Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Bellwether Station, just outside the Bayou

High society of Malifaux City has had a recent fad for river voyages. The riverboats have always catered to the rich above others, but lately, they've been pulling in scrip hand over fist. The Belle Amour is just one in a line of luxury riverboat cruises promising a tour of a scenic tour through the rustic, beautiful Bayou. Of course, anyone who's ever had to visit the Bayou outside a riverboat knows that rustic mostly means 'muddy and full of hogs and skeeters' but that's for the hoi polloi.

Which would include you. You aren't guests of the Belle Amour - hired guards, maybe, in case of a sudden attack of Gremlins. Or maybe you're there for something more sinister. But one thing is sure: you don't have a ticket unless it's a work pass, and you definitely aren't one of the rich folks lining up to gamble, be entertained and see a wild hog (from a comfortably safe distance). The upper decks are packed with those sorts, in their petticoats and tailcoats. The owner's mingling with them as well, leaving the crew to prepare the boat for the voyage.

The low deck is much less cushy. It stinks of engine oil, soulstone dust smoke and woodworm. The engine's acting up again and venting smoke into the deck instead of the smokestacks. The waterwheels strain against their bonds, but it isn't time to weigh anchor just yet. The porters are still bringing aboard the luggage, which takes up not only the cargo hold but is making its way into other parts of the deck, too, including some of the cabins. Who needs to pack all this for a simple boat trip?

Why are you aboard the Belle Amour? You're all here for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Lizzie

Sure as hell ain't mingling with the rich folk above deck. Hanging out below deck may be smelly and cramped, but maybe I can cover some of the smell of my body with the smell of the oil, the smoke, and the coal, plus in the worse light it might not be so obvious I'm ...what I am.

I'm expecting to find bounty on this trip. There's always one or two down here below the salt that are trying to escape something...or someone.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Simon Burghman

It reeks, it stinks, I'm this close from throwing up. Why am I here again?

Two reasons; One, the Bayou may have swamp, bugs, gremlins and worse, but it really doesn't have much in the way of Guild agents. I can try to better figure out what exactly happened to me and not run the risk of a Guilder breathing down my neck.

The second reason? As much as I really want to stay on the straight and narrow, I do need money. And there's quite a few people up top who'd qualify as, as my folks would have called them, "marks".

I can always add and edit if we want to establish bonds and connections with each other.

pre:
Simon Burghman
Pursuit: Gravedigger
Pursuit Talent: Black Soul

Station:Thief
Bonus skill Pickpocket

Aspects: (2 points spent on Cunning and Speed)
Might: -1
Grace: 0
Speed: 1
Resilience: 2

Cunning: -1
Intellect: 0
Charm: 1
Tenacity: 1

Skills: 
Necromancy 3
Forgery 3
Melee 2
Pistol 1
Stealth 2
Toughness 2
Notice 1
Evade 3
Bonus:Pickpocket 1

FATE:
If you beware oblivion's hand
the melody will be lost within the gutters
but leave your mark in many woes.
The reflection in the water shows the truth 
And You Will Fall

Pursuit: Graverobber

Talents:
Pursuit Talent: Black Soul
Magical Theory Talent: Personal Theory
--No special perks or problems
Specialized Skill: Necromancy (Rams)

Magias:
*Raise Undead
*Physical Enhancement
Immutos:
*Additional Suit
*Increased Duration
*Pulse

Grimore: Some singed metallic gizmo, occasionally clicks and hiccups and forces strange dark magics into poor Simon's head

Defense 5: 2 + the higher of your Evade skill (3) or Speed (1)
Willpower 3: is 2 + the higher of your Centering or Tenacity (1)
Wounds 7: 4 + Toughness skill (2), plus half of Resilience (2) if Resilience is positive
Walk 5: 4 + half of Speed (1)
Charge 5: 4 + Speed (1) (or equal to Walk, if that is higher)
Height: 2
Characteristics: Living, Fated

Equipment: 1 scrip left
Axon & Co. Model 1842 ($2, Range:6, Dam:2/3/4, Capacity:1, Reload 2AP)
--5 reloads
Trail Chaps ($2, Protected (Mask) legs)
Duster ($5, Protected (Rams) Chest)

Twist Deck:
Crows, Rams, Tomes, Masks

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Sun Xihua

On the upper decks, the hoi oligoi amuse themselves. They squander fortunes and idle away hours on frivolities, enjoy unearned luxuries and bemoan setbacks others would count blessings. Such is the way of things, especially in this world. I can picture it in my mind, though I cannot see it. Can imagine the clink of glasses and too-loud babble, though I cannot hear it. I am as far from those elect as I can be and still be aboard the ship.

Just another stoker, in rough work clothes, cap pulled down, eyes properly on the ground. Invisible, to those who think themselves my betters.

But not to those who share the lower decks. They know who I am. And they'll keep me hidden, while I finish my mission.

There is someone else aboard who is not what they seem. A potential ally. Someone who's helped us before, but who's identity has remain secret before now. They've requested a meeting, aboard this ship. I do not know why. But I cannot pass up this opportunity.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Jeremiah D. Lawson

I was on the way for work - overstayed my welcome back in the last town over. Signed on when one of the other guards that was on the boat bought it. Just so happened it was me one to put a bullet in between the eyes of one of the Gremlins about to chomp on one of the rich folk, and thanks to that, here I was. Still keeping an eye out for a few marks -- been tracking someone on the lam, and his lover besides -- doing so from a boat was faster, better view of things. Beats sleeping under one of those hellbent trees with one hand on the ol' widowmaker.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Hanzo Revolver

"Hanzo Revolver" (not his real name of course, but you want a good showy name like that for this kinda work) lounged against the wall, waiting for his charge to finish up. He had been hired by one of the rich to do types on this vessel as an "exotic" personal bodyguard. He wasn't actually expected to do much; spout some Japanese, show off the katana (not that they'd notice it was chipped and half-dull), that sorta thing. He was even instructed not to carry a gun; it'd be too "normal." Make his employer look good, that was the thing. It wasn't an easy job; the man was a boor, an arrogant rear end, easily unlikable, and clearly too rich for his own good.

But his script could be spent like any other.

Besides, Hanzo had a charm about him he could use, and was good enough at half-remembering some of the things his father used to quote. It worked, by and large. For now, Hanzo waited outside the restrooms. Soon enough he'd be carted around and showed off some more like a trophy. Then, once the boat got moving, it'd be time for him to leave the gambling halls; he'd be an eyesore there. Maybe he could head to the lower decks, hobnob a bit with the other poor and desperate and hope they weren't spiteful. His man in the Guild claimed it would be an easy job, and it should be, if somewhat insufferable. But for now, it was waiting at the wall, and silently laughing at the results of too many rich foods on a pathetic digestive system.

pre:
Hanzo Revolver
Allegiance: Guild

Pursuit: Scrapper

Might: -2
Grace: +3
Speed: -1
Resilience: +1

Cunning: -2
Intelligence: -1
Charm: +2
Tenacity: +1

Skills:
Acrobatics 2
Athletics 1
Barter 1
Bewitch 2
Carouse 1
Centering 1
Evade 2
Martial Arts 1
Melee Weapons 3 (Trigger: Rams)
Notice 1
Pistols 2
Toughness 1

FATE:
When you ignore the crimes of the guilty
you will take heed of the ancient lessons
and you will surrender to the inferno's embrace.
She twists the truth like a blade in your gut
and the blood that spills shall cleanse you.

Talents:
Pursuit Talent: Bloody Minded
Flick of the Wrist

Defense: 4
Willpower: 3
Wounds: 6
Walk: 4
Charge: 4
Height: 2
Characteristics: Living, Fated

Equipment:  Daito, Duster, Trail Chaps, Trail Gloves, 1 script

Twist Deck: Rams, Tombs, Masks, Crows

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I hate to do this, but I am gonna have to call this game - in the length it took between prep and actual game, I lost my notes. I've spent all day hunting for them, but they are flat gone, and I don't remember my plans. I will try this again in a few months, but I need time to work out what I wanted to do again. I will tap you all for first go in that game, when I do run it, and you won't need to make new characters unless you want to.

Sadly, though, TtB is not one of the games I can run seat of my pants.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Mors Rattus posted:

I hate to do this, but I am gonna have to call this game - in the length it took between prep and actual game, I lost my notes. I've spent all day hunting for them, but they are flat gone, and I don't remember my plans. I will try this again in a few months, but I need time to work out what I wanted to do again. I will tap you all for first go in that game, when I do run it, and you won't need to make new characters unless you want to.

Sadly, though, TtB is not one of the games I can run seat of my pants.

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Aww, alright.

• Locked thread