Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I decided to do an XCOM 2 run with only the silly fandom mod soldier classes, and all the base ones (besides the wotc ones) disabled.

Has anyone used any of these things. Are they all super broken OP? If so I'll probably bump up my difficulty to legendary at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

BobTheJanitor posted:

Not sure what soldier classes you're referring to, so it's hard to say. Like if it's the ones from A Better Barracks, no. They're kind of on par or slightly weaker than the defaults due to dumb modder design decisions. But if you're talking about some crazy mod that puts pikachu dressed up as big boss into your game, I have no idea.

Yeah I'm talking about the SPARTAN and SPECTRE and Cyborg Ninja and Jedi and etc. I basically wanna do the dumbest playthrough of xcom 2 with all these highly voted mods that dont fit the game at all.

I guess I'll just test it out and if they're all OP I'll bump up my difficulty settings

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Danaru posted:

Yeah honestly even just reinforcements every TWO turns would be a huge improvement

This is basically what happens in XCOM 2, where you generally have reinforcements touch down, then a turn to handle them, then another reinforcement. The only exceptions are, I think, UFO defenses and Chosen attacks on the Avenger, where after you kill all the original pods and complete the objective, they drop reinforcements every turn.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

UFO missions are pretty easy early on. You get a lot of units to use and the aliens aren't that tough yet. I find they're one of the things that get harder as the game goes on. 2 packs of 2 vipers + 1 advent soldier + 1 sectoid is much easier than 2 packs of 3 andromedans.

That is, if I'm getting my timeline on what should be appearing correct.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I usually keep 2 full squads (with all the gts upgrades) and then a MEC and a psionic or two. and I've never run into huge issues.