Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you ready for this
yes
hell yeah
YEAAAAAAH
hey yo it's ya boy
View Results

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'd like Golden Mushroom :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
There is no "ey yo it's ya girl" option

sexism

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Oh poo poo

sorry guys I didn't realise it was already beginning :v:

I was at uni, then we went to see star war

it was a good star war

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

Go Mithranderp, SAVE YOUR SKIN AND REMEMBER MY DEEDS

wat

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

iajanus posted:

I can't wait to see war star again. If only Mrs iaJanus liked that sort of thing.

By the way, are you scum this game?

No, I'm not scum. I'm town :)

but I said at the end of the last game that I was going to abandon my "not-lying" policy so please don't take my word for it

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Wait so how many post do I need to make? poo poo

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Tirade posted:

You've still got three hours, don't stress.

What's your view on red onion as a pizza topping?

Only if it's a little bit, and it if it actually adds to the flavour

if it's put on as some trendy bullshit, nope.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I was just about to post about that

Anidav should know by now that the odds of me being scum this game have nothing to do with whether or not I was scum last game, same goes for infinitum

I feel like he's defending me in the hopes I'll be lynched so he can say "LOOK GUYS I KNEW SHE WASN'T SCUM"

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

With Mith here and posting, the only one in real danger now is bowmore.

So really, anyone against the whip who doesn't vote for it is gonna look like they'd rather abandon a mechanic that forces participation for the sake of defending ONE poster with the least content.

This is a tool for scum how?

Does the whip need any more votes to activate btw?

Seagull posted:

fun fact: because of how much infinitum has pushed this it doesn't actually matter whether he's town or scum - it's utterly useless to look at the whip finaliser because we have all this baggage attached to it now

I'll do it

but is it instant?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Seagull posted:

we need to hit twelve people wanting the whip so it doesn't matter right now

we're on like seven

wait what?

how is the whip not good for town?

sorry if you've already been through this before, but getting rid of lurkers tends to be a good bet for getting scum as well

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Wow page 18 double quote at the same time.

Page 19?

##vote beetphyxious

wat

you are making no sense right now

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

it is good for town.

town who don't post are bad

scum are more likely to lurk.

whip it good

##whip it real good

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

did I do it right :ohdear:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

post more mith

would you have egg or beetroot on a pizza

beetroot is objectively better than egg on this hypothetical pizza, but both are poo poo

that being said I've had yoghurt on a pizza and that was a+

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

SKY COQ posted:

What about the apple of pine

I will admit that I used to love hawaiian pizza, but now I'm ambivalent. It's okay but there are many better options out there.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I hate shitposting so much but by god, if I need to shitpost for the sake of town, then shitpost I will

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Seagull is very sure that infinitum is scum; I guess it's hard to shake that gut feeling if you get a strong one. I'm not so sure about that yet, however

Infinitum posted:

But once I flip town...
**cough**
**hack**
**cough**

*grabs collars*
Promise me Gwyn.

Promise me you'll vote Birdstrike.

you're trying awful hard just to save your own rear end.

Infinitum posted:

Kinda want to flip to bowmore tho if he doesn't rock up when we get down to 1hr 30min left on the clock.

Can continue the birdstrike argument D2

Quit vascillating and do it now then, if you really want to vote bowmore

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

If you're decently sure about birdstrike, vote for him. If you'd rather vote out a non-poster, vote bowmore, but quit it with the histrionics.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

speaking of poo pooposting or getting off the pot ##vote bowmore

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

B_t, Anidav and Zets are my backup suss list, but for today,

##vote Infinitum

I'd rather vote for Anidav than Infinitum today, more because he was trying weirdly hard to defend me but has now seemingly shut up

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

bowmore is my vote for now because I want to keep the pressure on lowposters. So if there's no real chance of whip happening (is there?) then hopefully the threat of being lynched a la bowmore will help people post more

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Zetsubou-san posted:

please, if a scum were awol today they would be bussed at the earliest opportunity.

t-t-triple post!

it honestly depends on the powers.

I remember being vaguely inclined to bus hiip d1 last game, but he was too useful because the other scum all had powers that meant we couldn't do the nk if we wanted to use them.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Tirade posted:

Bowmore is getting whipped if he doesn't show up in the next hour or so.

Oh cool, I didn't know if there were enough players voting for whip yet

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

Being a fellow Brisbane person, please understand that I was mowing the lawn at this hour because it is the only time it isn't hot.

lol if you have a lawn in brisbane

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

Why vote bowmore? Let's lynch one and whip another.

Because I wasn't (am still?) not sure we've got enough people voting for whip to do that.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Having just read birbstrike's posts, I have to agree TBH. Can't say for sure I think he's scum but that meltdown/post confusion was just

weird

##vote Birdstrike

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

Mods can we get a whip count.

And a vote count

In separate posts please.

:negative:

you're breaking my figurative balls here Beet

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'm happy to go with Anidav or Birdstrike, my gut says Infinitum isn't scum, weirdly I think he wouldn't be trying this hard if he were.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

oh hey

this lurking thing is somethign anidav has done before. i think he even coined some dumb phrase silent majority or silent lurkers or. what the gently caress was that phrase?

##vote anidav

hey birbstrike

silent lurkers are even worse than regular lurkers because they're EVEN QUIETER

##vote anidav

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Freudian Slip posted:

If you read my previous post you will see that the 1+ nature of it confuses me. I haven't seen the statistician before, only the scanner ability which gives an exact number. I wanted to see how we could exploit this power better and I wanted to know more since the claim. Is this the only list we get? Does she get more, can she chose etc.

If its the only one, then yeah Bifs plan does make sense, lets just hope we hit early and that there isn't only one scum on it otherwise we could lynch a few town while scum kill people off the list.

I am just a little worried about laying out long term plans in thread giving scum a chance to plan

Wasn't there a statistician in the last Mario game? I remember being quite concerned as scum in that game because there were actually 2 or 3 scums on it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

its buggigb me now is it tinnies or tinnys

beet you seem to be thiknihn infitum isnt scum yet your still focusign on him

what are your thoughst on breadstick tiday

I'd like to see him show up today, at least, because if he IS town he tends to be really sharp and observant

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Freudian Slip posted:

Infinitum, just want to point out that if Bif was scum. She wouldn't leave such a big trail of throwing shade at BT the day before she kills her.

More likely, scum killed BT precisely because bif was throwing shade at her.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

you thibk it was a setup?

i fifured there'd be some follow throggh if so but the only one who brought bif on bt up was infitum

seems like a p desperafs gambit

More just as a way of throwing town off the scent and generating the "would bif kill b_t after having thrown shade at her" discussions

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

That was a weird autocorrect.

Pre blow out I mean. To clarify.

Mith?

You rang? Are you asking my opinion on birbstrike?

Regardless, here it is:

My read is that either

a) birb was super defensive because he's scum and hated being pinged on d1; or

b) he was already feeling grumpy and felt he was being unfairly targeted while (for example) infinitum was posting stupid poo poo and wasn't being questioned nearly as hard.

I'm leaning towards b) because if it was a) he probably wouldn't be back in his regular posting/questioning style now and would probably be milking his hurt feelings more in order to avoid having to contribute to the scumhunt.

Birdstrike posted:

seagull has been on inf from opening, doesn't read like casing read likes a role thing

That's what I thought, but after b_t's flip IDK (would there be a daycop AND a lazy cop?). Sometimes you just get a super gut feeling on someone and can't shake it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

And his excuse for role claiming you thought was fair?

If he honestly did misread your post and was also honestly feeling attacked then yeah

I am trying to figure out why a clever scum would fake-roleclaim that early on in the game, when he wasn't even that close to being lynched, and with something that specific/weird. The role and the conditions, to me, seem consistent with the type of one I was given as well.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

oh yeah ##whip

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I like the whip. The very threat of being modkilled for lowposting is a great idea

we should have the whip in all our games

*whipping noise*

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Tirade posted:

I've changed my mind. I was a bit disappointed since after crunching the numbers I realised that there's only about a 2% chance of picking nine names at random and getting no scum.

BUT!

**caveat: I just relearned basic stats in order to figure this out and could be well wrong**

When picking nine names at random from a 16 player list (assumption is that there are 4 scum). the odds are as follows:

Chance that zero scum are chosen: 1.92%
Chance that one scum is chosen: 17.31%
Chance that two scum are chosen: 41.54%
Chance that three scum are chosen: 32.31%
Chance that all four scum are chosen: 6.92%

Given that Coq and you are town on that list I reckon we work our way through others with extreme prejudice.

Noice

why start with zets and not birdstrike?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Hmmm

I agree with the reasoning for voting Zets

Zetsubou-san posted:

who loving cares about sky coq, and bif gets confirmed when she flips.

there's at least one scum - remove them from the pool of options

lets assume bif is town - remove her from the pool of options

the resulting numbers tell us how useful the list is after we lynch one scum from it

7 picked from 14. assume 3 scum.

just for shits and giggles, do 7 from 16 - assume 3 scum.

Coq had data confirming bif's alignment. Coq was flipped as town. Therefore (IMO) the data was reliable. So to me, bif IS confirmed town.

Your reasoning is silly

##vote zetsubou-san

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

*stares at Mithranderp frozen in carbonite*

idgi

anyway anidav did make a good point about janus, is he on bif's list? I forget

• Locked thread