Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rondino
Mar 5, 2008
http://tohoanimationstore.com/shop/g/gTASG00081/

Already sold out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondino
Mar 5, 2008
It's a dialect, kind of. It's not consistent with any real life dialects, but it sounds somewhat like kansai-ben.

That's how her voice actor described it, anyways. I don't know the exact properties of all the different Japanese dialects.

Rondino
Mar 5, 2008
Are you talking about this tweet from Shihoru's VA?
https://twitter.com/teruiharuka/status/688749847201972224
I think she's referring to recording dialogue for the bath scene at the end of episode 2 that was never used (because it was actually for the blu-ray exclusive footage that hadn't been announced yet).

They're definitely trying to promote the band, though. This show is the first thing they've done.

Rondino
Mar 5, 2008
The first blu-ray went on sale today, and is now out of stock on Amazon. I don't think it's selling in astronomic numbers, but it seems to have at least beaten the expectations of the people producing it. Hopefully there's a second season eventually, the series is really just getting started in the first two novels the anime is covering.

Also, I want my copy to get here so I can read the bonus mini-novel. Apparently it's about the original 6 party members getting turned into goblins.

Rondino
Mar 5, 2008
Oh, yeah it's just a weird gimmick. The end is "but it was all a dream." I would hope they wouldn't put any huge reveals in an 80 page book that only comes attached to a $60 blu ray.

Rondino
Mar 5, 2008
It's one of those terms that is written in normal Japanese with an English reading. The Japanese writing just means "king of the undead". The skills/spells with English words as names are like this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondino
Mar 5, 2008
I think I saw a graph somewhere that implied anime has been diversifying its revenue lately, but the disc sales are the only real numbers the general public has access to. And yeah, each individual disk is ~$60 and only has two episodes on it, so they add up.

• Locked thread