Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
I can't believe firaxis farted this out and it's so much better than other recent xcom-likes (mechanicus, mutant year zero). Also cheaper, but I guess firaxis could recycle a lot of assets...like the apc animation just getting reversed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
No, it's just the same animation played in reverse for leaving and coming back, I think? I don't believe that was true of other firaxicoms--i think there were distinct take off and landing animations played for the skyranger.

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Welp, thanks to the law of Bitching About It Online, I finally got a grapple hook breach pop up and cleared the I'll Let Myself In Achievement. All I have left now is the timeline, scavenger market and melee achievements which should be straightforward enough. I love the game but I'm not sure if I love it enough to do the Impossible Difficulty achievement.

Impossible was not a huge step up in difficulty in CS. You lose 1 round of bleed out timer and enemies become harder to one shot. It wasn't as noticeable as the difficulty increase in the other Firaxicoms, though even in those it's mostly an upfront difficulty increase.