Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

No but for real you think anyone ever jacked it up there?

At base camp definitely but the way they talk about it up there makes me feel like no. Maybe the Sherpas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
To the pressure suit: there's no way you'd avoid tearing a hole in it. Then you'd die really fast I think.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I just watched the Summit and it was v sad and I hope no one dies.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sherpas are the real heroes of this mountain climbing stuff. None of these mountain climbers would have even had a chance if they didn't have all these people helping them. Like not even the dumb rich people, everyone who goes there has to rely on the Sherpas. If Everest had a government I would vote for the Sherpa party.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Those speed climbing videos make me look away from the screen, and I'm not normally one for fear of heights.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Touching the Void, those guys were British as gently caress.

Also: holy gently caress.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The second one. I think I'm creating a fear of heights for myself by watching this poo poo. It's unbelievable.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

I hope the sherpas eat everyone

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

I love how nobody in this thread noticed that Kilamanjaro is not in South Africa, at all, in any way.

It's south of the Sahara, which is a north south divide for Africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why did the dudes arm on the right move

Because it's like half a second later.