Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint
I remember playing this as a kid and getting lost a lot because the game expected you to go along some really weird, hidden and/or unintuitive path so I'd end up throwing on noclip and sequence breaking all over the place. And I vaguely recall going through a tutorial mission that introduced a camera gadget that let you peak through doors and around corners and then it never showed up in the campaign at all (I might be mixing it up with some other shooter from that era though).

Also, your gun is on the left, what devilry is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Lacedaemonius posted:

Aside: Is Latvia really like this? It looks cold as balls and full angry men with guns.

Dunno about Latvia but the idea of someone having an armed force this large equipped with military small arms and armored vehicles isn't actually that far out there. Looking at nearby Ukraine about a year ago a business dispute between two Oligarchs (read crime bosses) lead to one of them calling in his paramilitary forces from the front to act as his private enforcers. And while they don't have nukes those guys do have equipment on par with a mechanized infantry unit including artillery and IFV's and are several thousand man strong. Considering the general state of corruption in Ukraine I'm sure if you pay the right people you can also buy MBT's + ammo, no questions asked. So if they changed the place of the mission to Ukraine they'd probably have a more plausible scenario than the missile silo guarded only by scientists in ushankas rather than actual soldiers. :eng101:

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Regarding the flamboyant terrorist leader, he is indeed speaking German, which I guess is supposed to explain why the Germans are after him.

• Locked thread