Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
Thought of you guys earlier. I'm doing the EBC trek right now and on the way from Thukla to Louboche, we passed the climbers memorials. So of course I had to look for our favorite Canadian, Shriya Shah Klorfine.

And hers was ridiculously easy to find. It was literally the second one I looked at and its got huge pictures of her on multiple sides. Other than Scott Fischer (who has a bright white memorial with SCOTT FISCHER painted on it in huge black letters), hers was probably easily the most identifiable.

Also I got to chat with the cameraman who filmed Everest: Doctors in the Death Zone for a while in a lodge one night so that was awesome. He's there this year with a UAE military team, filming for National Geographic Middle East. He also filmed a six part series on K2. Hardcore, man, trekking was enough for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

bradzilla posted:

No pics, mods?

But really though I wish you luck and hope you don't die on the mountain.

Thanks! I'm on the way back down, in Namche Bazaar now and I should have just one last day of hiking and then fly out Friday morning.

Also, I have lots of pics but......um.....I don't know how to move them from my camera to my iPad. So they may have to wait until I'm back at a computer.

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
To be really impressive, I want to see someone summit Everest and then compete in the Everest marathon at the end of the month.

It starts at the end of the month in Gorak Shep and goes to Namche. A nice "downhill" run. Except for all the steep uphill parts and oh yeah you can barely breathe!