Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My shed/Workshops here! Spose this is probably something I should do a thread on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

2016 and Christ Rock complains Soul Plane 2 wasn't worthy of an Oscar.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Literally shaking with rage. :rolleyes:
Post the original post then, mad guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's something incredibly satisfying seeing Fury Road sweep the Oscars in the AV categories and the Force Awakens hasn't won fuckall yet.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Cage posted:

What are you even on about

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Super Aggro Crag posted:

2016 and Christ Rock complains Soul Plane 2 wasn't worthy of an Oscar.

Who cares, Fury Road on a Technical awards splurge!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

I am like a sjw warrior for the fast and furious movies.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Who cares, Fury Road on a Technical awards splurge!

I mean, I've watched Fury Road at least 9 times by now... love it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

There's something incredibly satisfying seeing Fury Road sweep the Oscars in the AV categories and the Force Awakens hasn't won fuckall yet.

As much as I think TFA was a really good film, Fury Road deserves what it's gotten by far. Nothing is going home with more awards already :D

Pity Miller wont win and it wont win best movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chris Rock is painfully unfunny. I wish he had boycotted.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Rhyno posted:

BLACK PEOPLE BECAUSE BLACK PEOPLE BEING BLACK PEOPLE.

Spike Lee is one of THE worst hypocritical pieces of poo poo for race relations of all time. gently caress off and die, thank you.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 29, 2016

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Is he still doing the "The louder I yell, the funnier I think I sound" bit?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

Is he still doing the "The louder I yell, the funnier I think I sound" bit?

Was he ever capable of anything else?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

No, he's graduated to racial pity jokes.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

No, he's graduated to racial pity jokes.
Graduated implies an improvement.

confonnit
Sep 28, 2001

Ahh I love when the latent racism comes out in AI

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
He was pretty good in the fifth element.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

confonnit posted:

Ahh I love when the latent racism comes out in AI

There's a little yellow Camaro Mustang in all of our hearts.

Edit: gently caress, Rhyno is right.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 29, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

His performace was pretty supergreen

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

He was pretty good in the fifth element.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Spike Lee is one of THE worst hypocritical pieces of poo poo for race relations of all time. gently caress off and die, thank you.

On a scale from Spike Lee to Louis Farrakhan, where does Al Sharpton place?

I liked Chris Rock in SNL years ago until the yelling until funny thing started grating on the nerves, kinda like Adam Sandlers random baby noise thing. Things were simpler in the early 90's. Also, I was in high school so I probably didn't know any better.

Edit: at least we can all agree that it's pretty awesome that a 2 hour car chase took the academy awards this year. That's pretty cool. .

keykey fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 29, 2016

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

keykey posted:

I liked Chris Rock in SNL years ago until the yelling until funny thing started grating on the nerves

Did he introduce that disease to the rest of SNL ("really?!?!?!")? Did he catch it from that other toiletbowl of a comedian, Lewis Black (note that although his name is Black, I'm not racist for saying he sucks because he's actually white, you see)

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Dang, you're absolutely right. Louis Black is the new Chris Rock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

There's a little yellow Camaro in all of our hearts.

It was a Mustang.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Climate change is real, everyone.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

man what happened to me

5 years ago i was all gung ho about working on cars forever

2 years ago i was swapping my car's engine without so much as an air compressor

havent done poo poo to it in a year, havent even gotten my oil changed in 8 months (only like 5k miles but still) and all i do is whine in this thread about non car poo poo

have i lost my ai cred forever

god what a lovely month. and theres even a bonus day of it this year. ugh.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Ferremit posted:

My shed/Workshops here! Spose this is probably something I should do a thread on...

That's awesome and yes. I've already seen some huge difference with house construction and wiring there. I want to see how y'all build shops. (what we code people in the US would call accessory buildings/storage enclosures)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ferremit posted:

*Some assembly required.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Enourmo posted:

man what happened to me

havent done poo poo to it in a year, havent even gotten my oil changed in 8 months (only like 5k miles but still) and all i do is whine in this thread about non car poo poo

You are overthinking it.

Just go drive it a little and enjoy yourself.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

AAA needs to hurry up and send me my membership card. It's been almost two weeks now and I got poo poo that needs towing.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Great Beer posted:

AAA needs to hurry up and send me my membership card. It's been almost two weeks now and I got poo poo that needs towing.

You can't print it from the website?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

CharlesM posted:

You can't print it from the website?

That would require a printer.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Is there a library nearby?

Hell, even a Kinkos Fedex Office will let you use a computer by the minute.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Reckon I could get the Chinese company that makes the harbor freight trailer to send half a dozen to the UK with the right plug on it? Wonder how much that would cost, I bet I could recoup costs selling the extras.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm... kinda shocked.

Just had to call Time Warner. Haven't used one of our set top boxes in several months (it's on a very, very seldom used TV that also hasn't been turned on, or even plugged in, in the same amount of time - also it's free for a few more months, so wasn't worried about charges). Box had been deactivated, it immediately popped up a "We have detected an interruption in your service, please call <local Time Warner number> to restore service" on the screen.

I actually got someone who knew their poo poo. And it took them less than 1 minute to fix it. :stonkhat: I think the total time spent on the phone was about 4 minutes. "We're making a lot of changes at Time Warner Cable" indeed..

Had this happen once before, and it took over half an hour for them to get it working again (with a very kind, but clueless, gentleman named Elvis, who had an accent that was very un-Elvis).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 29, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CommieGIR posted:

Father Jack is dead. Feck off, the lot of you.

Arse :(

Pham Nuwen posted:

Did he introduce that disease to the rest of SNL ("really?!?!?!")? Did he catch it from that other toiletbowl of a comedian, Lewis Black (note that although his name is Black, I'm not racist for saying he sucks because he's actually white, you see)

I kinda like Lewis Black.

There's something very cathartic about watching a man keep up a proper spittle-laden vein-popping angry crazy-man rant for an entire stand up routine.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Cage posted:

Adiabatic posted:

He's a little bit... too concerned... about me. :wink: It's a little bit pitiful that he tries to call me out in denfense of FF movies. It's okay, Cage, just get in line with Big Dandy and Oz. They, got too concerned about me, as well, but they got over it.

Great Beer posted:

That would require a printer.

I can't stand this argument. If you have a computer, you should have a printer, period. There's no economic justification otherwise. You can watch deal sites and pick up a perfectly fine laser printer for under $40 at several times per year.

Enourmo posted:

man what happened to me

And on top of all that, your shift key broke. :cry:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

some texas redneck posted:

I'm... kinda shocked.

Just had to call Time Warner. Haven't used one of our set top boxes in several months (it's on a very, very seldom used TV that also hasn't been turned on, or even plugged in, in the same amount of time - also it's free for a few more months, so wasn't worried about charges). Box had been deactivated, it immediately popped up a "We have detected an interruption in your service, please call <local Time Warner number> to restore service" on the screen.

I actually got someone who knew their poo poo. And it took them less than 1 minute to fix it. :stonkhat: I think the total time spent on the phone was about 4 minutes. "We're making a lot of changes at Time Warner Cable" indeed..

Had this happen once before, and it took over half an hour for them to get it working again (with a very kind, but clueless, gentleman named Elvis, who had an accent that was very un-Elvis).

I had to get in contact with LG today because the wireless dongle isnt playing nice with our ducted aircon unit, and it could be the dongle is faulty, the controller is faulty or the main board is faulty, or, being LG, All three are faulty!

I was elevated to a level 2 technical problem within 5 mins of talking to the service rep because i exhausted his knowledge with "Have you turned it off and on again?"

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

I can't stand this argument. If you have a computer, you should have a printer, period. There's no economic justification otherwise. You can watch deal sites and pick up a perfectly fine laser printer for under $40 at several times per year.

I don't want the clutter and I can print at work five days a week, just requires a bit of planning. When I got my condo I told myself that I wouldn't get a printer, and then just drive the eleven kilometers and print stuff should I ever need it urgently on a weekend. I think that happened once or twice since 2009.

If you aren't able to print at work, I can kinda see the point. Just don't get a crappy inkjet one that'll cost its own price twice over in new ink cartridges whenever you want to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Or be like me and get a barely used fully-optioned prosumer Kyocera laser printer for free from work, since no one was using it.

It has built-in Novell Netware support :whatup:

I've used it like 15-20 times in 4 years

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 29, 2016

• Locked thread