Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
"No, I'm not vaccinating my child/pet, because vaccines contain autism drugs/acid/only need to be given once and then they're fine (pet exclusive response)!"

Go catch the plague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't it still "in production"?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

brotato posted:

I love the idea that legally required rabies vaccines gave my cats autism.

I've heard that response from colleagues in other practices, but it sounds more like STDH to me. Usually you get the "it's acid!" or "they only need it once!" with pets.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Not suggesting that this is the case here, but I've found that 80% of the time when I hear this type of fashion advice it's coming from someone in a tshirt with a hole in the armpit.

Look, it's really easy to get holes there, okay? There's like four different seams meeting there.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I post pictures on tumblr of my work stuff sometimes (student vn) and the one and only time I was called out for not posting a trigger warning was pretty legitimate. It was a gory picture of eye surgery, I think? Made me cringe too, so I didn't mind putting a note on. There are definitely some people on there that take it way too far. I'm sure I've seen a tw for glitter.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Less cute was the backlash of that where people said it was offensive to tag food for Ramadan as it implied that Muslims didn't have the restraint to not eat food if they saw photos of it.
Tumblr! :argh:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

There's communities of women on the internet that believe that certain celebrities are in fake relationships. One of the stupidest communities is the one dedicated to "outing" Benedict Cumberbatch's allegedly fake marriage to Sophie Hunter, who have a child together and have been married for a year now, I think?
I follow someone who mocks these women and some of the poo poo they spout is mindblowingly dumb. Apparently, their baby is a doll. Also they're both on hella drugs and have been paying off practically the entire planet to avoid their fake marriage being revealed.

It's the sort of thing where you want to see how deep the rabbit hole of insanity goes, but you threw a rock down there and you haven't heard it land yet.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

flosofl posted:

You know I'll give the "false flag" conspiracies credit. At least their conspiracies are all towards some goal or end-game.

But this stuff... I can't even wrap my mind around even the most twisted logic to come up with "fake relationships". I mean what's the motivation? What possible goal is in mind with it?

and yes, I know it's "because if it weren't for the fake relationship, I'd totally have a chance with this person"

I think it's less "I'd totally have a chance with them!" and more "EVERYTHING YOU DO SHOULD BE FOR MY ENJOYMENT AND HAPPINESS"

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Within the show Supernatural there are a series of books called Supernatural (which were written by God) and detail the adventures of the characters, brothers Sam and Dean Winchester. Those books have a cult following and the fans are based on the real-life fans of the show. In the show, the protagonists discover the concept of "Wincest", which is what Supernatural fanfiction writers (both within and without the show) call stories where the brothers have sex with each other.

In a later episode, a monster is attacking students at an all-girls school that's putting on a musical written by one of the students and based on the Supernatural books. The brothers are played by two girls who are in a relationship with each other (in the show, not in the musical within the show).

In another episode, the brothers visit a sort of alternate reality where Supernatural is a TV show and the actors hate each other.

I don't think they've ever directly addressed the crazy fans who think the actors are involved in a secret relationship.

My God tiggum, you have a ridiculously nerdy knowledge of everything.
I'm almost impressed, but mostly weirded out.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

We don't need an AI god to torture us; this thread is torture enough.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I couldn't get through the video because of the constant teeth-sucking and cringing. She cringes every few seconds like someone just said something really stupid and she's too polite to say anything about it.

Except she's the one saying stupid things.

*sucks teeth* Yeah it's a really grating habit to have *cringes* and it makes her look incredibly condescending *sucks teeth* which doesn't help her case at all because instead of listening to her, *cringes* I'm just consumed by the desire to kick her rear end.
*cringe*

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Amanda Palmer wrote an extremely cool song about how if you shave, generally, you look like a small child and anyone who finds you attractive is a pedophile

I'd hope that small children did not have large breasts.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Practical Demon posted:

Overweight people can't have preferences? She wasn't yelling at guys with hairy legs. She just stated what she liked.

I think it was the wording that she'd never date someone with leg hair, when fat people often can't really afford to be picky about partners due to their unconventional appearance.

Disclaimer: I'm a fatty fat fat, so please don't white knight fat people at me because I said fat people aren't given much choice in partner.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

You mean less cute.

Nothing is cuter than dogs.

This is some stupid poo poo.
Everyone knows that animals in general are the most adorable things to grace this planet. Humans excluded because we're just gross assholes.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Christo posted:

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, especially when they act like it is literally unbelievable that you have not seen a particular piece of media. Nothing ruins a perfectly good conversation than that gobsmacked expression followed by "You HAVEN'T seen Movie X?! How have you never seen it! Oh my God, I'm forcing you to watch it so this great injustice can be undone!" I get it, its a good movie. Great even. I might have even been interested in checking it out at some point but that sort of reaction puts me right off.

I get this reaction every time I tell people I've never watched a Star Wars film. They're just not my thing!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Adequate posted:

But... how can you know :psyduck:

Well, when I say I've never watched one, I mean I've never watched one in its entirety. I've seen snippets of the various films, and they just didn't interest me.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

You haven't seen Star Wars?! Wha- But- how- I don't- Are you even chipped? Have you even been synchronized?! You're not even feeling the mode, are you!

That's a really good impression of an overbearing Star Wars fan tbh. Is it a reference to the films or something?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

TheKennedys posted:

Texans are almost as bad about jackalopes. I found some sort of midget deer skull with antlers one time that my friend immediately borrowed and tried to convince everyone was a jackalope skull.

A number of our mutual friends greater than zero believed him.

Jackalopes exist inasmuch as there are sometimes rabbits with weird tumorous growths that look like deformed antlers.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

radiatinglines posted:

The "greatest harm" from third hand smoke, now that's what I call loving relativity. It's not like my mom has one set of clothes she never washes that are veritably SOAKED IN TOXINS, either. I feel like you're trying to raise awareness about the horrors of ~third hand smoke~ and that's almost noble, but honestly I'm living in reality and unless the baby is hoovering up Denny's carpet I think it will be fine. No need for anyone else to try to one up the thread's hatred for cigarettes.

Why are you so angry at us about how your sister in law decides to raise her child? Take this poo poo up with her.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

You're the guy who thinks basic astronomy is a very rare and esoteric knowledge, right?

Buddy, you have a redtext saying that racism doesn't exist. Don't be trying to drag up other people's shame posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

I just found out the Overwatch background story involves something like this:

1: AI happens.
2: Conflict between AIs and humans.
3: As a peace gesture the Australian government gives its local AIs their own land, apparently in the middle of the outback.

Here's the stupid:
4: Doing that displaced the people living in the outback.
5: Those people formed a guerrilla group.
6: The guerrillas blew up the robot base, but in the process irradiated THE ENTIRE OUTBACK.
7: This is somehow a problem.

It's stupid because the outback is a desert the size of Europe. There's barely anyone out there. Some robots aren't going to somehow take up the whole outback, forcing out all like all 2000 people who live there. You're not going to irradiate the whole thing in one go, and if you somehow do who gives a poo poo? It's desert.

It's a story, buddy. It's not real.

• Locked thread