Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I like how both Scott and Danica both spun on the last lap for apparently nostalgia sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Danica was 4-5 car lengths off the back of the 42, with literally nobody behind her, and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Protecting the car" will be the story.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

Danica spins because ????

I think she had a right side go down because she hit the debris field at the top of the track. She was sparking when she slid into the infield.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

did Danica spin out in the top one too

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Cole Whitt finished 17th in his race Gillilland finished 12th in his and neither qualified for the 500 :bravo:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Peanut President posted:

Cole Whitt finished 17th in his race Gillilland finished 12th in his and neither qualified for the 500 :bravo:

I think you mean Josh Wise not Cole Whitt, but yes that was crap. Couldn't hear the broadcast, but I thought for sure Gilliland had locked himself in. I guess if you're one of the slowest cars, you now have to beat BOTH open cars that were faster than you. Seems like that would be almost impossible, especially if the race goes green and single file for almost the whole distance.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
if you're the slowest car, and two cars are faster and you don't beat them, you kinda shouldn't be in the race IMO

the guys going home this year are the slowest cars from this year, so gently caress em

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
oh I'd also like to join hands and say a prayer for SRA today

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think all this qualifying should be replaced with fan voting on the twitter. (At 99 cents a vote France has got to eat!)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

oh I'd also like to join hands and say a prayer for SRA today

Looking forward to him getting stuck all alone and ending up going from first to 35th on the last restart.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Hey guys, I'm going to start a bingo thread later today. I'm getting killed with work and family issues but I will be able to run bingo. I just want to let you guys know because the window is going to be short.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

if you're the slowest car, and two cars are faster and you don't beat them, you kinda shouldn't be in the race IMO

the guys going home this year are the slowest cars from this year, so gently caress em

Please note that both guys finished mid-pack and so therefore were not the slowest cars. I know you're a Paul Menard fan but he should've been sent home.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

VikingSkull posted:

Aah, the IRL Indy 500 logic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can not stress enough how little qualifying speeds matter at RP tracks.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 20, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Boys, Have At It. As long as you do it within the parameters of our very, very subjective new terms and conditions for Members.

...really missed a chance to call them "Players" here. Read on, if you dare:

quote:

“NASCAR membership is a privilege. With that privilege comes certain benefits, responsibilities and obligations. Correct and proper conduct, both on and off the race track, is part of a Member’s responsibilities. A Member’s actions can reflect upon the sport as a whole and on other NASCAR Members. Ideally, NASCAR Members are role models for the many fans who follow this sport, regardless of the type of license a Member may hold, or the specific Series in which a Member may participate. Therefore, NASCAR views a Member’s conduct, both on and off the race track, which might constitute a behavioral rules violations under this Rule Book with great importance.”

a Member action(s) that could result in a mild response such as a meeting, warning, probation:
-- Heat-of-the-moment actions or reactions, either on or off the race track;
-- Member-to-Member confrontation(s) without physical violence (e.g. shoving match, shouting match, or general “venting”).

.b Member actions that could result in a $10,000-$50,000 fine and/or probation:
-- Disparaging the sport and/or NASCAR’s leadership;
-- Verbal abuse of a NASCAR Official, media members, fans, etc.;
-- Intentionally damaging another vehicle under yellow or red flag conditions or on pit road with no one around.

.c Member actions that could result in a loss of 25-50 Championship driver and Team Owner points and/or $50,000-$100,000 fine and/or one Race suspension, indefinite suspension, or termination:
-- Physical confrontation with a NASCAR Official, media members, fans, etc.;
-- Member-to-Member confrontation(s) with physical violence and other violent manifestations such as significant threat(s) and/or abuse and/or endangerment;
-- Attempting to manipulate the outcome of the Race or championship;
-- Intentionally wrecking another vehicle, whether or not that vehicle is removed from Competition as a result.

.d Member actions that could result in a loss of 50-100 Championship driver and Team Owner points and/or $150,000-$200,000 fine and/or two Race suspension, indefinite suspension, or termination:
-- Targeting another driver who is in a highly vulnerable position, such as already stopped with window net lowered; or whose vehicle has already had one or more of its safety systems affected by crash damage, such as an exposed fuel cell, damaged roll cage, and so on.
-- Premeditatedly removing another Competitor from championship contention in a dangerous manner when not racing for position based on the available evidence and specific circumstances of the incident.
-- Without limiting the scope, examples could include a Competitor “waiting” for another Competitor and then taking action; taking a trajectory with the vehicle not normally taken such as from pit exit directly up into a vehicle in the racing groove; clearly forcing another Competitor into the wall in an abrupt and unambiguous manner; and so on.

.e Member actions that could result in a fine and/or indefinite suspension or termination:
-- Public statement and/or communication that criticizes, ridicules, or otherwise disparages another person based upon that person’s race, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, or handicapping condition.
-- Being charged with or convicted of significant criminal violations (e.g. Domestic Violence, Trafficking, Assault), or having had determinations rendered by criminal or civil authorities that in NASCAR’s judgment necessitate action. NASCAR will not pre-judge guilt or innocence in the criminal or civil legal system, or the guilt or innocence of the Member, but rather review each matter in its own context and circumstances and with regards to its potential effects upon the sport.

.f Factors that NASCAR may consider when reviewing a matter might include:
-- When and where the incident(s) occurred;
-- The perceivable or potential ramifications to others and/or to the sport;
-- Available empirical data;
-- Member’s past history;
-- Possible effects to fans, safety workers, crew members;
-- Any extenuating circumstances;
-- Was the explanation(s) plausible given the circumstances;
-- Was there an indication of genuine remorse or attempts to work things out with the other party(s) in a civil manner; and so on.

Gonna party like it's two-thousand-nine.

Termination without representation? We're getting a loving union, aren't we?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 20, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SRA doing pretty good, not one mention of him wtf?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

leica posted:

SRA doing pretty good, not one mention of him wtf?

You motherfucker

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Congrats SRA, you'll be forever associated with "Why the gently caress is the Caution Clock a good idea"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this happened because I cannot purchase GMS merchandise

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

:(

A thousand times :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/700856376998948864

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/700857014445015040

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhkNLHictW8

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So the caution clock knocked SRA out because he doesn't sell t shirts?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/700858609228447744

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

You motherfucker

:smith:

I can't believe that loving happened. What the gently caress is this caution clock bullshit anyway?

On the bright side some amazing saves going on.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Can't believe no one has referred to it as the Contrived Truck Series at this point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

leica posted:

:smith:

I can't believe that loving happened. What the gently caress is this caution clock bullshit anyway?

On the bright side some amazing saves going on.

Check the OP for a purty graphic explaining it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Poor Sphincter Gobbler. :smith:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

THERE IT IS!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Is SRA still on the track? If so he might be able to get a decent finish out of this, holy poo poo.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

leica posted:

Is SRA still on the track? If so he might be able to get a decent finish out of this, holy poo poo.

Yep, at least 6 free spots as it stands.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Check the OP for a purty graphic explaining it.

just read it. countdown until it's implemented in cup!

:smithicide:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

gret posted:

Poor Sphincter Gobbler. :smith:
This should be on the t-shirts.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I think the caution clock is ridiculously stupid but I don't think it will create the problems that it did tonight at other tracks. I wonder if they will think about suspending the use of the clock on plate tracks? It really doesn't make much sense. There is constant action in a tight pack, no real reason for a "debris" caution to spice things up and catch up the field.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

leica posted:

just read it. countdown until it's implemented in cup!

:smithicide:

T-20 Minutes

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

bigbillystyle posted:

I think the caution clock is ridiculously stupid but I don't think it will create the problems that it did tonight at other tracks. I wonder if they will think about suspending the use of the clock on plate tracks? It really doesn't make much sense. There is constant action in a tight pack, no real reason for a "debris" caution to spice things up and catch up the field.

Yeah if anything forget that rule at Daytona and Talladega, it's redundant and why they couldn't figure that out is beyond me but you know, nascar.

I wonder if SRA can even make a race of this, his truck doesn't seem to look that bad, but I haven't had a real good look at it yet. It may be screwed aerodynamically.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
What happened with SRA and the clock?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
Really they could just implement it on 1.5 mile and 2 mile tracks and leave it out for everywhere else. Its just going to cause the same problem at Martinsville and Bristol. I guess New Hampshire and Phoenix it could be manageable so maybe anything under a mile and over 2 miles don't use the clock? Who knows they'll probably do nothing but I hope they tweak it a little.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

leica posted:

Yeah if anything forget that rule at Daytona and Talladega, it's redundant and why they couldn't figure that out is beyond me but you know, nascar.

I wonder if SRA can even make a race of this, his truck doesn't seem to look that bad, but I haven't had a real good look at it yet. It may be screwed aerodynamically.

Dude's down four laps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dang, I was rooting for Truex :(

• Locked thread