Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Ueli Steck isn't a tourist though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
If anyone has virtual reality cardboard for their smartphone (or the super expensive VR headsets), I highly recommend watching Capturing Everest on the Sports Illustrated website. I've only watched the first episode and it blew me away. There's some incredible scenes of Kathmandu and the trek through the Khumbu Valley (including some hair raising suspension bridge crossings). Can't wait to see the actual mountain scenes. I love the future.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
From what I've read, Honnold doesn't even really free solo that often and he's definitely not an adrenaline junkie like so many that have died before him. I recall an interview where he says that if he feels any adrenaline while free soloing, it means something has gone horribly wrong. I get the impression that he's probably done free soloing after El Cap, it was literally his life's work.