Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
what about "deaths" and "tragedies"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

AceRimmer posted:

"Oh you're a vegan? I knew a vegan once..."

almost met*

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ozymandiaz1260 posted:

I would assume that makes it even worse at high elevations. There's more oxygen down low on the ground because the air molecules are closer together, but not high up because some of the oxygen that would normally be up there is compacted down. I don't know that for sure, but it seems like a safe assumption. If there's more air in one place, that means there's less air somewhere else.

this is correct because the atmosphere literally stops six feet above the peak of everest and during winter actually dips below it. anyone who summits between november 7 and february 19 is technically an astronaut

e: added 2016/17 dates from the old sherpas almanac

mod saas fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 30, 2016

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
carl sagan climbing everest with a little help from his sherpa of the imagination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shangri-Law School posted:

Thirding. Really interesting stuff. Sucks that we're one of the few species that can't make Vitamin C; I wonder if the other animals make fun of us for that. :(

Dude they won't even talk to us and you wonder?