Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Here's the deciding vote! With or without hat! Call in now!

Your hair is really long on top. You should drop the denial about your impending baldness.

I've been there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

CommonShore posted:

The LCBO has some advantages, in that it is one of the largest (maybe the largest) single-buyers of alcohol in the world, and a crown corporation, so it's actually a revenue-positive government agency, a major employer, and its prices are actually competitive. It's not as if they're difficult to find or have bad hours, and the LCBO sets up wine vendors in many grocery stores. In short - there's shitloads of liquor in Ontario.

Manitoba has government-run MLCC Liquor Stores, like the LCBO, but private beer sale laws which allow what are essentially bar/hotel off-sales but with regular store fronts.

And if Trudeau legalizes marijuana sometime, you can avoid all of the they're-going-to-sell-pot-to-our-children bullshit by selling it through the LCBO. If people trust them to responsibly sell alcohol, they can sell weed. More public revenue.

One thing I hate about the Beer Store, is that they keep everything cold. That's an enormous waste of energy. Do most people actually start drinking soon after they buy the beer? I would think it's far more likely that people just buy it ahead of time and keep it in their garage or whatever.

• Locked thread