Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Ben Carson
Jeb! Bush
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Rand Paul
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I feel sorry for the kid with the bush sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

HyperPuma posted:

the genetic superiority lines trump keeps dropping are really... curious

Trump is an Aryan?

No wonder he reminds me of Hitler at times.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

you sir, are a bottom bunk wanker

and if that's not an upgrade in status from top bunk wanker then i rescind my statement

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

good genes, good genes. wharton - wharton, they only let smart people in there. you have to be smart, really smart. only the smartest get in! we have stupid people - really dumb, just dumb people, leading us right now. we need smart people leading us, making deals again. you look at china, they have smart people. i was talking to carl the other day....we need smart people!

good genes though. the best. my daughter, ivanka - have you seen her? the best genes. if she wasn't my daughter...i mean, just the best. just the best genes in her.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
This commercial break is insanely long whyyyyyy

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I just want to remind everyone that Trump gave the same New York values answer on With All Due Respect a few hours before the debate and all Ted Cruz had to say in his New York values explanation was that those noble firefighters and first responders are not what he is referring to when he talks of New York values.

I legitimately think that that one exchange has lost Cruz Iowa. Incredible mismanagement by his campaign staff to not update that answer to vaccinate (heh) against Trump's obvious line of rebuttal.

Oh and: HEIL BABY HITLER

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
And there's another debate in 2 weeks. It's a knife fight now but only until someone pulls a gun.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Bass Bottles posted:

This commercial break is insanely long whyyyyyy

Oh I guess they just cut the stream off early.

What did Cruz say?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Scott Forstall posted:

And there's another debate in 2 weeks. It's a knife fight now but only until someone pulls a gun.
This is the greatest country on earth. It really is. Nothing else in the world is this entertaining. I thrive on it. I get high off of it
Who needs drugs when every four years you can go on the trip of a lifetime?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Oiled and Ready posted:

I just want to remind everyone that Trump gave the same New York values answer on With All Due Respect a few hours before the debate and all Ted Cruz had to say in his New York values explanation was that those noble firefighters and first responders are not what he is referring to when he talks of New York values.

I legitimately think that that one exchange has lost Cruz Iowa. Incredible mismanagement by his campaign staff to not update that answer to vaccinate (heh) against Trump's obvious line of rebuttal.

Oh and: HEIL BABY HITLER

excluding the responders to 9/11 would make the meaning of ny values too obvious, though, and he knew it. he really just put himself in a corner and trump demolished him for it. god, trump's going to level him with that talking point for months.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Cruz should have just said "liberal values", which is what he means, instead of "New York Values", but he's an rear end in a top hat.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is the greatest country on earth. It really is. Nothing else in the world is this entertaining. I thrive on it. I get high off of it
Who needs drugs when every four years you can go on the trip of a lifetime?

DEA needs to schedule this poo poo before some fool goes around trying to operate heavy machinery high on Trump Talk

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbgoAchOhEk

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Abel Wingnut posted:

excluding the responders to 9/11 would make the meaning of ny values too obvious, though, and he knew it. he really just put himself in a corner and trump demolished him for it. god, trump's going to level him with that talking point for months.

This is the Republican primary. Not making things "too obvious" is an abject failure.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Does criticizing New York really not go down well in Iowa? I thought rural folks always had a stick up their butt about uppidity urbanites.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
Ted Cruz is a Canadian conspiracy.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Vegetable posted:

Does criticizing New York really not go down well in Iowa? I thought rural folks always had a stick up their butt about uppidity urbanites.

:911:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

mr sulu, evasive maneuvers

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Vegetable posted:

They do but 9/11

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Good God does Neil Cavuto not have a telegenic personality AT ALL. Why does this guy have his own show?

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

HyperPuma posted:

the genetic superiority lines trump keeps dropping are really... curious

next thing he'll tell us he doesn't poo poo or take pisses

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
What page of the thread can I see the response to the New York Values smack down?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Big surprise: Frank Luntz' focus group is 100% total morons

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

The Lord of Hats posted:

What page of the thread can I see the response to the New York Values smack down?

starts on 54

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I missed the debate, can anyone give me a rundown on the very stupidest thing(s) said?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

The Lord of Hats posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760069&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=55

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit

Vegetable posted:

Yeah, the idea that Iowa is country full of salt of the earth farmers isn't actually a thing. Iowa is actually becoming mostly a tech and finance state. I mean, farming is still a big part of the Iowa economy but it's been steadily decreasing for years.

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit

Pick posted:

I missed the debate, can anyone give me a rundown on the very stupidest thing(s) said?

Sure, here you go. Literally the entire debate was very stupid things being said.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump won obviously. even enemy kraut hammer said the New York response was epic

I know I will be tuning into el rushbo tomorrow to hear his take

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I am just now catching up on the debate but i'm a little dissapointed we haven't immortalized "Now you got Europe." in a thread title.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

I passed out on the floor from 2 nyquil gelcaps during the debate and they started replaying it at 3 AM on the stream. It gave me some really bad dreams.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

next thing he'll tell us he doesn't poo poo or take pisses

I heard the first time he golfed he shot 18 holes in one in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Read the transcript last night. Holy poo poo the questions were loaded with such alarmism. gently caress off Fox Business.

Edit: also what the gently caress is this

quote:

Governor Kasich, we are not even two weeks into this stock trading year, but (inaudible) investors already lost $1.6 trillion in market value. That makes it the worst start to a new year ever. Many worry that things will get even worse, and that banks and financial stocks are particularly vulnerable.

Now, if this escalates, like it did back when Barack Obama first assumed the presidency, what actions would you take if this same thing happens all over again just as, in this example, you are taking over the presidency?

That fiction is still being peddled?

• Locked thread