Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Another Person, maybe you were thinking about Beijing and Nanjing when you were talking about the northern capital and southern capital. http://www.ebeijing.gov.cn/BeijingInformation/BeijingsHistory/t1137369.htm

Unrelated, but earlier in the LP you guys were wondering about :

- What type of discs were sold at Beam.
The sign outside says "DVD" so I suppose that's what they sell, rather than blu-ray or what have you.
- The whiskey Date was drinking.
Ballantine's (judging from what I could make out on the label)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
In case you still haven't found where your last client a host is...now that you're back in Kamurocho it seems like the right time to say that Tamao has been waiting for Kazuma right outside Adam since before you left for Osaka. In the classic style of the LP, you two were wondering where someone would be and then ran completely the wrong way. (last hosting ep. before you went to Osaka)

This isn't meant as a dig at your playstyle. I just chuckled when I saw it, but the story moved to Osaka before I had a chance to really say anything.

In other news, good to see you guys are back. I'm really enjoying the LP, since this looks like the sort of game I might enjoy but get burnt out on before getting halfway through the story. It seems to go on forever.
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din! mikeycp!

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

mikeycp posted:

Also we're between recordings right now, so if we haven't shown something you want to see then now's your time to let us know!
It's not something I want to see per se, but in ep. 46, around the 20 minute mark, I noticed a sparkle on the edge of Taihei Blvd. East. It's literally near the barricades that mark the eastern edge of the map. Happy hunting.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

mikeycp posted:

I had to try very hard to overcome the Yakuza 2 curse and I think I've done it.
Welcome back! It's a good thing that the LP was on hiatus for a while. As a fan of the LP, I suffered from Yakuza 2 curse too.

The last few episodes before the hiatus, I watched pretty much everything on 150% or 200% playback speed. This wasn't due to you or AP. The game just started to feel like it was drawing things out and it became a slog. The episode where you guys made no progress. Those drat random battles with an unskippable intro! drat it game, be more clear about what to do and let me beat up goons without having to watch Kazuma's popped collar for the umpteenth time! :argh:

After that, I just didn't have the spirit anymore to keep watching.

Just finished bingewatching from episode 50 onwards right now and it feels pretty fresh again. Good to know we're nearing the end of the game! Personal highlight: seeing some dude named Kurosawa get HEAT moved to "not-death" with a samurai helmet. Twice! In the same episode.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

mikeycp posted:

N-no...it can't be... :negative:
The LP wouldn't have the same charm without all the stuff you ran past. :five: :colbert:

Thesaya posted:

Okay, I have to mention this. Video before last, by the exit to the champion district there was a woman with a marker you didn't talk to and in the latest vid there was another one you ran right by. I know it's way too late now and that watching a video gives you way more chances to notice things than when you're actually playing but drat was it frustrating to watch you go by them.
The girl at the champion district is one I missed myself, but are you talking about the girl on Pink Street North, just south of Beam? (Ep.57 around the 3:15 mark)

Pea
Nov 25, 2005

mikeycp posted:

Also since nobody took up the challenge I made a gif

This gif is magical. In my head, this accurately describes how things went down when you first saw the posts about the missed potential hostesses. :allears:
Maybe it's just me, but it seems the guide on this game has been inaccurate several times? Whenever it says to go someplace in particular, it seems like they actually picked a random spot that was up to a quarter of the map away from where the objective really is. :confused:

Unrelated, but I'm no fan of this endgame. Ryuji goes down like a chump, there's a big reveal about the big bad and the bad guy's plan is too ridiculous for words. And don't even get me started on getting yet another bit of new info on the night Fuma shot a bunch of dudes 26 years ago. So many reimaginings! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
I should have expected a few more twists, I guess. This ending was sufficiently silly and dramatic. It wasn't without bullshit moments, although your reaction to them was pretty priceless.

During the final fight with the Jingweon, there was a health item behind a crate that stood next to the blue container. You could only see the item's aura shine between 4.09 and 4.17. :stare: It's the final fight, what's the point of hiding the health items, devs?!

Anyway, great LP! I enjoyed watching it very much and will be there for the next game. Happy holidays!

• Locked thread