Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I hated Sticker Star since the combat felt insanely hollow compared to the previous games. No leveling up? Are you seroius? And since all attacks are ammunition there's like no point to fighting any of the enemies running around. Add on to that the fact there's hardly any dialogue (something the mario RPG's are usually filled with) and it's one of my most disapointing games of all time.

Paper Jam is really good though. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The fact that this game is hard is just loving awesome to me... I wasn't expecting that at all.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Skeezy posted:

The animations in Paper Jam are so good.

This.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, since you actually explore a 3d world in this game it feels a little more like paper mario.

spending 40% of inside story doing bad rigid 2D platforming inside bowser and all the rooms looking the same was a major turn-off after a while

Ya, when I heard that was the pitch for the game my big question was how theyd continue to maje that interesting for a whole game. Jabu Jabu is a sick dungeon but it would blow if the entire game was like that.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Speaking of stuff going on too long, anyone remember Jokes End from SS? Lol

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Paper Mario rooting on the bros during their fire flower bros move is loving awesome.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The animations in this game are so good, and the fake Italian mario and Luigi shout never gets old to me.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
every paper mario game should have had a dojo guy or something similar. He was loving sick. drat now I wanna play Paper Mario again....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I want physical copies of games so if I break my console I still have a game library in 40 years

• Locked thread