Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
in the og x-com you'd be toast if it was the alien turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Your true downfall was the lack of expendable rookie scouts with primed Hi-Ex.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The important thing is that you had fun.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

This is what MarveXCOM has done to us

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Maybe Xenonauts 2 will be amazing.

Aren't the LW guys making one too?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kris xK posted:

they claimed that's the goal when they peaced after LW2 was done but nobody has heard anything since that moment. green-field development is substantially more complicated than modding, and the long war team's weak point was always handling that complexity. i said at the time that i had real doubts that they'd ever deliver something and it's been...like 4 years? question mark? since then?

i wouldn't hold your breath is my point.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If MarvCom* was going to be announced wouldn't it have happened already? The only real conference left is Nintendo after all.

*It's just XCOM but all your guys are named Marv.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it's already been announced, we just have exactly zero details on it so who the hell knows what it's about.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Take Two conference just started so if/when they announce it it’s going to be on this.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006

Kris xK posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1176470/Terra_Invicta/

This is what they're working on.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Coolguye posted:

it's already been announced, we just have exactly zero details on it so who the hell knows what it's about.

Not officially, it was leaked. And supposedly Take Two aren't actually announcing anything new at their conference, though they could have just been lying about that. :shrug:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mordja posted:

Not officially, it was leaked. And supposedly Take Two aren't actually announcing anything new at their conference, though they could have just been lying about that. :shrug:

oh gotcha, my bad

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Ohgod they've gone full Apocalypse.

Alright Xeno2, dont suck

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Only got the chance to skim through, but it looks decent enough, it looks like one of those "five million mechanics and I dont know what any of them do" games that I frequently get an itch for

Yes I do love Shadow Empire no I'm not good at it

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I have a distinct impression they may have scrubbed their E3 thing.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

soulmata posted:

Look at this hateful jerk laying in to coolguy for a totally out of context clip from a stream intended to be at least somewhat humorous. The whole point was showing off the absurd sprinting abilities of the Fun Lancer and the fact how funny it is to watch his dude get dunked on from the shadows in a single hit. You could have just said something like "RIP in peace", but no, you immediately have to try and go into detail about how much he must suck for his terrible play and flex all over him that obviously you know how to play his game better than him. Well, as he said, that's me playing, not him. And it's a co-op stream where chat participants pick their characters upgrades regardless of skill or merit, I get as tipsy as possible while still able to play on stream, I limit myself to (loosely) 180 seconds per turn to keep things moving, and the priority is on having a good time.

But, since you seem to want to flex all over him, we can play a bit of one up if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWQ1FCHMo80
^ This is me playing a Legend, Ironman, Grim Horizon campaign with 0 Deaths and 0 Missions Failed or Skipped. It is, after all, rather trivial to do if you are even a semi-decent player. So, here's my challenge to you. Unless and if you can do the same, you aren't really qualified to crap all over my play. So do the same, and then I'll accept your criticism and defer to you, the obviously superior player, because you are better at crapping all over twitch clips.

I'll even do it again on live stream vs you if you want, a friendly competition, since you think my play is so bad and all.

Aw man I was just trying to be sassy and poke fun but I think it came off like I wanted to swing my dick all over the XCOM thread I will take my deserved lumps with what I hope is poise as I haven't beaten Legend Ironman nevermind Grim Horizon.

Stun lancers are indeed bullshit.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Danaru posted:

Only got the chance to skim through, but it looks decent enough, it looks like one of those "five million mechanics and I dont know what any of them do" games that I frequently get an itch for

Yes I do love Shadow Empire no I'm not good at it

It is one of my most anticipated games of this year, as PDX style grand strat mixed with XCOM is a perfect combo, it's basically a Council of nations simulation mixed with physics based space combat.

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 14, 2021

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Aw man I was just trying to be sassy and poke fun but I think it came off like I wanted to swing my dick all over the XCOM thread I will take my deserved lumps with what I hope is poise as I haven't beaten Legend Ironman nevermind Grim Horizon.

if this doesn't end with at least one of you sticking your dick in a flask, i will be very disappointed

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

If we don’t get 2x dicqueflasque out of this, then MarvXCOM will be a commercial success and there will be seven years of a disarkness

soulmata
Jun 19, 2019

BOOSTIN BOOSTIN BOOSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

Tom Tucker posted:

It's all good. I cordially invite you to our stream next Wednesday @ 8PM PST if you want to come watch us fail and feed more Rangers into the meat grinder.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

one of those rangers will probably be Timmy Bear II: Brimley Harder

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

no wait

TJ "NOVOLIN" PAWS - CAPTAIN DIABETES

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

tonight was a fuckin RIDE

https://clips.twitch.tv/AdventurousSmoothPoxSwiftRage-FSSKQo5VBn5A_42d

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Look at this gamer, running blindly into the fog of war and waking multiple pods. Listen man if you think you're good enough to stream you should know basic gameplay!!

Also I had the Assassin do that once, except she runs so fast she ran well past all bounds of the map and was well into 'featureless flat land' territory. Was half afraid I was going to have to go find her.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-and-humankind-will-be-using-denuvo/

The continued debasement of the brand will probably not be good for marvelcom.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

StratGoatCom posted:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-and-humankind-will-be-using-denuvo/

The continued debasement of the brand will probably not be good for marvelcom.

Goes hand in hand with their comic management, so not really surprising.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i have a hankering to play some xcom, did anyone ever mod playable alien defectors into xcom 2? or make a proper xcom game out of chimera squad?

it feels like since its canon now that aliens did defect, you should be able to have some sectoid or muton homies in xcom 2.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i have a hankering to play some xcom, did anyone ever mod playable alien defectors into xcom 2? or make a proper xcom game out of chimera squad?

it feels like since its canon now that aliens did defect, you should be able to have some sectoid or muton homies in xcom 2.

Yeah, Playable Aliens is a mod Reality Machina did that gets you Sectoid, Muton, Vipers and Andromedons iirc with specific missions and the ability to recruit them outright from a fourth faction alongside the Templars/Reapers/Skirmishers

Recently Kiruka has taken and massively expanded it for Long War, adding Faceless/Berserkers/Archons and a ton of mod enemies (Naja/Sidewinders, 5 new Muton flavors, a bunch of Ice themed dudes from the new Frost Legion mod which use Chimera Squad models). It is Long War of the Chosen only however.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Zore posted:

Yeah, Playable Aliens is a mod Reality Machina did that gets you Sectoid, Muton, Vipers and Andromedons iirc with specific missions and the ability to recruit them outright from a fourth faction alongside the Templars/Reapers/Skirmishers

Recently Kiruka has taken and massively expanded it for Long War, adding Faceless/Berserkers/Archons and a ton of mod enemies (Naja/Sidewinders, 5 new Muton flavors, a bunch of Ice themed dudes from the new Frost Legion mod which use Chimera Squad models). It is Long War of the Chosen only however.

oooo nice, i need to check that out.

did long war ever become fun? i remember it was lovely for xcom 2 for reasons i don't recall. maybe just too grindy, and then they refused to update it for war of the chosen or something?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

juggalo baby coffin posted:

oooo nice, i need to check that out.

did long war ever become fun? i remember it was lovely for xcom 2 for reasons i don't recall. maybe just too grindy, and then they refused to update it for war of the chosen or something?

I play it but I edited the hell out of a lot of the inis to tone down the bullshit because whoa boy.

The team doing it is new and unrelated to Pavonis and has some... weird ideas sometimes about WOTC stuff. I'm not a huge fan of their most recent hero reworks for the Templar and Reaper which pretty radically change them.

For instance, Templars can miss now, don't gain damage or movement with focus and lost Parry and their gun. In return they have a shield secondary which they can use to gain shield with their bonus move, gain focus when they attack instead of kill and have a lot more emphasis on their powers as Shock now has its upgrades baked in, Amplify is a tier 1 power that lets you deal a lot of damage with your next hit etc. Very different from vanilla.

Reapers lost permanent Shadow in exchange for having it in 2 turn bursts with no detection radius. Additionally they lost the claymore in exchange for throwing knives which don't take you out of stealth when they kill stuff.

By contrast their changes to the Skirmisher are excellent and what the class should have been. Instead of Marauder to shoot twice per turn they start with Hit and Run which refunds you an action if you shoot a flanked enemy. That single change makes them a hell of a lot more powerful and fun and most of their other abilities were buffed.

In conclusion, Long War of the Chosen is a land of contrasts.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the templar changes sound kinda lovely. i'll give the regular playable aliens mod a go, and if i get bored of generic xcom 2 ill probably give long war a go. i just remember the xcom 1 long war turning into suuuuch a slog

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Look if you aren't grinding away forever, skipping impossible missions, and counting tiles as your squaddies inch forward into certain death, are you really playing Long War?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Torchlighter posted:

Goes hand in hand with their comic management, so not really surprising.

And that we're getting on the order of 10 marvel movies in 20 months or so.

Fatigue may be about to set in in a major way.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

maervel xcom was inevitable seeing how nasty the art direction got from 1-2 and its over focus on Epic Hereos(tm) and anime alien garbage that was all over wotc's forced cutscenes/dialogue

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They ought to go back to their roots with... *checks notes* Rob Liefield muscle men fighting purple muscle aliens??

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Basic Chunnel posted:

They ought to go back to their roots with... *checks notes* Rob Liefield muscle men fighting purple muscle aliens??

Yeah if you guys didn't like comic art uh, i mean xenonauts is decidedly not comic art.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Don't kink shame me, it was the way I was raised.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Chimera Squad is about a rude snake with tits

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if there's one mod for CS i need it's one where you can go on a raid to get some antihistamines for director kelly

every time her speaking avatar comes up i am rocked back by how much it looks like she's got a beesting on her lower lip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I love CS but all the death squad characters are Joss Whedony to a extreme degree so yeah I guess full marvel is the next step.

(Brutally murders 20 people and watches a civilian burn alive from a sticky bomb whoopsy) "uh, so THAT happened."