Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I just read everything that was translated so far over the weekend. Fun series, and I like all the main characters! But I have no idea whatsoever where they're going now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
He is not a bird... because he is a dragon

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think the manga really needed to explain why Helck is so powerful and everything. But i'm glad his reaction to it is "I don't really care".

But someone needs to explain to Asuta that Piuy is not a bird.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Turns out it was goatse's fault all along.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This turned out to be one hell of a comedy manga :stonk:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That was... lovely. Good job mangaka, because those last few pages had me laughing for half a minute in real life.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I can't claim to be the one who spotted this, but if you have a second re-read chapter 32.

http://bato.to/reader#1ccc97170615d3b8

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Aurora posted:

Piwi was humming and it calmed down Helck vs that shadow knight

Yeah. So Piwi's powers were not only foreshadowed, they were pretty much explicit! But when you first read it you think Piwi is singing to calm himself down and Helck just beat the poo poo out of the other guy.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rushi posted:

i randomly clicked this thread earlier today and I'm a little over 20 chapters in (I haven't read manga for years years years), this manga is chill and good and funny and cute. I am happier than before clicking on thread.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rushi posted:

i know i am lame and jaded and its weird that this sticks out to me but, i like that its about cute demongirls/demonpeople and not forcing pervy fanservice nonstop...or am I crazy or is has it not really been at all? i like all the tiny animals and funny demonpeople. i just feel like i'm on a gentle balance of fist of the north star back and forth with animal crossing and i finally feel alive

No, I agree, this is refreshingly light on fanservice. It holds up pretty well on a second read too... actually some of the sillier parts play better that way.

I still think it drags in the later chapters a bit but, all told, good epic manga.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I don't want anything bad happening to the singing moss thing, okay? :argh:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Uh, shouldn't someone be paying attention to the bird!?!

This chapter has a "Oberyn taunting the Mountain" air to it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

mossyfisk posted:

I've gotten pretty tired of the constant escalation in this, now. Most chapters feel like a chore to slog through in hope of reaching the end.

I think that’s fair. For me the budding Anne/Helck friendship was always the highlight; the action chapters have always kind of dragged.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ah! Azudora has enhanced Helck with the "all dimensions technique," so Helck can punch every possible incarnation of Mikaros at once and finally be done with it

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I agree.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

RatHat posted:

The Will of the World being a thing you can actually "defeat" is dumb.

Maybe the translation is a bit off?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I hope it ends with our three travelers going on further adventures :3:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Well I hope it at least has a conclusion and builds up to that instead of just stopping out of the blue like the T-rex manga.

Ha, well, after looking at it today the most recently translated chapter was 105, so it sounds like one chapter and probably two epilogue extras are all that's left. :(

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mr. Fowl posted:

It turns out that the real hero was the junk we picked up along the way.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hmm. The translator on batoto is saying that there will be a sequel.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yeah, I think when it's the trio just wandering around with Helck occasionally punching something, the comic works really well.

Action arcs? Not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hey, so... who actually won the Demon King tournament?

• Locked thread