Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Heh

Peedom

Heh

That photo is awesome. They seem best buds ready to hit the town and have a ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

monster on a stick posted:

"Late '30s is middle aged" :baby:

You might as well be dead

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Wasabi the J posted:

Nothing makes me more in awe of the eight thousanders than realizing the unremarkable foothills in that area are taller than any mountain I have ever seen in the US or southern Afghanistan.

They remind me of the alps but when I see no trees whatsoever even at the bottom of the valley I get a little antsy.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

elwood posted:

I think I'll come across our favourite dead canadian memorial tomorrow. Might have to look up her photoshopped pose for that.

Borrow a yellow jacket from a fellow tourist/sherpa for that magic moment.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
That starlit sky is just magnificient

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
He's probably been dead since the Gokyo ascent. The one posting is his faithful sherpa which took the oath of updating the trip on SA.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
14 deaths in less than a day In the loving italian alps due to a series of avalanches and sudden whiteouts.
Mountains are hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Well, the fault rests entirely on the rich people though. Most of Nepal is just rocks after all, and Everest, sentimental values aside, is just a really BIG rock that they can somehow make a living out of.