Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Is there a way to remove plants from the alien containment thing? I put some in there and they're all greyed out on the planter menu.

Also, this is a really beautiful game :allears::

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

I really like Jellyrays because they're the coolest-looking thing that doesn't want to murder you (this base isn't actually very deep, I bred all of those and released them outside)

Also, this happened:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

StrangeAeon posted:

So I recently found out that creatures hatched in tanks will not attack each other, and have thus condensed my growing zoo to a single container.

What all creatures have eggs to scavenge so far? I've been trying to find a Reefback egg to no avail.
Most things you can't pick up directly have eggs (also Spadefish do, because :shrug:), but a few of them (reefback, shuttlebug, mesmer, crash, and crabsnake, iirc) don't appear to be implemented completely in the game yet.

Paracelsus posted:

Make Seamoth Perimeter Defense.

Make Seamoth Solar Charger.

Fry sandsharks and biters all day long.
Also zapping reapers when they get in your face makes them gently caress off and if you time it right they won't even damage your moth.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

:stare: I think they added another reaper to the near side of the Aurora, because I have never seen one there before (also I discovered it was there when it tried to attack me while I was in the nearer of those two pieces of wreckage, which was... fun):

I spent a while watching a reaper (the one by the south end of the Aurora, not that one), and they seem to have partially fixed the whole "reapers swimming into the ground" bug (it can swim through sand, but not rock). Also, I watched this one eat a stalker and a shark (I don't know if they did that before). It also leapt out of the water while trying to get me a couple seconds before this picture was taken.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

You can totally juke a reaper, most of the time they just sort of get bored and wander off if they miss you (the rest of the time they come back to gently caress you up :v:).
Pictured: reaper dodging.

Lonos Oboe posted:

Midway on the port side of the Aurora there is a small hole in the hull a few meters under water. The Reapers are mostly around the aft section so you should be ok. Bring a welder and go inside and explore.

U.T. Raptor posted:

:stare: I think they added another reaper to the near side of the Aurora, because I have never seen one there before (also I discovered it was there when it tried to attack me while I was in the nearer of those two pieces of wreckage, which was... fun):

Good luck, man (the hole that leads to the engine room is literally right behind where that reaper is).

Also, I found this crabsquid hanging out at the edge of a mushroom forest, didn't know they even went that close to the surface (I mean, it's 200 meters down, so "close" is relative):

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

The guys making the game are being super pacifist about the enemies. At best you can stun predators even though they can easily kill you. Seems kind of dumb seeing as I can just bump a peeper and it dies but getting shocked by the seamoth doesn't do anything to the bigger creatures.
You can kill the poo poo out of things with a propulsion gun though :v:

Grabbing biters and those obnoxious eyeball crabs and shooting them into a wall/the sky is the best thing :allears:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

I've had stalkers and bonesharks follow and attack me for very long distances.
I had a crabsnake near the abandoned base in the jellyshroom cave come out of nowhere to attack my seamoth when I wasn't even in it. This update made stuff hilariously aggressive.

On another note, this happened somehow:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Solomonic posted:

I wonder if I could figure out a way to build some kind of skyscraper type setup that rose above the water. One tower should be pretty easy but I gotta figure out how to make more and then connect all the stuff without plummeting a thousand miles into the surf.
People have totally done this (and other, crazier things), if you look in the screenshots section on steam.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

There's one main reasons to always come back to your base that you can't replicate in the Cyclops: Water Filtration. It wouldn't surprise me if the end game tech level was based around salted food and big filtered waters rather than the fruit and stillsuit combo that makes it pretty easy. I'm finding myself getting more and more annoyed at stillsuit water as I use the space to stock up on resources.
First they need to make it so the drat water filtration system doesn't use the base's entire power supply to function.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

deathbot posted:

I've only been playing for a little while, and I made my first sea moth! I proudly tossed some cured fish and water into my inventory alongside my medkits, checked all my tools were charged, and headed towards the Aurora. With my new leadlined suit, I knew I could try and turn off the radiation and pick up more supplies from the starter tip guide I read.

When I was close, I disembarked outside the Aurora, all geared up and ready to find my way inside. Then a giant angry sea dragon jumped out of the depths and ate me alive.

10/10 game!
Yeah, there's a lot of reapers around the Aurora now, at least 6 of them at my last count (2 at the front and back, one on the far side and one right by the hole on the near side that leads to the engine room).

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

I haven't played much so I have absolutely no idea where poo poo like the Floating Island is, but after a decent sesh the other night I now have a rebreather, two high capacity oxygen tanks, the radiation suit (and helmet), and some other crap like recharging fins (and made the glide fins too just because) and the repulsion gun. But, I still can't find the goddamn moonpool fragments.
The floating island is west of the Aurora on the surface, it's hard to see unless you get close. I recommend bringing a beacon and marking it.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Three-Phase posted:

Make sure you take:

Extra batteries
Fire extinguisher
Medkits
Welder
Also food. There's water bottles in there, but no food.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Also if you're in the aurora, scan the exosuit, build one, and jump off to the bottom of the blood kelp zone, ideally punching the electrosnake in the face on the way past.

It's a pain to climb back out but it's fun dropping 500m in one go.
Also punch some crabsquids to death. Because gently caress crabsquids.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Vehicles disappear off the face of the earth occasionally, it's a really nasty bug. I lost a seamoth that way (and worse, the maxed out compensator it had equipped), went into a cave looking for quartz and when I came out it was just straight-up gone :iiam:.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Vasler posted:

Can warpers harm you if you're inside the Cyclops? My other question (the burning question) is: what are you supposed to do against these things? They warp you out of your seamoth/PRAWN and can't be stasis orb'd, which is regrettably my default method of dealing with hostile sea life and monsters alike.
throw things at them with a propulsion gun.

Also, ghostrays bestrays :3::

(I spawned a shitload of them around my base with the console. Also a couple of the red version, which are a lot less cute).

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Sep 23, 2016

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Okan170 posted:

Is that a new glass roof section or has that always been there?
It's an observatory.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Gothsheep posted:

Hey, I like Ark, and I play it single player a lot. I find it really similar to Subnautica. You spend most of your time wandering around collecting resources to build up your base, exploring the landscape and dealing with the local wildlife.
Yeah, you can alter the single-player mode to suit your desires (increase the damage you do, decrease the damage you take, jack taming speed way up so it's actually reasonable, etc), so if you want to play Robinson Crusoe On Dinosaur Island you totally can.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Section Z posted:

The biggest annoyance to me when they eventually get around to partially removing terraforming will be tiger plants. As terrain deformation from blasting them with the repulsion gun got rid of them. But with their "When we disable the player terraforming gun, that's essentially terraforming removed :pseudo:" half assing it intentions, that's still enough to leave tiger plants nigh invulnerable pains in the asses until you are attacking plants with an exo suit.
You can pick them up and throw them with the propulsion gun as well. This also works for those rear end in a top hat jellyfish plants that hang from ceilings.

(it's also my favorite way of dealing with biters and those eyeball crabs)

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Night10194 posted:

If they just made sandstone look noticeably different it'd be a much easier issue.
What they should do is remove gold from the sandstone nodes, it's got no business being there in the first place when there's another node type it drops from.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

If you want to get rid of a warper, chuck stuff at it with a propulsion gun. Works with every mid-size creature, really (Small ones you can pick up directly, and throw them into walls or something. Works wonders with biters and those jumping eyeball crabs).

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

They need to add a base module that you can put food into that produces food cubes.
Hell, those already exist (those nutrient bars in your pod at the beginning), just give us a way to make them!

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

Was that a flying monster I saw? Noice.
It's just a skyray, they're all over the place, you just don't usually get a good look at them because they're way up in the sky or fly away as you approach.

They're cute little mothman birds :3:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Admittedly, I only pulled this off because it got trapped in that arch for some reason (after I'd chased it like half a mile from its spawn point south of my base), but I finally killed one with my Prawn :kamina:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

So I started a new save file on my new computer because my old save was ancient.

Also, this reaper at the back of the Aurora really loves leaping out of the water for some reason:

Not to be outdone, this ghost leviathan decided to do it too:

(if you're wondering why it's on the surface in the first place, it chased me all the way from the floating ball area on the seafloor and just sort of... hangs out near the surface now.)

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What would be the best map of the Lost River? Because I'm trying to find the disease facility and it's a bitch to navigate.
Easiest way to find the disease research facility is by taking the entrance near the gun island, it takes you literally past it. Nice open pathway, and no ghost leviathan (there's a little one a good ways in, though. And a reaper leviathan hanging around a mountain near the entrance, but it never comes close to it).

I actually built my base right on the edge of it, in fact:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm pretty sure running out of oxygen due to being lost in wrecks/caves and forgetful is the most common cause of death in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

It was my own fault for making the decision to leave the Cyclops and Prawn down in the lava biome and use the Seamoth and my old seabase for aboveground stuff.
I don't blame you for leaving your sub down there (I did it too, leaving it parked at the entrance of the containment facility forever because gently caress driving that thing back out of there), but there was no excuse for not taking your prawn back through the sea emperor's portal :colbert: