Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raere
Dec 13, 2007

i used a mac today for the first time since os 9
wow what a bad OS
i open finder, get to a folder with a list of files - where's the loving scroll bar? i move the mouse up and down the side of the window but nothing appears. scrolling my finger down the right side of the touchpad doesnt do anything either. very unintuitive
how do i uninstall a program? well i assume ill just go into the settings and find a listing of installed programs...nah, you have to open finder, go to applications on the sidebar, and drag the application into the trash
half of the popup windows dont have a button selected, so instead of being able to press enter to say OK and dismiss it, i have to click on it
maximizing windows doesnt make them go full screen most of the time, just makes them a little bigger. im on an 11 inch mba nothing loving fits in your small rear end window
i closed a program oops it's still open because i only closed its window??? this is mac os 7 dumbassery

the only usable and working part is the terminal
how the hell do you guys use this pos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
works fine for me won't fix

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Raere posted:

i used a mac today for the first time since os 9
wow what a bad OS
i open finder, get to a folder with a list of files - where's the loving scroll bar? i move the mouse up and down the side of the window but nothing appears. scrolling my finger down the right side of the touchpad doesnt do anything either. very unintuitive

two fingers up and down anywhere on the touchpad scrolls

quote:

how do i uninstall a program? well i assume ill just go into the settings and find a listing of installed programs...nah, you have to open finder, go to applications on the sidebar, and drag the application into the trash

being able to just delete a program and have it be gone is a bad thing lol

quote:

half of the popup windows dont have a button selected, so instead of being able to press enter to say OK and dismiss it, i have to click on it

this is so programs can't hijack poo poo by automatically hitting accept

quote:

maximizing windows doesnt make them go full screen most of the time, just makes them a little bigger. im on an 11 inch mba nothing loving fits in your small rear end window
i closed a program oops it's still open because i only closed its window??? this is mac os 7 dumbassery

the green button enters full screen mode

quote:

the only usable and working part is the terminal
how the hell do you guys use this pos?

unfortunately ur infection with windows has led u to have bad habits wrt computer use and ur expectation every OS is as bad and broken as windows means simple and sensible OS functionality is difficult 2 u because ur looking for things windows does instead of what makes sense.

namaste.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

even linux on the desktop has a scrollbar

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Stux posted:

being able to just delete a program and have it be gone is a bad thing lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
op is completely retarded

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Raere posted:

even linux on the desktop has a scrollbar

unfortunate that you don't have a trackpad or a mouse with a wheel but OS X doesn't support legacy hardware from the 80s

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Stux posted:

unfortunate that you don't have a trackpad or a mouse with a wheel but OS X doesn't support legacy hardware from the 80s

i have a trackpad but i didnt know that you need to use two fingers to scroll

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Raere posted:

if you're such a basic level user it may be worth going through the osx tutorial to familiarise yourself with basic functionality that you couldn't manage to work out yourself

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Raere posted:

duhhhh durrrrhhhh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

for example: left click is a one finger click. right click is a two finger click. use the keyboard to enter text etc

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

pram posted:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Raere posted:

this assumption is loving retarded

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

man you dudes are suckers for low effort trolling

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

qirex posted:

man you dudes are suckers for low effort trolling

maybe pretending to take the bait is an important part of their posting personae

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pram posted:

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

I'm sorry you all have OS stockholm syndrome

or softholm syndrome (software stockholm syndrome)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Raere posted:

I'm sorry you all have OS stockholm syndrome

or softholm syndrome (software stockholm syndrome)

your monitor

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
OS X works well when you think of it as a clown os and get into than clown mindset. then it's sweet as gently caress

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think you mean POSIX OS, op.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

echinopsis posted:

OS X works well when you think of it as a clown os and get into than clown mindset. then it's sweet as gently caress

using osx is more like burning the clown makeup and clothes to ashes also the clowns name is Microsoft Windows

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

echinopsis posted:

see enclosed image of the average OS X user

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

GoldenTeeth posted:

enclosed image of the ideal Windows user

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hey op, OSX has been confirmed trash for retards for a while now. consider yourself lucky you haven't had to realize that until now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

now this... this is yospos

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

now this... this is yospos

your mac os is a pos

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

GoldenTeeth posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

this edit is so thoroughly unnecessary smdh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

average windows user: "lol those idiot baby's intbheir fisher Mac toys... little do they know the power of windows. just need to finish updating this driver and I'll be ablek use my mouse again"

average mac user:

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Stux posted:

average windows user: "lol those idiot baby's intbheir fisher Mac toys... little do they know the power of windows. just need to finish updating this driver and I'll be ablek use my mouse again"

average mac user:

bloggers and baristas don't wear suits

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

craisins posted:

bloggers and baristas don't wear suits

do you know who do wear suits though? spacemen and women wear suits. space suits. and they use mac

pc: for data entry and other menial basic tasks where performance and stability are not as important as cost

mac: for literal rocket science

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

do you know who do wear suits though? spacemen and women wear suits. space suits. and they use mac

pc: for data entry and other menial basic tasks where performance and stability are not as important as cost

mac: for literal rocket science

the space age, aka, the 1950s or so, is the primary realm of macs

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
its pretty bad op

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

echinopsis posted:

the space age, aka, the 1950s or so, is the primary realm of macs

actually this is from modern and ground breaking space missions because when you are working on the edge of human capability u need a machine that won't try and install windows 10 at any given moment

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao stux

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

works fine for me won't fix

pram posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bad window manager on that OS. would be better if it supported GNOME 3

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Smythe posted:

bad window manager on that OS. would be better if it supported GNOME 3

if u don't shut the gently caress up ill "manage" ur body through a plate glass "window" nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stux posted:

if u don't shut the gently caress up ill "manage" ur body through a plate glass "window" nerd

unlikely

• Locked thread