Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:m10:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Smythe posted:

unlikely

ur right even with my impressive muscular physic he and combat training i doubt ur frail tiny body will do any damage to the fragile glass

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stux posted:

ur right even with my impressive muscular physic he and combat training i doubt ur frail tiny body will do any damage to the fragile glass

post a pic. nice selfie with a sign. deadline tomorrow morning when i wake up

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

Smythe posted:

Smythe: tits or gtfo!!!!!

Me: Hmm. Actually, YOS... is a POS.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

please (request) a full on ban if he doesn't deliver oh great smythe :pray:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Smythe posted:

do it u little baby just fuckin do it cmon

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

making dumb challenges to give u a reason to probe lol like a little loving idiot. just do it be a man for once in ur life. maybe then ur father will love u

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

my father uses a lenovo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stux posted:

making dumb challenges to give u a reason to probe lol like a little loving idiot. just do it be a man for once in ur life. maybe then ur father will love u

post the pic before i rise tomorrow

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Smythe posted:

post the pic before i rise tomorrow

do it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

looks like smythe is being a coward. lol. what asurprise. just as i siaid, a waif like creature with no spine.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
smite stux please

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
stux is a good and so is mac osx 10.11 el capitan

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

bump

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oops, forgot about this thread. no pic huh, big shocker. all bark and no bite. bitch. (dog theme flame)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
praise be to smythe

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

mac os x is still a garbage OS regardless of what day it is
day 2 of my adventure and it's still appalling

i wrote a bash script on windows and transferred it to the mac but it didnt work, kept complaining about weird characters, like "#!/bin/bash^M bad intrepreter"
turns out windows has a different kind of newline which breaks this? ive written scripts on windows before and transferred them to linux and ive never had this issue
i was using notepad++ on windows
also this may have been related not sure if it got fixed but i cant create nested directories? like if I do "mkdir" dir1/dir2" it fails and says "dir1 cannot be found", I have to create dir1 and then dir2? is this a thing??

i tried the suggestion to use 2 fingers to scroll but it's inverted from every other implementation of scrolling ever, even iOS???

SEP on mac is terrible too but i know thats not apple's fault

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
you can change scrolling in the trackpad setting op. OS X 10.11 el capitan is still ftw on my rmbp

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Raere posted:

ive written scripts on windows before and transferred them to linux and ive never had this issue
ftp in the default ASCII mode fixes this for you.

quote:

also this may have been related not sure if it got fixed but i cant create nested directories? like if I do "mkdir" dir1/dir2" it fails and says "dir1 cannot be found", I have to create dir1 and then dir2? is this a thing??
mkdir -p dir1/dir2

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

OP needs to RTFM

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the average mac user dressed up for work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mac OS X -> Max -> Mad Max -> p fukken sweet imo

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
reading chat logs is loving stupid

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wild EEPROM posted:

reading chat logs is loving stupid

so's your loving posting

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Raere posted:

i used a mac today for the first time since os 9
wow what a bad OS
i open finder, get to a folder with a list of files - where's the loving scroll bar? i move the mouse up and down the side of the window but nothing appears. scrolling my finger down the right side of the touchpad doesnt do anything either. very unintuitive
how do i uninstall a program? well i assume ill just go into the settings and find a listing of installed programs...nah, you have to open finder, go to applications on the sidebar, and drag the application into the trash
half of the popup windows dont have a button selected, so instead of being able to press enter to say OK and dismiss it, i have to click on it
maximizing windows doesnt make them go full screen most of the time, just makes them a little bigger. im on an 11 inch mba nothing loving fits in your small rear end window
i closed a program oops it's still open because i only closed its window??? this is mac os 7 dumbassery

the only usable and working part is the terminal
how the hell do you guys use this pos?

lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Raere posted:

mac os x is still a garbage OS regardless of what day it is
day 2 of my adventure and it's still appalling

i wrote a bash script on windows and transferred it to the mac but it didnt work, kept complaining about weird characters, like "#!/bin/bash^M bad intrepreter"
turns out windows has a different kind of newline which breaks this? ive written scripts on windows before and transferred them to linux and ive never had this issue
i was using notepad++ on windows

i tried the suggestion to use 2 fingers to scroll but it's inverted from every other implementation of scrolling ever, even iOS???

SEP on mac is terrible too but i know thats not apple's fault

continuing my lol from earlier

mac scrolling moves the view, as it should, not the page like in pos oses

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Raere posted:

the only usable and working part is the terminal

what the gently caress else do you need

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nice windows scroll bar

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Pinterest Mom posted:

nice windows scroll bar

I just noticed that wtf

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

pls dont post our chat logs echi

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

theres a separate thread for general tofu dude

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol at you guys thinking dragging a app to the trashcan in OSX actually uninstalls it and doesn't leave a bunch of config files laying around. Uninstalling apps in OSX doesn't exist.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pee list lmao

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
i'd never go back to windows unless apple continues their slow decline for a v long time, but finder really is complete trash

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

ratbert90 posted:

Lol at you guys thinking dragging a app to the trashcan in OSX actually uninstalls it and doesn't leave a bunch of config files laying around. Uninstalling apps in OSX doesn't exist.

same but Windows uninstallers leave a poo poo ton of files in AppData and ProgramData and the dozen other places people store config files.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

craisins posted:

same but Windows uninstallers leave a poo poo ton of files in AppData and ProgramData and the dozen other places people store config files.

Well yeah, doesn't excuse Apple though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ratbert90 posted:

Well yeah, doesn't excuse Apple though.

the correct answer is to make app install/uninstall 10x worse to save a few kb of disk space

• Locked thread