Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I am a big Duramax fan but as mentioned they command a good premium and IIRC the early/mid 00s commonly suffered injector issues which is an expensive repair if not already done.

I think the gas 6.0 Chev/GM is a reasonable engine but fuel economy sucks. I'm not sure how much of a difference there would be in economy between it and the big 8.1, or even the Ford V10 for towing purposes. I know a guy with the Ford V10 and I am pretty sure he said it didn't matter whether he was towing his RV or not, he always got around the same fuel economy.
e: Might have a tough time getting the big engines in a good truck for $5K. Sorry, forgot about budget.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sex Weirdo posted:

What about a chevy express van? You can get one with a 6.0 and they always seems to be cheaper than the trucks of similar age/mileage. You said it was for a business so maybe a van would be more useful than a truck anyway?

e: like this one for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-E...%3D291671351498

philkop posted:

Looking to take my business on the road in a 6000lb fifth wheel.
Vans are notoriously awkward to hook up to a fifth wheel hitch.

• Locked thread