What sort of traps have you set around the lodge?

There are two tripwires, one of which will send the person down into a shallow pit of wooden stakes that he has covered with dead leaves. The other is rigged to a small bottle of fire beetle dust that, when properly jostled, should set the tree it is nestled against on fire. He has also set a snare trap in the vain hope that it would catch a deer.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Oh, and I forgot: Bonds!

You'll need to make some.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
BONDS
  • I bet I could throw Raznik pretty far.
  • Vontellius has fought shoulder to shoulder with me.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Bonds
I let _ pilot my suit once. Never again.
Raznik keeps dinging up my paint job.
_ helped me put my suit back together.
Phinrel is my personal assistant squire.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Bonds
Vontelliusshines so bright that they hardly need me to light the path for them.
I don’t think Raznikis as fond of the light as I am.
Seamus knows the secret I’ve been hiding.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Phinrel's secret: He likes big butts and he cannot lie. :v:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bonds

I have shown Seamus the power of the arcane arts.

Phinrel knows the secret to my powers.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Seamus has probably indirectly killed us now! Vontellius will probably have to tear through the door.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Infinite Oregano posted:

Seamus has probably indirectly killed us now! Vontellius will probably have to tear through the door.

Glad to be of service!
Post coming in soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Haha Awesome! My berzerkerballad works real good!

• Locked thread