Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

I have literally never seen a public figure make a "good" public apology in the eyes of anyone so what exactly makes a good apology?

Some apologies are legit crap, but yeah it seems that people sometimes will settle for nothing less than a Persona 5 style change of heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

400 was like a podcast version of Scott's Tots, and I will forever love it for that.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I live for Arby's curly fries

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

How's the mouth feel?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

There are plenty of D&D enemies that straight up halve or are immune to physical strikes. He'd still do the acid and fire damage but that's a lot more manageable.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The live shows have been much better lately- I think Griff is slowly figuring out how to better pace them, and I really dig that there is a slowly forming "new" plot.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Modern Leper posted:

It's hard to tell how much of that is just him keeping it fresh for himself and how much of it is actually legal advice about avoiding something to close to the actual song.

Quoting Immigrant Song isn't helping that part either!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

House Hunters is Good

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Colonel Whitey posted:

I don’t really agree, you can come up with all kinds of different characters even if everyone’s just a human. In fact he has, he just hasn’t imbued them with any kind of unique personalities. Most of the more involved NPCs are Sylvanians, but they’re just kind of boring. Billy is the most fun character and he wasn’t even supposed to be anything.

This. The fact that every NPC has the potential to go into a momentum-stopping Heartfelt Monologue (TM) does not play well to Griffin's strengths at all. It's why I'm starting to skip Adventure Zone until an arc is wrapped up. It makes that sort of thing much more tolerable.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Yeah after that episode I didn't really listen to anything else if this arc, I didn't really like any of the characters especially Aubrey. Did it get any better? Now that there's a bunch of episodes I figure it might be more digestible as a binge

That's exactly what I do. I don't think I could handle amnesty with 2 weeks between episodes. I go through an arc at a time and it helps a ton.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah, I agree. I think one shots with other systems could be a lot of fun, but it would also allow them to test new material out. I'm pretty sure they're moving back to Dust after Amnesty, but if enough thought gets put in beforehand I don't see why Justin couldn't try DMing some stuff at a live show.

There's plenty of ways for the live shows to still be a unique experience without it going back to Balance. Still though, yikes at 80 dollar tickets. Now I know why they're not coming back to Dallas.

Is that really why they won't be coming back to DFW? Usually they don't straight up say they're never returning.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Oh I'm sure they'll be back at some point, I'm just being dramatic.

Haha, gotcha.

I'd be more than happy to blame SMU if that was indeed a factor, though.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Nooooow
It's
Time
For
T H I N G S
I
S T O L E
F R O M
S H E E T Z

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Pity on all of you who do not have a Raising Canes.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

um excuse me posted:

Is this something you really want to big back up? Seemed like everyone was ready to move on.

Get dunked on loser

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

MBMBAM 420 when

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Petals is weird. It has some INCREDIBLE standout moments (Merle seducing the vines, the elevator scene, doing a murder, the gang infiltration, Garyl), but for whatever reason those parts don't really add up to as amazing as a whole as, say, 11th hour.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I like Munch Squad but I think it could be better curated. Well that's my opinion thanks for reading!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The second parts almost universally require human interaction to be memorable, unfortunately.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

buddhist nudist posted:

Monster Factory didn't follow a schedule when Griffin and Justin were getting a steady paycheck from Polygon and it sure as hell won't now.

That's not fair, it's been more less monthly for quite a while now. That said yeah there is always a little slippage.

There may also just not be a viable game out right now. The 2 parters are already pushing it as-is.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Amnesty prequel from last week is absolutely phenomenal as well.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

roomtwofifteen posted:

What on earth is the Frasier TW for? Mel Gibson I can at least divine a reason for but I’m at a loss for Frasier.

Trauma involving tossed salad and scrambled eggs.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I do think that Travis in particular has gotten, for lack of a better word, much more twee over time. In the earlier eps has MUCH more subdued and direct.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

So how likely is it that COVID pushes back the delay of Trolls 2 indefinitely?

That would honestly be a perfect punchline to the whole saga.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Reaverbot posted:

I know I’m way behind everyone else when it comes to TAZ, but I’m making my way through the last 10 episodes of Amnesty and over the past like, 3, it’s actively made me want to stop listening entirely. The monster hunting concept of it felt like it was the biggest case of squandered potential ever and the plot lines itself were never as fun as Balance, but I felt like it had good aspects to it that made it enjoyable enough to keep going.

But these last few episodes feel like they have completely released all dramatic tension that the show managed to build up to at that point and now it’s back to everyone constantly being separated and hammy pre-recorded narrations and I find myself just impossibly bored. Is there anything worthwhile left to it or should o just skip to Graduation (which everyone also seems to hate)?

FWIW, I liked the final arc because the crew was together a lot more. What part are you on?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I thought the shapeshifter in Amnesty was pretty good

This, and I liked the doofiness of the chain demon in these last few eps

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The LMM ep is good, everyone needs to stop being whiny little pissbabies

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

thecluckmeme posted:

I didn't know what this was, I went and googled it, and as a person who only listens to mbmbmam while driving: I would be dead in a ditch.

I'm still crying laughing, holy poo poo

McElroy ads are set up brilliantly (for them).

If it's just one brother? Skip it.

If it's all of them? You don't know whether you're getting some normal ad reads or the best part of the episode, so you may as well listen just in case!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Don't summon sexpests to the thread.

What is it with assholes failing upward on YouTube? Nick gets outed as a creep on Twitter, Jontron outs himself as a white supremacist, and both somehow end up more popular with more views on every video than the companies they left/got fired from.

There is no way Jontron is more popular than Game grumps.

...right? :psyduck:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

prayer group posted:

Am I the only one who hated the Count Donut bit last week? Justin already had his mic accidentally set to ASMR mode, and that combined with his chronic wet mouth syndrome and how far back in his throat his vampire voice lives made for an incredibly unpleasant listening experience. I felt like I was inside his mouth for the last thirty minutes of the episode.

keep going I'm almost there

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

gotta assume the streaming platform gets a decent cut.

Still, say that they each get $1 from the cut, still a fantastic little payday.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The shot from the message episode with the vape guy's reaction was also PERFECT.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

AndrewP posted:

I dunno, they're kind of in no mans land when it comes to sports teams, aside from Marshall.

Eh, I think they're in the Cincy sports market. That has its own sets of problems, but still. :v:

Austin SHOULD have a pro team at this point, but I don't think the other Texas cities would sign on at this point.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

For what it's worth, the latest episodes have been the best in a LONG time for me. Good goofs with wacky NPCs, no weepy monologues, and they all seem to be having fun.

Now, is it worth slogging through stuff to get there? I'm sure binging helps a lot with that, but I don't know how much free time you have.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Travis and Brent WERE roommates in college though, so

Gives a whole new meaning to Boomer Sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The song is so Persona 4, no wonder at least Griffin loved it.

Also, excellent Money Zone this week!