Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Skarsnik posted:

This popped up on my fb feed

why do your friends follow roosh v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Tuxedo Gin posted:

nuclear waste is not a readily available material that can be used as nuclear fuel

it is with processing

only a small portion of nuclear waste is spent fuel

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yes but if you have the ability and technology to process nuclear waste into something usable, then you are not really rebuilding society, are you? we don't even do that today because it's not worth it. if someone who came across nuclear waste storage had the ability to process it, then those warnings are obviously not for them.

we already have the technology. if you're building a nuclear reactor, you probably have access to where we wrote down the process for nuclear waste processing.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

George H.W. oval office posted:

I wish I was some big baller. I want to buy off every Sherpa to never climb again and leave all these idiots on their own

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I could buy off every sherpa to never climb again and leave all these idiots on their own

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

I thought Annapurna was the deadliest mountain?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

nope

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

I don't have a problem with people putting themselves in dangerous situations for fun if they know the risks. That doesn't mean I think they're smart for doing it, but hey, it's their life, they can decide to risk it if they want, whether or not they're doing it for something that has a "value to society." And I can appreciate someone who does something that requires a great feat of strength or agility, whether or not that has a value to society either. Don't be so concerned with how other people live their lives, man.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

There's a difference between having your rich rear end dragged up a mountain by sherpas versus training for a year to do something nobody on earth has done before and few on earth even can. The first is not just pathetic - it's risking the lives of people who are only there because they need to make a living. That's something I can't abide by.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

great argument. well thought out. gold star.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

I think the real secret to avoiding GBS is to not post the new thread in GBS, but what do I know.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

i like that the headline implies that she is either about to die or she is somehow responsible for their deaths

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

simplefish posted:

sang kareoke with "trannies" or whatever.

i was gonna complain about this but yikes, that's exactly what he says in the article

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Logan graduated from UCF majoring in journalism, minoring in beer pong, and film. Currently living down under, working on his yoga practice, he's mastered the illusive "Drunken Warrior Pose". For more follow Logan's Blog, kangaroontang.blogspot

most of his articles are about beer or yoga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

or you're queer and you say queer. this is illegal if you're straight.