Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Colonial Air Force posted:

My young sons enjoy watching me play XCOM 2 to the point that I "had" to make them as characters.

Then one of them was killed by aliens.

:xcom: boys!

Before XCOM was in my life, we did this at school with Oregon Trail.

"Sorry bud, you drowned in the river like an idiot even though it said it was only 3 feet deep"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I successfully did the Tower without having any idea what I was doing, and without magnetic weapons :smug:
I tried the same for the snek den and got :commissar:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I just got the UFO attack for the first time, and an Andromeda showed up for the first time.
I don't have turrets and I save scummed a couple times, but I'm getting worked.

Any tips? As I understand I can't progress unless I destroy the Spike that is cleverly out of grenade range and has 4 full mobs guarding it from turn 1

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

3Romeo posted:

Hey I'm looking for something to tide me over until the new expansion, anyone played Hard West? Worth getting?

As far as turn based tactics, Banner Saga was good, so is Expedition: Conquistador.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

I like when SPARKs have Wrecking Ball, sadly most of mine don't get that far before getting blowed up

My favorite is when they WRECKING BALL right through the car one of your squads was using for cover, blowing it up and dealing damage to both :argh:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

marshmallow creep posted:

"DESIGNATION: LIBERTY PRIME!"

edit: Lol

Soldier Size Slider

Ahaha, I like the idea of a concealed humungous soldier in high cover just standing still while the advent stroll by without noticing

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I just finished my first campaign runthrough. I had no mods
It was a pretty great way to finish by having a ranger pop off a point blank flanked shotgun blast into the last enemy for a 100% critical chance for ~18 damage

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Dongicus posted:

ADVENT Donuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFDSFcyMpFg
You're too rough for Tom

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

XCOM developer: "Why is nobody equipping hazmat vests?"
Other XCOM developer: "I have an idea"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I want it work with SPARKs, so Fry and Bender can be best buds forever

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I never found the mobile cover to be that useful, because anytime you'd use it the enemies would suddenly remember they packed a grenade with them

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

My favorite use of the MECs in EW was to rock-em sock-em punch dudes through walls. I wonder if it would throw off the balance too much to have a melee attack from a SPARK that grabs and squeezes an enemy in a big robo-bear hug, like the Vipers do to your dudes.
It would be nice to have one other way besides freeze grenades and Stasis to lock down a single enemy on a turn and avoid return fire.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

So, how about those snake tits?

TBH I remember laughing about it when the original trailers were revealed, and when I actually played the game after buying it in a sale 6 months ago I had forgotten all about it and never noticed the snake tits in game.
I was too busy baiting the vipers to tongue-grab my Bladestorm equipped ranger. I once had a chain in a single turn of 2 vipers tongue-grabbing that ranger, who instakilled the grabber with bladestorm taking no damage, then the next one grabbed the ranger and the same thing happened.
That ranger won the "did most damage" award that round

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

It was far too late in the game when I realized the magic of Faceoff with bluescreen rounds against sectopods and codexes.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

You gotta have Bradford use Reaper to mop up 15 baby vipers in a single turn on the Snek King mission.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Vasler posted:

I looked through the series of posts on the first page and couldn't find the answer to this question:

I played through the game when it first came out and am now looking to buy the new expansion. Looking at the store page there's (slightly) over $100 of DLC. What DLC, if any, aside from the new expansion is worth purchasing?

Alien Hunters adds new missions and content, including some starter weapons that are really great until you research the next tier of stuff.
Shens Last Gift adds the SPARK class, which is great.
Anarchy's Children and Resistance Warrior is XCOM Barbies for customizing.
Reinforcement Pack is a collection of Shen, Alien Hunters, and Anarchy's Children. That's the one to get

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

All my dudes are wasteland warboyz riding shiny and chrome, and it is exactly how I like it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The civilians have terrible tactical awareness. Oh, let's duck behind this gas tank. Run towards the scary faced aliens. Lemme stand right in the middle here with no cover so you can't rescue me and stay in cover.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Incy posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/268500/achievements

34.6% completion on any difficulty it seems.

Those are always funny to look at.
Rome 2 Total War achievement for "fight a battle", 69% achieved.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Zore posted:

SPARKs have some good voice packs at least.

HK-47, GlaDoS, Geth Prime and some others were v. good in my 5 SPARK Lw2 run i did.

Bender is pretty good.
My favorite line is for low ammo "I'm almost out of bullets, everybody scooch together"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Kanos posted:

I didn't even know that there were haters. Chimera Squad is a $20 game that released at $10 and plays like a $40 game. It's a really fun and complete experience, even if it doesn't have the length and depth of XCOM or XCOM 2.

I just played it outta my backlog and it was a hoot.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Can't make an omelette without turning a few squaddies into goo

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

There have been dozens of popular deckbuilding video games released in the last few years, but only Slay The Spire was good.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

I’m pretty sure xcom2 already is

bradford's beauties

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Jorts and juche

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Kind of surprised that Chimera Squad wasn't released on the Switch. Was just playing it and thought I would like it on the go.

It does seem like a good title for the Switch and mobile platforms in general. Maybe we'll see it there someday.
It's a bummer that so many good Switch ports are not released simultaneously with the other platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Bureau had a really rad Cold War aesthetic but it couldn't save the game