Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tommunist posted:

the first lesson is to do what i do and

##vote kashuno

ahahhahahahahahagagagagavavabahhahhahaahhahahagahahahabaahhhahaha look at this loving scum cocksucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wait

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

actually, I meant #vote kash because he's always

always

scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tommunist posted:

hello you're posting but i don't see any votes on the kashuno idgi

Captain Foo posted:

actually, I meant #vote kash because he's always

always

scum.

fuk u lmfao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tommunist posted:

ugh

league

Rugby league is a piece of poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

You're the worst mafia player ever and I wish you'd stop playing.

You drag every game you're in down.

hail Satan quoting for truth beyond truth

no truer post has ever been posted

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

confirmed towN poster right here folks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

u guy spost a lot for a saturday night, also thecog is probably town. that being said, until demonstrated otherwise im going to policy ##vote imgay

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trasson posted:

We know our own roles and the distribution of other roles, for one. There's fifteen other players. Assuming a given player is town, that means that person has a 5/15 or 1 in 3 chance of voting for a scum by sheer blind chance. We also know there's a serial killer about, so Mafia are going to be a little more aggressive about going for lynches instead of no-lynches, since every night that goes by is another chance that one of the Mafia gets shot. Therefore, anyone who votes a little too aggressively on someone with too little evidence is a bit more likely to be scum, and thus you can up your voting odds from 33% to 33% plus how sure you are this person's a scum based on these votes. It's not an exact science, but saying you don't know anything because it's day 1 (presumably because there's no flips or investigations) is not taking the time to stop an engage with the math and mechanics.

what the actual gently caress is this post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh yeah hey massclarming is bad rn

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh i guess trasson is new? thecog is too? hrm. i rly don't like that post that i quoted but if he new than i won't vote today

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Metos posted:

Kashuno seems like a cool town guy.
only time this has ever been said lmfao

quote:

Thecog seems alright if that's who was starting the idea of the massclaim, I forget if it was him or Gulagdolls and I think its Gulag I don't like as they seem keen to just kill off all our power roles.
I wanna hear more from Captain Foo and Flying Leatherman, Foo because his posts say nothing and I think he's a baddie, but also Flying Leatherman has a total of 3 posts, 2 since the game started (both of which were help aimed at me which I appreciate but also doesn't say much)
Trasson I'm leaning towards baddie but not 100% yet.

##Vote Captain Foo, happy to move it to Gulagdolls when I wake up if that's the direction we're going as they're my second choice.

i don't like the phrasing here about willing 2 follow the vote-train around

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm sorry I disappeared! I had some personal stuff come up last night. I know, no excuses.

After doing some light filtering, Tomm has a ton of posts that don't say anything at all and I'm putting my vote there today. He's not the only one, but there's some seriously low signal to noise ratio when you look at the number of posts.

I like this post of Trasson's and agree. I thought that Friction's post - the one that he's referencing there - was bad.

We should not massclaim if that's still being discussed.

##vote Tommunist

this post is pinging me real hard tbqh - why do you like trasson's post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm getting bad vibes from Foo and Friction. The former's hardly posted but there's something to the irreverence I don't like. It feels like a mask. The latter comments are quick bursts of thoughts on nothing really at all, a lot of D1 is hard and dumb sort of posts, and then an opinion on the vote leader. It feels like it was meant to go unnoticed. Imgay is doing the same exact thing, unfortunately he does this as town or scum but the especial pointlessness of the majority of his posts is definitely making me vote scum.

##vote imgay

im getting deja vu to my last game but i do find it interesting that you were getting bad vibes from me yet DO agree with me in voting imgay, effectively for the same reasons as well (being imgay)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

despite my snark about kashuno i believe him about being town miller

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

That response sounds like new town to me, actually. I am placated for the moment.

I think the key with how you see the veterans make reads is that we aren't as sure as we appear. Don't be afraid to throw down an opinion, even if its vague on D1. Literally any opinion is better than "I dunno, there aren't enough posts." Later on it's better to have something more concrete to form up a case, but early on we're just throwing things out to see what happens.

Your Day 1 Opinion is a Piece of poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JakeP posted:

##vote captain foo hiding behind a policy vote that he claims he will stick to until imgay is dead

FOS@U SIR not a action just a strong fos

that's not at all what i said w/r/t my policy vote although i recall being v drunk when i wrote that post :beerpal:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

im currently suspicious of jakep for trying to put words in my mouth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i haven't really liked trasson's play but he can have the D1 shield

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

im annoyed by lumpen trying to take over the game but i don't really think it's scummy per se

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anything about kb's posting style being indicative of scum i do not buy at all, content-wise i'd have to review in more detail

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i would still be incredibly happy to lynch imgay

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

This is a bad vote.

explain

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trasson posted:

Alright, so the big thing to go off of: TheCog's massclaim plan and reactions to it. There's likely other useful data, but I'm going to just concentrate on this subset since I feel it's a good place to start, although I'm sure there's lots to criticize.

Gulag is the first one to show support for it, and continues to do so even after everyone else is like "Umm, no.".

A bit later, Flying Leatherman comes out in support of the motivation of his plan though not the actual idea.. Some other people had said his plan's a bad one but at least town intentioned, but FL is a little more direct in supporting TheCog as Town, and even calls out the plan post as, paraphrasing, reminding [FL] of his content posts [when he was town].

Lumpen then asserts that, as the setup designer, a D1 massclaim in any way would be a bad idea. I think this is legit: aside from the prevailing wisdom in the thread, Lumpen has no reason to lie: if he's town, he wants to tell the truth. If he's scum, he wants to look town.

Cog then responds saying he believes an open setup is there to be broken and that he'd let the idea rest since there wasn't enough support. He then goes on to defend the massclaim plan. He also outs himself as being an experienced player, but new here. This was known secondhand (to me, at least; I might have missed a post from him on it), but this is a confirmation of that fact.

Concerning Operation Masslcaim, King Burgundy finally shows and comes out with soft support but has no issues waiting until later, while Friction.123 chimes in with a distilled version again condemning the idea, but respecting the thought behind it.

TheCog makes his second defense of his plan after saying he'd drop it in response to Kashuno's outright statement that attempting to solve by claim at this point would be scummy.

TheCog then makes another post on voting for someone off of a rule of thumb heuristic. Kashuno comes out and condemns MassClaim and backs it up with a vote. We then get TheCog Defense #3 after saying he'd let his plan rest. Some more back and forth ensues, with TheCog claiming he'd willingly trade a cop for a scum. Gulag chimes in with agreeing with the plan but backsteps, calling Cog out on expending effort defending a plan that won't happen. A couple of followup comments about Gulag not caring if the power roles survive are made. 100yrs agrees that power roles are support for winning, not the victory methods.

Friction votes Gulag, and Gulag again comes out in support of massclaiming. He also thinks pineapple on pizza is merely okay, so he's scum based on that alone, but let's continue to be objective.

We'll skip ahead a few pages of TV discussion and small debates on whether or not Friction/myself are scum, as it's not the topic I'm looking at here.

100yrs comes out with a soft defense of gulag, a read on some other people, and then votes for imgay with no reasoning given. Later, he posts his reasoning: based on a meta read of how imgay has played as scum/town. Cog chimes in with a defense of imgay based on a couple of games he looked at; 100yrs brings up some others. A bit later he gives a final read on imgay, Friction, and Metos, standing by his vote.

Then we get to the recent bits I addressed in my last post.

So, what do I takeaway from this?

Cog stood a little too strongly behind his plan even after saying he'd drop it. He's either dedicated or stupidly stubborn, no matter which side he's on. If he were full on new I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but if half the board (which by definition must include townies) is saying they think your plan sucks defending it is not how you look good. He's either scum gone rogue, the SK, part of a smokescreen for the other scum, part of a really hail mary scum plan, or just an eager young space cadet promising kittens and rainbows. My preference is towards SK: he has a vested interest in trying to out as much of both sides as possible, consequences be damned. Note his insistence on the power/not power claim, and his surety that the Mafia would claim power. The scum claiming power is bad for them, for exactly the reasons Cog keeps saying. He doesn't care, though! If the town claims their power then most of his job is done for him. If the Mafia are dumb enough to counterclaim power then he's got an easy coast to victory. Additionally, as the SK, he'd have a hard time of things scoring victory; more than anyone the SK has an interest in a longshot play.

Gulag is also in a lot of support for Plan Massclaim, and is the only one to show unconditional support. This is weird if they're both scum, but if Cog is SK then Gulag could be scum and potentially reap the benefits of the claim. As town the play makes little sense: why are you coming out so hard in favor of what most feel is an antitown play? That just makes your position worse when arguing for who's scum. Of course, the same goes for if he's scum, so that's a wash. Gulag being scum fits, but if he flipped town I wouldn't be completely surprised.

100yrs is also in defense of the plan but sends his votes in a different direction. As someone pointed out, there's plenty of content to make use of. Why make a meta vote? Cog is against it, and brings up previous games, and 100yrs brings up even earlier games. This is suspiciously convenient if and only if they're both Mafia; it's merely coincidental otherwise. As much as I'd like to say 100yrs is scum based on this, I don't have enough backing it up.

If pressed I'd go and give a look at some other players but at that point I'd probably just be looking for evidence to fit a narrative (I mean, even more so than this looks). Based on the above I'm feeling most strongest on TheCog as scum, but I'll certainly keep an open mind as deadline approaches. Nevertheless, I shall put my money where my mouth is in the meantime:

##vote TheCog

that's a lot of words and also hedgy as hell after saying you're gonna draw a conclusion, but see my earlier post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

were I scum, I'd easily trade myself for the town cop

kashuno u should know better than to make "if i were scum" posts :mad:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Flying Leatherman posted:

3) Foo, for dropping an early vote and then showing back up after being called out by a couple people to make exactly 9 more posts before leaving again. It feels to me like specifically posting to try and avoid hated tomorrow. This one's subject to change if he's back and active for deadline.

u can eat my rear end :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i get stronger scumvibes from anarc than kb based on the reactions to cogpost. but not very strong ones at that tbqh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Metos posted:

1) Not substantiated with anything? How about actually reading their posts? Wanting to kill off power roles and sacrifice them for a weird shot of possibly finding the mafia but if they play better than us actually just loving us over and costing us the powers permanently at a gain that could be too slow that we're all dead before the mafia are, how is that not a terrible scummy thing to suggest.

it was terrible but the reasoning was too transparent to be scum, im h fuckken o

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imo kb isnt a very good vote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Nothing I did can be considered building a case and that is the second time you've implied as such.

I'm gonna break this interaction down more d2

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

##vote tomm COME ON GUY DON'T TRY TO MISLED THE NEW PLAYERS.

this is weak

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

I have decided that this new chart is rad. I still most suspect Trasson, Flying Leatherman, and King Burgundy.

Please post your top 3 suspects in some conspicuous format that I'll notice and I will keep the chart updated throughout the days (while I live).

code:

---------------------------
			!            -            !
			!           { }           !
			!           | |           !
			!        .-.! !.-.        !
			!      .-!  ! !  !.-.     !
			!      ! !       !  ;     !
			!      \           ;      !
			!       \         ;       !
			!        !       :        !
			!        !       |        !
			!        |       |        !
			!                         !

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jakep's vote was entirely justified, even if he saw the claim. imo, extremely late claim by gulag while also looking like he was drawing it even closer to the deadline than needed

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

I have to start somewhere.

that was fuckin weaksauce attempt to jumpstart something, i think you're trying to start d2 narrative against tomm. i know people were suspicious of him d1 but i'd have to do some re-reading. idk if you were against him d1 or not.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yes, as lumpen and metos pointed out there are plenty of other reasons for 1kill, and it reads like tomm posted the first thing that came to mind and didnt go through the entire thought tree

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

I barely played d1 to be fair.

Captain Foo posted:

code:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

I voted gulag because dudes were pressuring me otherwise and I'm too important to town to get lynched.

cool softclaim

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JakeP posted:

i think he just means because of his skill level and town contributions

Captain Foo posted:

code:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The reason I didn't want to vote Trasson is because he reminded me a lot of myself, with the second guessing and the leaving open of options. Of course that was D1 only and I wouldn't have voted him regardless. But then when you look at his posts.

I'm pretty sure that's not a scum-slip but the phrasing is just awful.

It's really weird he wants to vote thecog for being the SK. I know we have to eliminate all threats to town, but he just as easily calls gulag scum and let's that option slide away until the final minutes of the game.

Actually you thought he was SK. A bit inconsistent. Still his vote on gulag does align with his intentions from pretty early on. He's INCREDIBY hedgy and unsure of his actions, which Asiina properly notes down as scummy but keeps to his message and opinions pretty regularly despite remembering what he himself thought just a bit earlier. I'm not so convinced.

##vote trasson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

It was really lovely of Gulag to claim at -2 with only a few minutes left in the game day and no breadcrumb and having put zero effort into building cases for alternative candidates when he was the clear lynch leader for most of D1.

:agreed:

• Locked thread