Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The military is often where the bottom of the barrel of society go who can't find a real job go, or are so naive or have such hosed up world views they think joining the military will let them "make a difference". Then the military fills their head with bullshit, gives them PTSD or utterly shatters their belief in humanity. Once the military has used them up it dumps them back into society with little to no support. It's unsurprising they have hosed up broken relationships. The problem isn't the high rate of divorce or pathetic gross relationships, it's them killing their spouse / selves in alarming numbers.

Most of the military people I know have perfectly healthy relationships and are good normal people though. But they also all think the military is a stupid poo poo show and avoid socializing with other military people as much as possible and their wives/girlfriends avoid any military related social events like the plague because it's full of god drat military wives.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Panfilo posted:

Another question: Do Dependas extend to LBGT couples/spouses? Would a lesbian spouse of a female servicemember be accepted among their herd/flock/whatever you call a group of these women?

Probably not. Most of the spouses I've seen are super "Christian" when it comes to hating on gays but no when it comes to sleeping with everything nearby.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I've seen exactly one marriage when I was in that wasn't a total loving train wreck. A shitload of divorces and one dude who went from married to restraining order in less than 9 hours.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Baronjutter posted:

The problem isn't the high rate of divorce or pathetic gross relationships, it's them killing their spouse / selves in alarming numbers.

Suicide and domestic violence deserve their own conversation, but unhealthy relationships and divorce are a muuuuuch more pervasive, if less grave, problem.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Bolow posted:

I've seen exactly one marriage when I was in that wasn't a total loving train wreck. A shitload of divorces and one dude who went from married to restraining order in less than 9 hours.

9 hours from I do to please don't?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm like 30 pounds heavier than I was when I met my wife.

On the other hand, I met her shortly before I ETSed, so who knows.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
when i was a dumbfuck pvt on cq, one of our company's medics needed to use the staff phone to call his wife who was then in korea. it was two hours long of him yelling at his juicy girl wife and holy gently caress i wish i taped the thing because i would play that recording every god damned day as daily affirmation that people are far more beyond hosed than i ever could be.

one dude propsed to his wife as she was sliding down the stripper pole lol. the betting pool on that one was 6.5 days. it lasted about two weeks and then he went awol because his unit wanted him to deploy from rear d.

one dude's wife brought him to the light and salvation of crystal methamphetamines. he slapped a ring on that and cps took their kid away after their kid came out of her gash testing positive for some combo of cocaine and something else i can't remember.

lol military spouses are pretty lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^ :lol:

Panfilo posted:

Another question: Do Dependas extend to LBGT couples/spouses? Would a lesbian spouse of a female servicemember be accepted among their herd/flock/whatever you call a group of these women?

I've only known one, who looks the part but is actually really nice and is a stable human being.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 12, 2016

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

9 hours from I do to please don't?

9hrs from I do to getting his rear end beat with a giant double ended dildo and having to call the cops. It wouldn't have been nearly as funny and awful if that psychotic bitch didn't look like a super greasy version of shrek

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Hang on, I'm gonna need to really toke up to take this one on.

BRB, getting uncomfortably high.

shim still hasn't posted.

he dead. dead from weed.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Bolow posted:

9hrs from I do to getting his rear end beat with a giant double ended dildo and having to call the cops. It wouldn't have been nearly as funny and awful if that psychotic bitch didn't look like a super greasy version of shrek

holy gently caress that ended completely opposite of what I imagined

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
On my boat all of the married officers had smoking hot wives and all of the enlisted guys had wives that cheated on them for the most part.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We may be welfare queens, but our SOs didn't have to get up for PT to make any bank.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My mom met my dad when he was stationed in Germany, but she was like 32 and my dad was 29 or something, and she had been traveling for the past 10 years teaching for the DoD and abroad in schools in Japan and in Australia and then Germany, so it wasn't really to escape the poverty and dismal life of trailer trash.

My mom became a stay at home caretaker for us three boys, but I am almost certain that my mom mainly associated with people that she liked rather than whatever click that was going on. But they were noble families so maybe it was a more covert type of mil-wife dependa poo poo that went down. She also volunteered a ton of her time while we were in school at soup kitchens, the base church and at the salvation army, and then once we were all of driving age she now does tours at a local farm for elementary school kids.

We grew up mega normal for a military family. When I was young and naive about all things military relationship wise, I couldn't believe that the military could have so many divorces and lovely relationships, but yeah, that was a long rear end time ago..

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ded posted:

On my boat all of the married officers had smoking hot wives and all of the enlisted guys had wives that cheated on them for the most part.

It's true.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Panfilo posted:

No clue, I retired just a few years after DADT got repealed, and honestly have no idea what the LGBT integrated and tolerant and military is.

I'm certain it's gayer, but that's all things military. So :shrug:.

Also I got super baked and experienced the verge of Ego death trying to get myself back into the old days, wound up falling asleep instead of feverishly typing. :ohdear: that's okay, I'm going for an imaginary 4th plateau with DXM and high dose Modafinil. The goal is to have my nervous system as alert and vigilant as possible while also simultaneously disassociating and finally pulling a finishing move on my consciousness.

I do remember the quote "good old days" and don't let anyone lie to you- there was a ton of gay dudes and chicks in the AF before DADT got axed.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
DADT got repealed like 5 years ago

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Zeris posted:

That might have been the last time Shim has been with us in this reality.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Zeris posted:

Yeah I retired not that long back. v:v:v

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
My mom was my dad's third(!) marriage and from what I gathered the first two were typical enlisted fare. I don't know if it was because my dad was E-7 when he met my mom or if she was educated and had her poo poo together but I don't seem to recall her acting like the typical military spouse. She had trouble getting jobs when we were overseas so she took care of me and took a lot of correspondence course to keep from going insane (IIRC she got her second master's while we were in England her third when we were in Germany).

Edit: I do remember one time in Germany my dad developed the extremely enlisted habit of gambling on the slots in the NCO club and completely drained the savings accounts. I remember having a suitcase packed because my mom was us to go live with her sister in Michigan but I guess they patched things up and to his credit my dad hasn't gambled since.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 12, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol, my dad married my mom about 7 years after he got out, he was 29 she was 18. No army post, not very rich and my mom was a smoking hot blonde then. My dad was a powerlifter, though, so there's that.

My sister's mom he met and married while he was in the Army, and holy gently caress is she a creature of remarkable terror. loving enlisted.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

VikingSkull posted:

lol, my dad married my mom about 7 years after he got out, he was 29 she was 18. No army post, not very rich and my mom was a smoking hot blonde then. My dad was a powerlifter, though, so there's that.

My sister's mom he met and married while he was in the Army, and holy gently caress is she a creature of remarkable terror. loving enlisted.

You just described your mom as hot.

Seek therapy.

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
Weirdly when I was intel alot of enlisted wives were super hot. But that might be because half the enlisted people already had degrees.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Years from now you'll recalibrate and realize they weren't hot, trust me. I hosed all the Intel wives I could.

I'm not proud of what the drag net caught either.

That was back in old Uncle Shims drinking days so I was also seriously not safe to operate heavy machinery like an Intel wife.

Like driving a fork lift on ketamine with three flat tires and the controls reversed. Was just happy to finish.

~memories~

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Like tears...in the rain...

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I've met more than my share of dependas in the seven years since I've been married to a servicemember.

Every awesome, fun, smart, interesting military spouse I have encountered I have met away from base.

Every military spouse I have met who has been a part of a spouse organization has been a dirty, dirty oxygen thief.

I have learned that unless my husband is going to deploy with a unit, nobody in the FRG needs my phone number or email address. He has been yelled at by many an officer's wife and he takes quite a bit of glee in refusing to pass on my contact info. His command knows how to get ahold of me in case of a real emergency, but nobody's wife needs that info!

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Wroughtirony posted:

I've met more than my share of dependas in the seven years since I've been married to a servicemember.

Every awesome, fun, smart, interesting military spouse I have encountered I have met away from base.

Every military spouse I have met who has been a part of a spouse organization has been a dirty, dirty oxygen thief.

I have learned that unless my husband is going to deploy with a unit, nobody in the FRG needs my phone number or email address. He has been yelled at by many an officer's wife and he takes quite a bit of glee in refusing to pass on my contact info. His command knows how to get ahold of me in case of a real emergency, but nobody's wife needs that info!

There's a legion of angry wives desperately searching for you on facebook.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Helldump Immunity. posted:

There's a legion of angry wives desperately searching for you on facebook.

Bring it, cuntbags. The same oxygen thieves tried to cut in line in front of me at the commissary, exploited me for my cupcakes (I'm a chef) to make money for your bouncy houses... yeah, explain to me what I have done wrong by not inviting you into my private life.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Wroughtirony posted:

Bring it, cuntbags. The same oxygen thieves tried to cut in line in front of me at the commissary, exploited me for my cupcakes (I'm a chef) to make money for your bouncy houses... yeah, explain to me what I have done wrong by not inviting you into my private life.

lace them with rat poison and stamp out the next wave.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

TPSDude posted:

You guys ever run into swingers on your post?

Shim

do you see this

do you see???

Bogarts posted:

Weirdly when I was intel alot of enlisted wives were super hot. But that might be because half the enlisted people already had degrees.

a) they weren't that hot

b) most of them were probably mail-order brides and/or juicy returns from Korea because those two options are the only ways your typical intel and/or comm nerd is going to get something like that

(which when you think about it is doubly hilarious given the typical clearances involved in those career fields)

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

TPSDude posted:

You guys ever run into swingers on your post?
Not swingers, no, but I've definitely been hit on by some fugly, presumably enlisted, wives.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

a) they weren't that hot

b) most of them were probably mail-order brides and/or juicy returns from Korea because those two options are the only ways your typical intel and/or comm nerd is going to get something like that

(which when you think about it is doubly hilarious given the typical clearances involved in those career fields)
Christ, I wish I had saved that post I wrote on how depressing being a honeypot must be.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

iyaayas01 posted:

Shim

do you see this

do you see???

I do now lol.

Oh man, the swingers. There's more than you would otherwise think, and they're as attractive as you might imagine.

So so many unsymmetrical tits, and bad teeth.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

You just described your mom as hot.

Seek therapy.

that's prolly true huh

weed counts as therapy right

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

VikingSkull posted:

that's prolly true huh

weed counts as therapy right

:hf:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
our corpsman used to field after hours calls from spouses about people trying to finger their dogs butthole (whatever thats called) and loving up the dog and isn't there anything he can do, as if he were a veterinarian

that's the level of intellect w/ mil spouses

also corpsman joke

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

krispykremessuck posted:

our corpsman used to field after hours calls from spouses about people trying to finger their dogs butthole (whatever thats called) and loving up the dog and isn't there anything he can do, as if he were a veterinarian

that's the level of intellect w/ mil spouses

also corpsman joke

Expressing anal glands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Booblord Zagats posted:

Expressing anal glands.

yuck. why not just go to the vet? oh right