Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grim posted:

Edit: I just found out that the free weekly FiveShards tournament was also about to start when I was waiting so that might have something to do with it as well

Yeah, I was waiting at the same time and was like, why does it keep going up to 6 or 7 people then dropping?

When I dropped to look around I noticed the five shards and joined that for kicks.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wow, that is pretty bad.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyone have any deck recommendations for the VIP? I haven't done much with constructed lately and I'm not going to have a lot of extra time. This weekend crept up on me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yay, made it to two wins. One against eaglov sporting his invitational sleeves. :)

Faced two winter moon, one rutherfurd and one kranok.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was able to make a 5 shard deck while rare drafting and still almost win a game. That makes me super happy with the new set so far.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Afgad posted:

Important Dates
To join, tell me you're signing up by May 9th.
I will finalize the ban and awful lists sometime before then. Thus, I expect you to give me a decklist by May 11th. I will assign brackets on or before May 11th.
Once I assign your placement, don't take too long scheduling/playing your match. Everyone should play at least once a week until they are eliminated.

Any leeway on these dates? Traveling the 8th through the 13th and it might be doable but more time between finalization of awful/ban lists and expected deck list due would be nice.

Sign me up either way and I'll try to make it happen.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

God of Evil Cows posted:

Any chance we can get another extension on the deadline? I'm super busy up to and including the 15th and any Hex time I have I'm trying to spend on deckbuilding/practicing for the Cup of Fate.

Yeah, if not I'm going to have to drop out. Fly back home finally late tomorrow night and the week has been too hectic to get anything done. No hard feelings if not tho.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Afgad posted:

Goec, Go RV!, King Burgundy, I'd like you guys in the tournament but if the 16th isn't ok when would be a good time?

Remember, people who have already submitted decks, you can revise them at any time until I lock it.

I'll get one in to you late tonight!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey Irony.Or.Death, my best availability is evenings mountain time, but let me know what works for you. In game name: KingBurgundy

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Megasabin posted:

Just came to this thread, because I got an email about my account deleted. Read the past few pages, and saw this is already being discussed. One thing I couldn't tell was do I need to submit a support ticket or will it just be restored automatically now?

I don't really play this game anymore, but I did play when it came out, and I spent 50 dollars on the kickstarter and on tournaments when I started, so to just delete my 50-75 dollar account seems like a really lovely move.

Should probably already be restored. But now make sure to login and accept the new terms of service so they don't delete it when they try again.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Irony.or.Death posted:

Mountain evening is a little late for me on weeknights, but should work fine Saturday if you'll be around then. Snoggins in game. Are you signed up for the slack channel? I'm usually idling in there.

Yeah, in the slack, but I don't check it super often. Sending you a message now just in case it isn't too late.

I can make other times work, depending on what works best for you. Like at lunch or what have you.

But if nothing else, late Saturday would be fine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Played my games with Irony.or.Death.

I won the match 2-0.

First game I thought for sure I was a goner because he got off an amazing cosmic transmog which changed my awesome 3 troops into garbage and did really great things for his side of the board. (preview edit, I see he posted a great screenshot of that) But eventually my bard/unique synergy turned things around.

I think in general, both games, I got some of my best draws possible. I did end up with Army of Myth and Born of the Flame as mostly dead cards in my hand though. Never really had an opportunity to cast them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Went 2-0 against Trilin/Biske.

First game he lived the dream and got off a successful all in the family and I thought I was going to be done for, but my Zakiir was a workhorse and helped turn things around. I had my exiled bard synergy happening but it wasn't particularly exciting this game and really didn't make any important difference.

Second game he didn't draw very well and I drew only good cards the whole game. Had some crazy lifedrain/speed/doubledamage awesomeness happening.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Only in town for another couple days before a week of travel. Just fyi in case Moon Monster/Trilin don't finish their game so I can play winner before I leave. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Moon Monster posted:

I lost to KingBurgundy 1-2. I thought with 44 cards in my deck I could take a hit from Reginald Lancashire but I drew him with his "draw 3 cards" effect :suicide:

1st game I drew all my good stuff and only like one of my awful cards and had nice consistent mana while he had to mulligan, so I won.
2nd game I drew pretty much all shards the whole game except for my bard and two other uniques while he had air superiority and flying troops owning me.
3rd game felt the closest to a normal game for both of us. He got off transmog, I got off some ruby of flames. But as he said, Reginald pulled out the win for me!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

God of Evil Cows posted:

King Burgundy, we've been scheduled to play the finals of the Awful Tournament for a while now. I know you were out of town for a while and the past weekend was a holiday, but let's try to finish up the tournament sometime soon.

Sounds good. When is good for you?

I've been hopping on slack occasionally to see if you were on and haven't seen you yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok folks, the tournament is complete!

GoEC VS KB Match 1:

GoEC lost here due to shard screw/flood primarily. There wasn't anything super exciting here.

Double elimination, so we move on to GoEC VS KB Match 2:

First and Second game of this match went one to each of us primarily because of shard screw/flood again. But then finally, the last game we got all our tools in place and got to see a really good game. There was a bit of back and forth here with each of us temporarily taking a leg up. At one point it looked like I had him on the ropes unless he drew a mass polymorph dingler and HE DID! It was pretty epic. He had me sweating at that point still with his 7/5 cheese goliath chipping away at me, but I managed to get a critically timed Tiaanost to end things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So lost my first two games, but managed to crawl back to a 5-2 so far. One more game left. I should definitely finish in the top 64 now. Yay. :)

Of course, not sure the payoff is worth how many hours this has taken. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

But if you aren't playing against the other players in your draft, doesn't that kind of eliminate a big portion of the draft strategy/planning/etc?

I know a lot about what I could be facing in a traditional draft since I saw a big portion of the cards available. That is entirely gone with this.

Seems weird to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Zurai posted:

Not really, no. You're still playing the draft portion exactly the same, because the draft portion is exactly the same. For the actual games, you were always less than 50% to see any given opponent (7 total players, 3 matches = 3/7 opponents seen at the absolute maximum). And you never saw a majority of the really impactful cards, the rares and uncommons. It's entirely possible, for example, to be facing a 2 Mama Yeti deck having seen zero of the Mama Yetis in the draft phase.

I guess that's fair.

Valatar posted:

I can see where hardcore draft strategy masters would be unhappy about the change. There's no way under a gauntlet setting to use the draft to screw other players or know what decks they're likely to have. That said, I'm loving terrible at that part, so it won't affect me at all.

Also, I suck, so this also applies to me. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's pretty cool.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Still seems fine to me.

I'm using the original client, so I'm guessing I wouldn't show up on steamcharts. Not sure how many similar people that applies to.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Still seems fine to me.

I'm using the original client, so I'm guessing I wouldn't show up on steamcharts. Not sure how many similar people that applies to.

BTW, following up on this, is there any reason to switch to steam client, or not to? Are there any actual differences/advantages/disadvantages?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The new Clash sounds rad.

I'm looking forward to not having to deal with Gameforge anymore.

I have to admit, I'm curious what prompted this though. Was it Gameforge dropping Hex? Or did Hex really want to split off on their own for some reason?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Question on gold. What is the fastest way to get it nowadays?

I did the math on how much it would take if I ever wanted to finish rolling all my chests and it's in the millions. Just trying to figure out if it's ever going to happen, even if I buckle down and try to earn all the gold.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, those two posts combined answer my question. Fastest farming in the 31k an hour range puts me at like 100+ hours of gold farming. Which, yeah, no thanks. Far more worth my time to just do this if I ever decide it's worth it:

Thoom posted:

Exchange cash for platinum. Exchange platinum for gold.

What's plat to gold exchange rate nowadays? Is there a place to check? I tried hexprice and the page they used to have for that seems to be blank at the moment.

Also, is there a good method for that nowadays? -- Like would selling packs for gold be the best way?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BenRGamer posted:

So! Looking over the cards, I realized something. The card, Pesky Pippit(3/3, 3WW, Scrounge 6: Summon a random squirrel at the end of your turn), has exactly one squirrel in Standard that it can legally summon. The giant 7/7 attacks-all-fliers squirrel. So I'm trying to build a deck around that and Aspect of the Squirrel, using Dreadlings as scrounge fodder.

This sounds amusing. I might fiddle with that later.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bummer.

I'm still having fun with it though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Is anyone else noticing a vast performance increase with this last patch? It is way way better on my older laptop.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hex coming to PS4 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjpucWo2WM

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

pumpinglemma posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. What possible excuse can there be for not only failing to migrate me automatically like any other MMO would have done, but also failing to contact me in any way beyond a loving Kickstarter update with three days' notice. That's pathetic. And now after having downloaded 3GB of files and found out my login does indeed not work, I have to set up their loving support portal. No, really, I didn't have any other plans for this evening. You go ahead and ruin it.

There are legal reasons they couldn't.

I feel like I had known about this for way longer than 3 days, but you are still probably right about more notice being necessary. This is the kind of thing that should have been spammed early and often.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

katkillad2 posted:

They also deleted any discussion about it on the forums. I don't think that's the best way to handle that sort of situation...I've been claiming the doom and gloom since like set 7, unfortunately this seems inevitable. It's just a matter of when. Even aside from everything else, there's no way the current playerbase is sustainable. I only draft my ticket once a week and it's usually a 3-4 hour process between finding a draft that fires and finding opponents.

That bums me out. I'll miss my weekly draft.

For what it's worth, at the times I draft, which is like early evening US time or morning/afternoon on weekends, drafts fill and fire very quickly. I feel like it's rare that I wait longer than about 15 minutes. But I only test this theory about once a week.

Oh actually, the new experimental tourney types, I got matched on those super fast too. That was similar times, and I did each one 2-3 times to get enough wins for the animated back.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GaistHeidegger posted:

There's routinely a 'state of the game' data analysis performed on HexPrimal by Fred, who is the community guy who has all sorts of hooks into the API for actual play + auction hall activity to keep a barometer on how the game's actually performing. When looking at these numbers, for reference, the first percentage is in comparison to last month and the second percentage is in comparison to the same relative month (e.g. third from set release for this one) as the prior set release. You can read the full article here, but here's the gist:

So, a pretty heavy drop since last month and an even heavier drop since the third month of last set, which on its face hurts. Deeper than that, however, is another consideration: for reference, the last state of the game last month was already the lowest activity in the history of the game, so take the first percentage comparison into consideration in that context.

I do wonder if we aren't getting the full picture though. Because obviously all these modes cannibalize each other. There are more things to do now then there were a year ago or even a couple months ago at this point. Like has Merry Melee pulled from those other modes? What effect has siege had? Etc.

Part of this could just be me wanting to be optimistic though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's a huge bummer.

• Locked thread