Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's enemies in this game that can wipe you out in one attack if you don't dodge properly and that's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, yeah it is disturbingly hard. like, i had some close calls in inside story but this game just assfucks you

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

He was so hard I had to actually completely revise my strategy for my second attempt

It's cool

A few times he opened with like 7 attacks in a down and I didn't know what the gently caress.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've been trying to beat Dream Team before I play this and it's so drat slow. It's starting to feel like a slog but I'm in too deep to quit

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

A few times he opened with like 7 attacks in a down and I didn't know what the gently caress.

I think it's the first battle where strategic use of the battle cards plays a big role

You definitely want a speed up on your team so you have more opportunities to attack in between his phases which last forever

But you also want to conserve BP and save a POW Up for the second phase so you can beat Paper Kamek in one go. If Wiggler gets revived you're probably hosed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Regy Rusty posted:

If Wiggler gets revived you're probably hosed.
lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im not playing this that sentence is just funny to me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

im not playing this that sentence is just funny to me
When Wiggler gets back up, he's mad, and he turns red and goes faster. Everyone knows this about Wiggler.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you jump on Wiggler, you'd better finish the job.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wigglers are the most dangerous Mario enemy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wigglers my good friend, from sticker star

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Facing an enraged Wiggler, Mario and Luigi await death.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I think it's the first battle where strategic use of the battle cards plays a big role

You definitely want a speed up on your team so you have more opportunities to attack in between his phases which last forever

But you also want to conserve BP and save a POW Up for the second phase so you can beat Paper Kamek in one go. If Wiggler gets revived you're probably hosed.

Wiggler revived but he ended up killing Paper Kamek during a counter attack. I'm excited to fight all these bosses again in the refight mode.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The fact that this game is hard is just loving awesome to me... I wasn't expecting that at all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Looking for Wigglers body in sticker star was terrible. But I'm glad people here are liking paper jam maybe I should play or before FE Fates arrives.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 24, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It probably depends on your level. All the enemies have levels too and I've been lower than them for a while.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Though there are some really brutal status effects.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah as good as the games are the paper mario series is really easy. especially when you figure out you can cheese it with danger mario

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that fast forward button for cutscenes and dialogue needs to be in every game ever

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to buy this game on Tuesday.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I'm going to buy this game on Tuesday.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I couldn't get into TYD, it just fell flat for me after play SSS which for my money is still the best Mario RPG

i actually own BIS and played through some of it, but bought MH4U shortly after that and welp

alright man.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paper Petey Piranha was a real fucker. I used something like 12 1-Up shrooms because I kept loving up the airplane segments.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

tfw one of your Marios dies right before you counter kill the boss... that's a reset.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The animations in Paper Jam are so good.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Loving this game so far, absolutely just loving it.

One thing though that I keep thinking about a LOT and maybe I should just keep this to my tumblr but:

Have you guys ever though about Mario and Luigi kissing? I mean... A lot.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

LUIGI: Mario, you mess around with dudes, right?

MARIO: Yeah, and...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

LUIGI: Mario, you mess around with dudes, right?

MARIO: Yeah, and...?

• Locked thread